Photo

Going To Derm For First Time...what Do They Usually Perscribe?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 bobbyfisher23

bobbyfisher23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

I've been on all of those before and never at the same time. Monocycline worked well for me but it did take some time and didn't clear me completely but definitely improved acne. My face could never handle topical a well so I didn't ever get the full effect of them but differin worked fantastic for my cousin. And the clindamycin phosphate worked well for my brother.

I'm actually on the fence with differin right now. Seems like it might be too irritating to my extremely sensitive skin. The doctor didn't really seem to care about what I had to say either. I wonder if just using the phosphate gel would suffice. I don't really know if it is imperative to use the differin and the phosphate together.

If I were you I would try to use them how he prescribed them and if its too irritating for your skin try using the differin every other day or 2 or 3 times a week. That's how my dermatologist told me to use my topicals. And if they irritate your skin too much then obviously only use one. And for me I found that gels irritated my skin more then lotions, and I had the lotion version of both of the topicals so you could also ask your dermatologist about those.

Did your brother only get prescribed the phosphate? Did it work for him for a long period of time like 2 or 3 years? If that's the case then I guess I can only use the phosphate if the differin doesn't work out for me. The Phosphate already seems to be working actually :)

#22 ls206816

ls206816

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

I've been on all of those before and never at the same time. Monocycline worked well for me but it did take some time and didn't clear me completely but definitely improved acne. My face could never handle topical a well so I didn't ever get the full effect of them but differin worked fantastic for my cousin. And the clindamycin phosphate worked well for my brother.

I'm actually on the fence with differin right now. Seems like it might be too irritating to my extremely sensitive skin. The doctor didn't really seem to care about what I had to say either. I wonder if just using the phosphate gel would suffice. I don't really know if it is imperative to use the differin and the phosphate together.
If I were you I would try to use them how he prescribed them and if its too irritating for your skin try using the differin every other day or 2 or 3 times a week. That's how my dermatologist told me to use my topicals. And if they irritate your skin too much then obviously only use one. And for me I found that gels irritated my skin more then lotions, and I had the lotion version of both of the topicals so you could also ask your dermatologist about those.

Did your brother only get prescribed the phosphate? Did it work for him for a long period of time like 2 or 3 years? If that's the case then I guess I can only use the phosphate if the differin doesn't work out for me. The Phosphate already seems to be working actually :)

Well he was prescribed it a few months ago. And he doesn't really care that he has acne, my mom just made him go to the dermatologist so he used it for maybe a month or two with a sodium Sulfate wash he was also prescribed And the two in combination worked well for him but he stopped using them.

#23 bobbyfisher23

bobbyfisher23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm still sooooo scared to use differin. Never have I seen such mixed reviews for a product.....My face just has red marks on my cheeks and neck right now. I don't want this stuff to make it ten times worse and never recover.