(sorry this is so long ><, links to all the products below)
I've been dealing with my acne since the start of college. I live in the city now, which I reckon can't be good for the skin, but there's not much I can deal with lifestyle-wise. It's been three years and my skin is getting worse as time goes on. So here I am trying to piece together a new regime to follow through on and hopefully see results.
As for my skin, pictures speak volumes.
- my forehead: tons, and i mean tons, of closed comedones. some have little black dots in the middle. there's a lot more than the picture lets on
- my right cheek: it's the worse of the two. it is a whole lot redder than it appears to be on camera too. there's scars, comedones, red bumps, the occasional pimple, bumps in general. you name it and it'll show up on my cheek some point in time
- my left cheek: a bit tamer, but still some redness and bumps and comedones.
- my nose: one word -blackheads
- my chin: for now there's not much except the aftermath of a badly dealt with pimple
overall the texture is terrible and so is the skintone ><
For the regime, here's what I am working with. Gimme your suggestions please. I would prefer more natural, non-comedogenic products but I'm open to anything at this point.
-And do you recommend washing your face twice, day and night, no matter what? I stopped washing in the morning cause my skin wasn't particularly oily in the morning but perhaps that was a mistake.
-I tried argan oil for a while, but it wasn't enough in the winter. I have since switched back to my aveeno.
-How often would you guys suggest? And I tend to avoid exfoliating when I have pimples that come to head, for fear that I exfoliate the head off and it becomes clogged. Just exfoliate anyway?
-I'm thinking about adding a honey/lemon mask to my routine. Honey to bring the comedones to head and lemon for the scarring?
-Should I consider munaka honey? (where can I get it?)
-Every other day?
-After they come to head I usually dab with an ointment I got from my derm that I'm assuming dries? I'll dig up the name when I get a chance.
-Would it be better to just let them be after they come to head?
So that's that I guess. Please do suggest any other brands/products than the ones I have listed.
Sorry it's an incredible wall of text. Hope at least someone reads it to the end...
Thank you for your time ^^!