Trentinoin Gel .1% Ruining My Face?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ahowe07

Ahowe07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I've always had acne, manageable acne,and have been able to keep my skin clear for many years. I've been using the trentinoin gel for 2-3 months with absolutely NO improvement. I get 2-3 dark, unpoppable pimples a day. They take forever to heal and stay dark, non have faded yet. Is it possibly this just isn't for me? I'm having a feeling no improvement is going to happen.
I'm 25 face was clear prior to use.
image.jpg

Edited by Ahowe07, 17 March 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#2 dumdedum

dumdedum

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

If its not working after 3 months and your spots seem to be worse to what they were before visit your derm have a chat because it may not be likely its unfair on you and you've tried it for so long 

I think you've waited long enough to see if it will work so they should be understanding 

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I agree with the above poster.  If you're within the 3-4 month range and still breaking out then its probably best to move on.  retinoids unfortunately keep pores clear but DO NOT kill bacteria - bp is the thing for that so you may want to talk to your do about adding it into your AM regimen if your face can handle it

Good Luck

I definitely know how frustrating this process can be

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users