Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is This Bs?

6 posts in this topic

Some of it is. A lot of us can't get clear just by behaving like underdeveloped civilizations. It's like we are too damaged in some way to fix our skin just by living healthy.

How I Stay Clear:

• Accutane 5mg/day
  • Probiotics 25 billion organisms/day
  • Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 2x/day

Low Dose Accutane Log

So basically only thing we can do for acne is accutane.. Which I am doing atm

Yeah, it's BS. This part especially stood out for me:

"If your skin is not improving, then my first guess is you are not adhering strictly enough to your diet and skin care. After all, millions of people living in Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, rural Africa and Asia who eat a plant-based diet are acne-free throughout their lives – so why can’t you also be acne-free, if you behave like they do?"

^^Seriously, this is the exact BULLSHIT that gave me an eating disorder. The idea that if you are strict enough, you will pass a point where you will get clear skin. Guess what, that doesn't work for a lot of people. We can't be acne free by behaving like them because we have completely different genetics and live in a totally different culture with MANY environmental and lifestyle factors that go beyond diet and skin care.

Perpetuating the idea that you will always be able to get rid of acne by being more strict on yourself causes an extreme amount of harm. I will fight against this idea until death after the way it destroyed my mind and life.

1 person likes this

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

So basically only thing we can do for acne is accutane.. Which I am doing atm

How I Stay Clear:

• Accutane 5mg/day
  • Probiotics 25 billion organisms/day
  • Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 2x/day

Low Dose Accutane Log

Yeah, it's BS. This part especially stood out for me:

"If your skin is not improving, then my first guess is you are not adhering strictly enough to your diet and skin care. After all, millions of people living in Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, rural Africa and Asia who eat a plant-based diet are acne-free throughout their lives so why cant you also be acne-free, if you behave like they do?"

^^Seriously, this is the exact BULLSHIT that gave me an eating disorder. The idea that if you are strict enough, you will pass a point where you will get clear skin. Guess what, that doesn't work for a lot of people. We can't be acne free by behaving like them because we have completely different genetics and live in a totally different culture with MANY environmental and lifestyle factors that go beyond diet and skin care.

Perpetuating the idea that you will always be able to get rid of acne by being more strict on yourself causes an extreme amount of harm. I will fight against this idea until death after the way it destroyed my mind and life.

1 person likes this

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!