Photo

Admins: Why On Earth Get Rid Of Oily Skin Forum?!?!?!?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

But the problem with mixing forums together and making more people see threads is it makes it harder for people to find threads they actually want to read.

Good point, and personally, I didn't have a problem with the old layout, I found it easy to navigate and go straight to the (sub)forum addressing a specific issue. But apparently, many members did have a problem with it, considering the fact that they kept posting in the "wrong" forums. So I do understand why Admin decided to merge some forums to make things easier, not for the moderators, but for our members. I guess there will always be people who are unhappy with the fact that "their" forum got merged, you'll never please everybody. And the oily skin forum, as well as the acne research forum weren't that active, not to mention that especially the acne research forum was more often than not used for speculation instead of research. And the oily skin forum was sort of a record on repeat with little new input. So I understand why Admin decided to merge them with the general acne forum. But -as you've pointed out- after some discussion, some forums are back now. I've moved about 18 pages of topics from the general acne forum to the oily skin forum. If you guys find topics that you think should be moved there as well, please feel free to PM a mod about it (warning: if you PM AyeAye, you have to throw in a cookie as well wink.png).

#22 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

But the problem with mixing forums together and making more people see threads is it makes it harder for people to find threads they actually want to read.

Good point, and personally, I didn't have a problem with the old layout, I found it easy to navigate and go straight to the (sub)forum addressing a specific issue. But apparently, many members did have a problem with it, considering the fact that they kept posting in the "wrong" forums. So I do understand why Admin decided to merge some forums to make things easier, not for the moderators, but for our members. I guess there will always be people who are unhappy with the fact that "their" forum got merged, you'll never please everybody. And the oily skin forum, as well as the acne research forum weren't that active, not to mention that especially the acne research forum was more often than not used for speculation instead of research. And the oily skin forum was sort of a record on repeat with little new input. So I understand why Admin decided to merge them with the general acne forum. But -as you've pointed out- after some discussion, some forums are back now. I've moved about 18 pages of topics from the general acne forum to the oily skin forum. If you guys find topics that you think should be moved there as well, please feel free to PM a mod about it (warning: if you PM AyeAye, you have to throw in a cookie as well wink.png).

Just one cookie?   Bahahah, let me tell you that it's going to take more than one cookie! ;)

#23 real maverick

real maverick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Oily skin forum is back.

#24 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

And in doing all of this you have significantly reduced probably the single most effective part of this website, its Specificity. Instead of small, individualized forums you are simply creating mega-forums in which there is such a broad range of topics nothing gets accomplished, and posts are answered poorly due to the vast number of people with different skin types trying to answer the same question.

This is what has happened to the acne scar forum. Could you please separate hyperpigmentation and indented scarring into separate subforums again? They don't work together, as many acne sufferers refer to their hyperpigmentation as "scarring" and no one currently has a clue now whether a new thread asking for advice for scarring is about hyperpigmentation or actual indented scarring. Also, it's very hard for us who used to frequent the scar forum to keep up with what's going on. We have our own community and try to follow each others' progress and treatments, and now with this huge onslaught of hyperpigmentation posts (also inaccurately called "acne scars"), it is very hard for us to find actual scar posts, and many have simply stopped posting. You seriously need to change the scar forums back to how they were - hyperpigmentation and acne scarring as separate forums. Thank you.

Oily skin forum is back.

Great that you're responding to feedback. smile.png I hope you do the same with the scar forum. Thanks for your work.

Edited by austra, 19 April 2013 - 07:00 AM.