Altering The Regimen

6 replies to this topic

#1 ThatOneDude77

ThatOneDude77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I've been on the Regimen for a week and WOW I must say this is the most progress I've seen EVER. I had mild to severe acne, mainly cheeks, chin, and just a few under my jawbone by the ears. After just one week my right cheeck is completely smooth, no cycstic acne what so ever. Left side was a little worse but is catching up to the right.

One thing I have noticed is if I follow the routine as instucted a.k.a twice a day, my face gets irratated and starts burning a little bit. At first it wasn't a lot but after about 3 days the mouistorizer KILLS! In the video it said irritation = acne so how could this be helping? It's caused me to break out intensely in spots that have never had acne before.

I'm now doing the regimen once a day. Shower in the morning with cleanser. BP normally 15 minutes to a couple hours after. Moustorize once I see flakiness. It is acually working more effectively than the twice a day. Do you guys see any potential issues with doing it this way?

#2 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I've been on the Regimen for a week and WOW I must say this is the most progress I've seen EVER. I had mild to severe acne, mainly cheeks, chin, and just a few under my jawbone by the ears. After just one week my right cheeck is completely smooth, no cycstic acne what so ever. Left side was a little worse but is catching up to the right.

One thing I have noticed is if I follow the routine as instucted a.k.a twice a day, my face gets irratated and starts burning a little bit. At first it wasn't a lot but after about 3 days the mouistorizer KILLS! In the video it said irritation = acne so how could this be helping? It's caused me to break out intensely in spots that have never had acne before.

I'm now doing the regimen once a day. Shower in the morning with cleanser. BP normally 15 minutes to a couple hours after. Moustorize once I see flakiness. It is acually working more effectively than the twice a day. Do you guys see any potential issues with doing it this way?

Noooo! Go back to doing it twice a day. The first few weeks are the hardest, with all the burning and redness and itching, but doing the regimen exactly to as Dan has said it works best. You might not end up seeing the results you want because you only do it once a day.

The best thing would be to get clear doing the regimen twice a day and once you have stayed clear for a few months, try cutting back slowly.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Its true what nicmic says with applying twice a day will give the best results, but many people find building up slowly to be more effective.  So if you're only applying once per day, aim to increase this to twice a day next week (but with a smaller amount of BP) and keep increasing until you're using the full dose twice a day.  Redness and dryness are unfortunately an almost unavoidable side effect but it does go after a couple of months.  The first 1-3 months are the hardest but if you accept that you will see great results in the end.

Glad you're already having success, but don't be disappointed in the second week if you have a bad break out.  Happened to me and many many others.  Good luck!

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#4 ThatOneDude77

ThatOneDude77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

It's not the redness or the dryness I'm worried about. I understand that my face is just taking time to adjust to all this. What I'm concerned about is the fact that I'm getting whiteheads the are effing huge in area that I've never had acne before.

#5 buildingbeautiful

buildingbeautiful

Hey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:Literature/Coffee/My Cat

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

It's not the redness or the dryness I'm worried about. I understand that my face is just taking time to adjust to all this. What I'm concerned about is the fact that I'm getting whiteheads the are effing huge in area that I've never had acne before.

That's perfectly normal; your skin is purging right now. You've only been on DKR for a week, it will sort itself out! Trust me.

My Regimen!

-Morning:
Yes-to-Cucumbers/Yes-to-Grapefruit wipes [1], 

Wash face with DKR cleanser [1 pump], 

L'oreal Toner [1 Cotton Round], 

Wait 10 minutes, apply BP [1 1/2 pump]
After BP dries, apply AHA+ [Index finger length], 

Apply DKR moisturizer[2 pumps],

(Every two days) Exfoliate with St. Ives Apricot Scrub

-Afternoon:
Dot any existing blemishes with BP/AHA

-Night:

Yes-to-Cucumbers/ Yes-to-Grapefruit wipes [1], 

Wash face with DKR cleanser [2 pumps], 

L'oreal Toner [1 Cotton Round], 

Wait 10 minutes, apply BP [3 pumps]

-Extra Treatment:
Clinique Eye Treatment, 

Clinique Repairwear Serum, 

Principal Secret Anti-Aging Lotion, 

Freeman Chocolate & Strawberry Mask 

Status as of March 2013: No active pimples, few healing.

A glass can only spill what it contains.

#6 ThatOneDude77

ThatOneDude77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Today marks the 3rd week of using DKR and it feels good to say I'm acne FREE already! Went from out of control acne to not a single zit in exactly 3 weeks. I'm a stubborn ass and still don't do the regimen twice a day if my face is already red from the morning. I still use the cleanser though everytime I shower. Now that the acne is gone and my face has adjusted to the treatment a tad bit I WILL be doing it twice a day. I just hate all these red marks and dark spots. As far as I can see I only really have one or two scars as far dips in my skin but a bunch of little red spots and dark spots. So it still looks like I have acne under really bright lighting :/ It just feels SO weird being able to run my fingers over my own face and not hit bumps. DKR is the shit. I actually have the confidence to look people in the eye knowing they're not staring at my zits

Not only has it cleared me up but regardless of what people say about diet playing/not playing a role in acne, I 100% believe it does. Recent studies have shown and proven that the iodine in milk can cause acne. Well I'm at college on a meal plan and used to drink 1 to 2 160z cups of chocolate milk with EVERY meal at the dining hall. It hurt a lot to give up milk but straight up, I don't break out anymore. I don't wake up in the morning worried about finding new overnight zits. So yeah screw dairy

#7 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

Congrats with your success of the regimen. Stick to it by the letter and you maintain beautiful, clear skin!

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users