Photo

Please Help Me Properly Treat My Acne-- Clogged Pores From Makeup

acne foundation pores clogged comedones allover makeup dark marks acne scares pimples

9 replies to this topic

#1 alisamisssays

alisamisssays

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

My acne is not very noticeable indoors, but in sunlight everything is visible.My entire face is basically covered.  I've had this type of acne for years now. At least 3 years. Some of my small pimples get big enough to squeeze and white stuff comes out, so I'm assuming that my acne is tons of whiteheads.

I went to the dermatologist and he gave me pills( deoxyclicline) and Bezaclin and that worked great for my large pimples. I asked him about this acne I have now and he said, "Ohh, those are just closed comedones..." and did nothing about it. 
Honestly, I believe it comes from my makeup, and I have dark skin that takes forever for acne marks to heal. My skin tone has dark marks basically all over my cheeks---very very noticeable. I'd rather wear foundation/concealer to even out my skin tone.

Please recommend me makeup that will not give me these. Also something that can take these away. 

I also cleanse with the body shop's tea tree system (cleanse, tone, moisturize) 

I use BP that helps a lot reduce the size of my countless pimples, but really doesn't take them away. (maybe because I wear makeup everyday)

For the past two days, I've been massaging my face with olive oil, and it's made my skin softer, that's it.

I noticed that the ingredient in most blushes/powder Bismuth Oxycholoride gives me these same pimples. 

So what is it in foundations that is causing my pimples?

I used revlon colorstay foundation, revlon naked foundation(was the worst)

Makeup forever HD foundation, loreal true match concealor and all of which gave me these pimples. 

Recently bought Clinique even better foundation and concealor, but are too dewy for my oily mess. 

Thank you for your input

Attached Files

#2 FashionMoney

FashionMoney

Go Syracuse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Basketball Fashion Money

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

You have make up in that picture don't you? & it is breaking you out. Don't wear foundation just wear minerals. I'm a guy and I wear bare minerals sometimes lol usually if I go out to somewhere very public.

#3 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

The ingredient in foundations that might be breaking you out is Dimethicone. Most foundations have it. Or you could be sensitive to silicone. I get those little bumps from mineral foundations too unfortunately, even ones that only contain 2-3 ingredients, so it might just be clogged pores from makeup rather than a reaction to a specific ingredient.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#4 violletrey

violletrey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Your problem is just like mine before. Now I alredy get smoother skin. Try these products. More info just click www.julirey.jeunesseglobal.com

#5 a.p.

a.p.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

The trick to treating acne like this is to use sulfur acne topicals and an salycilic/mandelic acid toner or lotion.

I can recommend a drugstore sulfur topical that works great. It's De la Cruz 10% sulfur acne treatment. It can be found and target,Walmart and Walgreens that I know of. You can also buy it on the Internet. Sulfur kills bacteria and those little closed comedones are filled with it.

You also need to deep clean the pores with salicylic acid. This helps with the dead skin and oil clogged pores. It dissolves the oil and pushes the gunk and bacteria to the surface of the pore. Once all that's at the surface the sulfur will kill the bacteria and dry up the pimple.

I use a 3% salicylic lotion and a mandelic acid toner along with a 10% sulfur treatment to manage my closed comedones and acne.

You can continue to use your bp and add a salicylic treatment if you'd like to skip on the sulfur. I think the sulfur works better though because it also exfoliates the top layer of skin.

Edited by a.p., 15 March 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#6 winmardin

winmardin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Hi! I don't wear make-up but my dematologist gave me a sunblock foundation, Heliocare SPF50 matt finish and doesn't breakout for me. I think before you buy any products on your face always look for non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. You can use a foundation that has a matt finish if you have an oily skin. You can try also a product that has salicylic acid. It works for me because it eliminates some some of my whiteheads.

#7 argentanya

argentanya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

You may want to try Jason's Naturals Dandruff Shampoo - it has salicylic acid, sulphur, rosemary, olive and jojoba oils. I'm using it on my skin, and it's clearing me right up.

#8 cmarie

cmarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

I know this is old but could you please reply and tell me how u got rid of these???? Plllleasssseee!

#9 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

What a.p. said above was a great answer.  The other answers not so much (1. shampoo doesn't go on your face 2. matte foundations break you out more than light ones.) 

"Just closed comodones" turn into just pimples if they aren't exfoliated and cleaned out. 

Tea tree was probably not strong enough for the above poster.  

Proactive Deep wash followed by Repairing Lotion,  under a lightweight foundation, using the Sulfur Mask daily until clear then as a spot treatment, and a light glycolic peel 2x weekly would knock out those little buggers.

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang)  both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers. 
  •  20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
  • Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee,  dairy, gluten or alcohol
  • Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate. 
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.

#10 Sm42

Sm42

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

I have the same issue - closed comedones all over my face. I have tried retin A to no avail. I'm going to order witch hazel to use as a toner, and get bentonite clay and Apple cider vinegar to make a mask. I've heard these things have really helped comedonal acne. This is the last thing I think am going to try before returning to the dermatologist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users