68 replies to this topic

#21 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Day 21:
No new cysts.  Four small zits popped up, and one old cyst is flared back up.  Might have been the raw milk, might have been the poor sleep, might have been something else, but I am out of raw milk to test further.

Yesterday's food:
-raw milk with cocoa powder (not the heavily processed stuff with a bunch of additives and such)
-peppermint tea
-pear
-gluten free pasta with a bunch of veggies in it.  Tomato and wine sauce.
-carrot
-one tomato
-two marshmallows

-Dark chocolate almond milk
-Some other stuff I'm forgetting.  I'm going to start updating current food because I can't always remember what I ate by the next day.  X)

Today's food:

-Carrot

-Tomatoes

-Strawberries

-Gluten free pasta with veggie/tomato/wine sauce

-French fries and ketchup

-Peppermint tea

-Indian eggplant dish with brown rice

-A pumpkin chocolate chip cookie 

-Handful of flax seeds 

Crap sleep last night.  Didn't fall asleep til after 5:30am.  Probably got about 5 hours.  Insomnia is another one of my re-occurring health problems that all seems tied together.  Have had issues with insomnia even as a young child.  Perniosis is another one that I forgot to mention has been flared up this last week.  I spent two nights having my feet and hands bitten by some sort of bug (my best guess is a kissing bug based on the location and pain level of the bites, and the fact that the two night bite fest was curbed by simply washing the bed sheets), which may have triggered the perniosis flare up up in my toes.  I have actually not had perniosis issues for about a year.  Wearing natural fiber (cotton/wool/etc) socks has largely curbed it.  Doctors say pernionsis should flare up in the cold, but the worst I have had it was running around in 100 degree Nevada heat for cross country in high school.  Synthetic socks get it flared up like nothing else.  I suspect allergic reactions play a larger role in it than medically acknowledged.  

#22 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Day 21:

No new cysts.  :)  Two more tiny zits.  Same old cyst keeps trying to get re-inflamed.  I think I shall call him, "the cat", as in "the cat came back the very next day".  All my other old cysts are behaving beautifully.  Some I think may be gone completely.

Food today:

-strawberries

-delicious eggplant, chic pea, and brown rice Indian dish

-waaay more pumpkin chocolate chip cookies than I should have had

-tacos (beef, beans, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, cactus)

-a carrot

Went to bed fairly early for me (2am), and slept deeply.  Feeling very positive these last few days.

#23 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Day 22: My jaw is squelchy today. :( Had a really itchy not-quite-nodule pop up last night and skin is a bit itchy in general, but all else is quiet on the western front. No new cysts. Three days ago, I started drinking from only glass and ceramic cups. Trying to limit plastic exposure.

Food:
-strawberries
-carrot
-tomato
-two eggs scrambled with red pepper, cinnamon, and flax seeds
-pear
-two gluten free pumpkin cookies
-gluten free pasta and beef spaghetti sauce
-glass of goat milk with honey and cocoa powder...obviously breaking the dairy thing again

Found out laptop clock was wrong, so haven't been getting quite as much sleep as I thought. Still, okay-ish sleep last night. Feeling a bit achey and down today despite being productive and enjoying the sun/a run/etc.

#24 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

Edit: jaw has stopped squelching at half past midnight. Need to see what is inflaming or bringing down inflammation in tendon.

#25 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Day 21:

Will have to update twice today as I missed last night's update.  No new cysts.  Skin looks amazing today, and looked great yesterday too.  old cysts are either flat or going away, and redness has left my face completely.  Itchy might-be-trying-to-be-a-cyst thing is still there and itchy, but remains very flat and small.  

I may have found one trigger for my jaw tendon swelling and thus making gross squelching noises.  Since my jaw tendons have been un-swollen here lately, any time (the right side..the worst side of the two) starting squelching again became noticeable.  I looked back over my food logs, and the only dietary similarity was cocoa powder.  I woke up yesterday and it was not squelching, I ate a breakfast of cocoa powder dusted rice cereal with coconut milk, and it later squelched for about three hours.  I tested my theory further by eating a small chocolate bar and drinking a small thing of chocolate almond milk after the squelching had resided.  Sure enough, my jaw later started squelching again, and is now back to being free of tendinitis sounds.  Pretty big deal for me to maybe have a lead on that.  My TMJ is at the level that I can not eat an apple off the core, and my jaw will occasionally stick open.  Anything that helps or hurts that further is a huge step to uncover.  I am not totally convinced that it is cocoa yet, and will keep monitoring and checking.  It already is a huge deal to have bouts of no tendinitis after having it continuously for years!!  

Yesterday's food:

-Cocoa rice cereal with coconut milk

-pear

-salsa and corn chips

-two taro root mochi balls

-huge salad...I am really finding that something in these...maybe the greens...helps my skin look healthy the next day (water cress, three types of lettuce, spinach, green bell pepper, orange bell pepper, shitake mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette, and flax seed sprinkled on top)  

-gluten free biscuits, one with the salad with blackberry jam, one with honey and strawberries on top for desert

#26 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Why chocolate, why?  :(  You are so very tasty.

#27 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

Today's food:
-strawberries, brown rice cereal, mix of goat and coconut milk
-pear
-coconut mint ice cream
-salsa and corn chips
-probably gluten coated Chinese food.

I will be shocked if I don't wake up to cysts. Up all night last two nights and eating crap while I try to put og ether some portfolio stuff for jobs. Bleh.

#28 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I really cleared up, and made the classic mistake of taking a bit of a break.  I ate some gluten, chocolate, and walnuts over several days, and broke out.  No cysts, but breakouts started to get more painful/inflamed/and heading that way.  Pretty impressed I didn't get any actual cysts.  Can pretty much guarantee my acne is either 1. diet related 2. due to cycling hormones, and diet is looking more and more likely.  

Restarting the count, but changing diet to no gluten/limited dairy:

Day 1: 

-gluten free cereal in coconut milk

-banana

-tomatoes

-Chicken korma, brown rice, and green beans.

Face is broken out in small but painful pimples.

#29 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Day 2:
Face is still broken out in small pimples, no changes.

Today's food:
-Gluten free cereal with coconut milk
-tomatoes
-banana
-flax seed
-crap ton of delicious prawns and onions cooked Cajun style
-small ear of corn and two hush puppies...I thought they were made of iron only, but found out they have flour in them
-icecream
-peppermint tea

Thought the hush puppies were made of CORN only...stupid pellcheck.

#30 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Day 3:
Face seems less painful/red today.  All pimples are still present and accounted for, but no new zits of any kind, and no cysts.

Today's food:
-cucumber/tomato/mint/cilantro/onion salad
-Sticky rice and peanut sauce (need to cut back on the peanuts until I clear up again as they may contribute to the small zits)
-2 taro root mochi balls

-mint tea

-2 hardboiled eggs
-huge ass salad with about 50 different veggies and flax seed
-coconut milk icecream

#31 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Edit: forgot to mention that my jaw squelching came back full-force and constant after my little gluten/chocolate/commecial dairy feast. Hope it doesn't take long to clear up again. Forgot how much less pain I've been having, and hate that it is back. Ow dammit.

#32 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Day 4:
No cysts, but no change. Definitely don't hate s little crap as much as cysts, but eager or them to pack up and leave.

Today's food:
-gluten free dutch baby with lemon juice, honey, and raspberries
-tomatoes
-tacos with avocado
-strawberries

#33 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Day5:

Grr, folliculitus and a blood-in-urine UTI BAM out of nowhere. X( Explains why I have been feeling very tired and not terribly hungry last few days. On the plus side....no cysts. Jaw is not squelching at all today.
Today's food:
-gluten free dutch baby with the works
-strawberries
-pear
-tomato
-baked beans and hot dogs with onions and dill pickle relish

#34 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Day6:

Itchy folliculitis everwhere, and lovely UTI. Definitely do not find their simultaneous emergence to be coincidental. Running a fever and the UTI has just exhausted me, so didnt get to make the big salad I had wanted to for dinner or gluten free strawberry shortcake for dessert. Hey, no new cysts. X) One of my old cysts has flared back up.

-gluten free cereal with coconut milk
-hard boiled egg
-tomato
-pear
-gluten free pepperoni
-baked beans and hot dogs
-brocoli
-peppermint tea
-carrots

#35 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Day 7:
UTI seems to be clearing up. Folliculitis isn't getting worse...just kind of plateau-ing. Started doing tumeric/magnesium face mask today to see if that will do anything like some claim it will. Started using my mandelic serum again too as I found out that helps with folliculitis (may have been keeping it at bay...then I stopped using it because I was so clear. D'oh). No new cysts still, which is the longest time I have ever gone without getting a cyst since I started getting them back in college. Curious as to why the old cysts are sticking around for so very long (they go down, then flare back up) though since going off Yaz. Jaw was not squelching this morning, but started squelching come night time. Not sure if it is just recovering from my gluten/dairy/etc. binge, or if it is being triggered by certain foods/whatever triggers it.

Today's food:
-pear
-rice cereal with strawberries and hemp milk
-egg
-banana
-lettuce and tomato salad
-tuna steaks in honey and lemon juice with mangos and guavas
-gluten free hush puppies with green peppers, onions, and celery in them. Not bad, but definitely could have used some butter or bacon grease for flavor.

#36 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Day 9: my power was out for day 8. Folliculitis is much the same. No new cysts at least. Jaw is not squelching today.

Today's food:
-canteloupe
- rice cereal, strawberries, hemp milk
-pear
-beans and hot dogs
-beef pho and shrimp rice rolls

#37 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Day 10:
No change in folliculitis, no new cysts. Started the process of making homemade raw sauerkraut for probiotic awesomeness which will either turn out delicious or as a moldy disaster. We shall see.

Today's food:
-banana
-gluten free cereal with hemp milk
-strawberries
-leftover pho
-goat kefir
-avocado, mozzarella, tomato, basil salad
-cabbage and apple scraps from sauerkraut making

#38 The Hornet

The Hornet

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hi BumpInTheNight, interesting blog, I tried a similar thing! I cut out all dairy products and processed food, skin is better than previous to my diet,although I only had mid acne. I struggled the most keeping away from dairy at pudding, but I soon found a solution - Nakd Bars, so tasty and are gluten free! Keep up with thre blog, I'm finding it an interesting read!

#39 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

So glad it worked for you Hornet, with the aid of Nakd bars!

Day 11: folliculitis decided to stage an uprising. Casualties everywhere! Chin is a bloody battlefield. Jaw tendon is a bit squelchy too today. On the plus side, still no new cysts. On the downside, infected face follicules really aren't my idea of a good time.

Today's food:
-banana
-orange
-mango
-tuna fish with celery and almonds
-canteloupe
-strawberries
-BBQ turkey with green beans

Follicles dammit. Oh, also watched a cheesy 70s short that cheerfully reminded me that acne will only be a blight for one year of my teenage days. Well gee, that's a huge relief to know (said the gal going on thirty).

#40 bumpinthenight

bumpinthenight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Day 12: ugh, the first time I tried this, I got so clear. Now I am a plague rat. Jaw is squelchy, painful/itchy/large pimply folliculitis everywhere, and now sick with flu-type symptoms. Buuuut....no new cysts. Yay?

Today's food:
-canteloupe
-tuna salad
-cherry kombucha
-grits
-pepperoni (boar's head, not Domo's or anything)
-peppermint tea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users