Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoveGreenSmoothies

New Board Suggestion

8 posts in this topic

Can we get a board for anti aging and skin care? I think it would be great.

1 person likes this

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

A lot of people who have acne also are older and want to learn about things to look younger. You're right, its not about acne but it's about skin?

I think a lot of people would be into it.

Also we have a shaving and cosmetics board.

1 person likes this

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

I'd be interested in it because I'd want to find 'anti-ageing' products that are ok to use while still dealing with acne - as well as learning more about it all

1 person likes this

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

I would definitely be interested...being almost 33 years old and still dealing with acne, I'm also looking into anti-aging skincare that won't aggravate my acne-prone skin. Great idea!

1 person likes this

I think they are trying to keep the number of subsection forums down, but if you use the new super search it should help you find a whole heap of threads to do with anti-aging.

My biggest tip (as a 41 year old) is to restrict your exposure to the sun. Thats the best anti-aging method known. I look at people's skin from colder climate countries (who do not use sun beds) and I'm just in awe of how beautiful their skin is. Even though I'm often told I look younger than 40 and have very few wrinkles, I still have a lot of sun damage from living in a hotter climate country (Australia). Baah!

1 person likes this

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

I totally agree about restricting sun exposure. I am very fair skinned and I have always been diligent about avoiding the sun, and I know it has been key :)

I think they are trying to keep the number of subsection forums down, but if you use the new super search it should help you find a whole heap of threads to do with anti-aging.

My biggest tip (as a 41 year old) is to restrict your exposure to the sun. Thats the best anti-aging method known. I look at people's skin from colder climate countries (who do not use sun beds) and I'm just in awe of how beautiful their skin is. Even though I'm often told I look younger than 40 and have very few wrinkles, I still have a lot of sun damage from living in a hotter climate country (Australia). Baah!

The search function doesn't always work well for this. I'd like to be able to have a forum to be able to find and post stuff resulted to skin care for aging.

A lot of people come here for reviews etc even though they don't have acne. I think it would draw a lot of users here.

I know about the sun but thanks!