Photo

New Board Suggestion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Can we get a board for anti aging and skin care? I think it would be great.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#2 real maverick

real maverick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hey, thanks for your suggestion. My initial thought, is that it's not directly relating to acne? Please discuss guys.

#3 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

A lot of people who have acne also are older and want to learn about things to look younger. You're right, its not about acne but it's about skin?

I think a lot of people would be into it.

Also we have a shaving and cosmetics board.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#4 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

I'd be interested in it because I'd want to find 'anti-ageing' products that are ok to use while still dealing with acne - as well as learning more about it all

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#5 RJT623

RJT623

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

I would definitely be interested...being almost 33 years old and still dealing with acne, I'm also looking into anti-aging skincare that won't aggravate my acne-prone skin.  Great idea!

#6 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

I think they are trying to keep the number of subsection forums down, but if you use the new super search it should help you find a whole heap of threads to do with anti-aging.

My biggest tip (as a 41 year old) is to restrict your exposure to the sun.  Thats the best anti-aging method known.   I look at people's skin from colder climate countries (who do not use sun beds) and I'm just in awe of how beautiful their skin is.  Even though I'm often told I look younger than 40 and have very few wrinkles, I still have a lot of sun damage from living in a hotter climate country (Australia).  Baah!

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#7 RJT623

RJT623

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

I totally agree about restricting sun exposure.  I am very fair skinned and I have always been diligent about avoiding the sun, and I know it has been key :)

#8 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

I think they are trying to keep the number of subsection forums down, but if you use the new super search it should help you find a whole heap of threads to do with anti-aging.

My biggest tip (as a 41 year old) is to restrict your exposure to the sun.  Thats the best anti-aging method known.   I look at people's skin from colder climate countries (who do not use sun beds) and I'm just in awe of how beautiful their skin is.  Even though I'm often told I look younger than 40 and have very few wrinkles, I still have a lot of sun damage from living in a hotter climate country (Australia).  Baah!

The search function doesn't always work well for this. I'd like to be able to have a forum to be able to find and post stuff resulted to skin care for aging.

A lot of people come here for reviews etc even though they don't have acne. I think it would draw a lot of users here.

I know about the sun but thanks!