2 replies to this topic

#1 iliketeaandc

iliketeaandc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hi guys,

I started the regimen 12 days ago, for the first 10 days my skin cleared progressively and nearly all my acne was gone aside a few small whiteheads, and my skin was not that dry, not unbearably so. I was using moisturizer mixed with jojoba oil after applying the benzoyl peroxide. For the first 6 days i only applied benzoyl peroxide once a day and then i upped it to twice a day.

Anyways to the point, I went out on friday night and did the regimen when i got in, however I was quite drunk and forgot to apply any moisturizer afterwards. The next day my face was a lot redder than usual, i continued the regimen that day, morning and night and when i woke up the next day my skin was bright red and very swollen, my forehead and around my eyes were swollen.

So my question is, am I allergic to benzoyl peroxide (i really hope not) or was it to do with not moisturizing and perhaps upping the dose too quicky, I have been slathering a lot of bp on.

Thanks for the help

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

It's highly unlikely that you're allergic to BP as you have been comfortably applying it for nearly 2 weeks.  A red, and some swelling is a reaction some people have once upping the dose of BP (I know I did).

I would say that you have upped the dose of BP too quickly and recommend that you reduce it back a bit.  Try only one pump twice a day for a week, and then up the night time dose to 2 pumps the following week (while keeping your morning application to one pump) and then  2 pumps twice a day the following week after that.  If you're finding that your skin is still really red and swollen, don't increase the dose, just keep applying as is for a bit longer.

But the trick with the regimen to get clear is to get to the 2 pumps twice a day dose, so even if your face is red, try to keep increasing.  If its swollen, red and very sore then hold back for a while.

Good luck! :)

#3 ladymermaid

ladymermaid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

I've been on the regimen for over a year, and my skin in amazing now! However, when I first started, my face was an awful burning mess. The BP burned my face and I too thought I was allergic. My advice to you is to just power through it. It may take a few months, but your face will feel better and the redness WILL go away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users