Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acne Scars! Help!

3 posts in this topic

Hello so I have been on this journey to get clear skin for the last six painful months!!! It has truly been a roller coaster ride trying to find the correct medications that are good for my skin to help it stay clear! I have now been on tretinoin for 12 weeks and my skin has cleared up a bit from before, however I still get some breakouts but am hoping that with time this problem will subside. One of my top concerns now though is ACNE SCARS!!! They are a real pain. Even after my ugly inflamed acne has gone, I am left with these horrible scars all over my face! I was hoping the tretinoin would help this but dont know if I am really seeing much of a difference in them. Will tretinoin help them over time? And also does anyone have any suggestions of other ways I could get rid of them? My derm suggested chemical peels, but I dont have the money for that at the time.So if anyone has any other ideas pleaseeeee let me know! I am desperate to get rid of them! Thanks a lot to anyone who replies

Hello so I have been on this journey to get clear skin for the last six painful months!!! It has truly been a roller coaster ride trying to find the correct medications that are good for my skin to help it stay clear! I have now been on tretinoin for 12 weeks and my skin has cleared up a bit from before, however I still get some breakouts but am hoping that with time this problem will subside. One of my top concerns now though is ACNE SCARS!!! They are a real pain. Even after my ugly inflamed acne has gone, I am left with these horrible scars all over my face! I was hoping the tretinoin would help this but dont know if I am really seeing much of a difference in them. Will tretinoin help them over time? And also does anyone have any suggestions of other ways I could get rid of them? My derm suggested chemical peels, but I dont have the money for that at the time.So if anyone has any other ideas pleaseeeee let me know! I am desperate to get rid of them! Thanks a lot to anyone who replies

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Lotion/Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20

The Balm Sexy Mama Translucent Power

Smashbox Photoset Pressed Power in Light
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fuide in Cashew

- Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)

- Eyecream: Clinique All About Eyes
- Medication: Diane 35
Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. ---

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. ---

This is my two year update on The Regimen and the products I have used ---

Thanks for the response. Yea I guess I will keep at the tretinoin and hopefully it wil get better over time