68 replies to this topic

#61 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

i think you look great! thanks for sharing and i am so glad it all worked out well for you!

#62 polecat

polecat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thank you, tracy521 😊

During my last checkup my Dr said he will use a vascular laser to help with any remaining redness. He also gave me some samples of a tretinoin gel-Atralin 0.05%. I told him I'd like to see what this does before we do anything else. It is about time for my next follow up appt so I'm going to find out the name of this laser and do some research......
He also said we could try some TCA peels for a few of the scars, but I want to take things more s l o w l y......
I'll keep you updated!

#63 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

I think you look great and agree about taking it slowly. You don't seem to have many issues with your skin anymore so there is no rush. I am dealing with what looks like a raised line 4 weeks after my subcision. It's comprised of several lumps but really just looks like raised scarring. It looks bad and I'm hoping it will flatten out with time like yours did. Did you experience any lumpiness beyond the area treated? The bruising spread beyond the scar and now there is lumpiness there too in what was normal skin :(

#64 polecat

polecat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Don't worry. I feel confident your lumps will go away as well, it's just going to take time. Don't let this get you down!
I had bruising all over my cheeks, not just near the incision points. You have me thinking...I think the lumps were not directly under my depressed scars either but were where my skin was smooth-but I can't be 100%-Power of suggestion and all that. This was around the time that I stopped updating this post or taking notes and not looking at my face often because it was bringing me down.......

#65 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Yeah it's tough to know - even sometimes I think certain things are happening and the next minute I'm not so sure. Thanks for your reassurance and good luck with your future endeavors...keep us in the loop!

#66 polecat

polecat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I forgot to ask you Michi31, did you do the suction method at all?

#67 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

No I didn't as I was afraid of making things worse. In hindsight, I'm definitely glad I didn't because "filling in" was not the problem. Now I have a raised line scar which looks like something from an accident rather than acne scarring. I think if I had suctioned it would have made this even worse :(

#68 Texan90

Texan90

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

No I didn't as I was afraid of making things worse. In hindsight, I'm definitely glad I didn't because "filling in" was not the problem. Now I have a raised line scar which looks like something from an accident rather than acne scarring. I think if I had suctioned it would have made this even worse sad.png

Hi Michi,

Did subcision cause this raised line? Who performed the procedure? 

I might see Dr. Yang in NYC.

#69 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

No I didn't as I was afraid of making things worse. In hindsight, I'm definitely glad I didn't because "filling in" was not the problem. Now I have a raised line scar which looks like something from an accident rather than acne scarring. I think if I had suctioned it would have made this even worse sad.png

Hi Michi,

Did subcision cause this raised line? Who performed the procedure? 

I might see Dr. Yang in NYC.

I'll PM you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users