Photo

My Subcision

subcision acne scars rolling scars subcision suction

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#41 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Yeah you're right it is vague. Mine are below the corners of my mouth, but about halfway down between the corners of my mouth and the very bottom of my chin and extend in from the corner - in a diagonal. If that makes sense. I thought this entire area was less fatty than the cheeks, like you said, which is why it would be more difficult.

I have an appointment for June 21 - which is the earliest I can get time off from work. I have only found several experiences where people had subcision done to this area. 1 or 2 of them said it made it worse, a couple said it worked the least well in this area and a few said they had improvements. Is this a problem area for you as well?

Thank you so much for updating! I am curious because I have scars on either side of my chin too and I don't see many people that have this area treated. It is usually the cheeks. So please keep us posted! I don't think the fruit juice will harm you at all. I'm sure it has some good vitamins and the sugar isn't going to delay healing.

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? smile.png I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision. 

I have an appointment for June 21 - which is the earliest I can get time off from work. I have only found several experiences where people had subcision done to this area. 1 or 2 of them said it made it worse, a couple said it worked the least well in this area and a few said they had improvements. Is this a problem area for you as well?

&gt

;

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? smile.png I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision. 

Thank you so much for updating! I am curious because I have scars on either side of my chin too and I don't see many people that have this area treated. It is usually the cheeks. So please keep us posted! I don't think the fruit juice will harm you at all. I'm sure it has some good vitamins and the sugar isn't going to delay healing.

lockquote>

Well I think "on either side of the chin" is pretty vague. I have two very large and deep compound rolling scars under both of the corners of my mouth. I dont see why it would be any different from the cheek because it has just the same amount of fleshy tissue. Subcising these areas was not a problem at all for my doctor. Now, If I were discussing scars that are further down your face in areas where theyre is not as much fatty tissue, that may be a problem.

Based on my experience, this area responds just like any other area would on the face. Theyre is still enough fatty deposits theyre to provide room to work with. You should be absolutely fine. The areas that I think are hard to work with are closer to the jawbone and forehead/temples because theyre is less fat and tissue theyre to work with. I encourage you to seek out treatment from a good doctor. I used to worry about the subcision process alot, but now I see that its really a minor procedure and if youve suffered from acne for as long as i have, this trauma from the procedure is laughable in comparison to cystic acne.

How are you feeling/healing? Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I have been pretty busy. Hope you can get back to me soon. =)

#42 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Yeah you're right it is vague. Mine are below the corners of my mouth, but about halfway down between the corners of my mouth and the very bottom of my chin and extend in from the corner - in a diagonal. If that makes sense. I thought this entire area was less fatty than the cheeks, like you said, which is why it would be more difficult.

&am

p;gt

;

lockquote>

Well I think "on either side of the chin" is pretty vague. I have two very large and deep compound rolling scars under both of the corners of my mouth. I dont see why it would be any different from the cheek because it has just the same amount of fleshy tissue. Subcising these areas was not a problem at all for my doctor. Now, If I were discussing scars that are further down your face in areas where theyre is not as much fatty tissue, that may be a problem.

lockquote>

Based on my experience, this area responds just like any other area would on the face. Theyre is still enough fatty deposits theyre to provide room to work with. You should be absolutely fine. The areas that I think are hard to work with are closer to the jawbone and forehead/temples because theyre is less fat and tissue theyre to work with. I encourage you to seek out treatment from a good doctor. I used to worry about the subcision process alot, but now I see that its really a minor procedure and if youve suffered from acne for as long as i have, this trauma from the procedure is laughable in comparison to cystic acne.

How are you feeling/healing? Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I have been pretty busy. Hope you can get back to me soon.

Hey, well the sweeling seems to have completely subsided. I have a couple of small lumps that are invisible to the naked eye that I think are a good thing because hopefully they will develop collagen. I have some very minor bruising left on one side of my chin. If everything were to finalize today, ide say my improvement on the right side which was my deepest and worse scar would be at about, 65%. Which asthetically meanas the improvement is around 80%. The scar on my right side which had less lumpiness and swelling ide say evened out at a good 50% but its hard to tell because the area is still dark and can be mistaken for shadows. I know its not over till its over, but thats just speaking as if it were. Im still doing my best to stay as healthy as possible to maximise healing, which can be hard in mdoern times. A couple of things ive learned about subciscion...1. Lumps of any kind are generally a good thing, they provide support to the underlying structures of skin. 2. Stop consuming sugar because its bad for collagen development due to glycation (look it up). 3. Dont fret. Subcision is about as simple as it gets, and i even had a doctor use an 18 nokor needle. Its nothing to sweat about...................Ide love to know where you are located, maybe you can see the same doctor as me?

#43 jastkguy

jastkguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

I never heard of this. It sounds so painful. Does it help with redness to or just the scar?eusa_think.gif

#44 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

I never heard of this. It sounds so painful. Does it help with redness to or just the scar?eusa_think.gif

Its not very painful. It helps the scar not hyperpigmentation.

#45 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

So glad to hear how things are going - please keep updating! And thanks for the tip on sugar!

#46 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

How are you feeling/healing? What would you say your percentage of improvement is? Hope you are doing well

#47 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

How are you feeling/healing? What would you say your percentage of improvement is? Hope you are doing well

Hey, thanks for asking. Well. Things are deffinitely better. I had two compound scars on either side of my chin that were very deep and made me feel pretty self-conscious. One of the scars even had cortisone atrophy. One of the scars has some bumpiness and lumpiness that is not really noticeable to the naked eye, I expect this to fade over the next weeks/months. Ide say that scar has visually improved by 50-60%. Its deffinitely better. The other scar (that I suctioned) leveled out to a good 50%, keep in mind that this scar had no lumpiness whatsoever so I decided to vacuum this one. The thing with subcision is that its not a one and done thing. Its deffinitely a process that occurs over time. Im very grateful for the improvement that I have gotten but as you know with scarring, you always want more. Overall it has made me feel better about myself. I still feel a dull pain in one side when im talking alot but not a big deal at all. I hope the small bumps fade on theyre own and im sure they will. If I could go back in time I would deffinitely do it all over again.

#48 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

Hey, thanks for asking. Well. Things are deffinitely better. I had two compound scars on either side of my chin that were very deep and made me feel pretty self-conscious. One of the scars even had cortisone atrophy. One of the scars has some bumpiness and lumpiness that is not really noticeable to the naked eye, I expect this to fade over the next weeks/months. Ide say that scar has visually improved by 50-60%. Its deffinitely better. The other scar (that I suctioned) leveled out to a good 50%, keep in mind that this scar had no lumpiness whatsoever so I decided to vacuum this one. The thing with subcision is that its not a one and done thing. Its deffinitely a process that occurs over time. Im very grateful for the improvement that I have gotten but as you know with scarring, you always want more. Overall it has made me feel better about myself. I still feel a dull pain in one side when im talking alot but not a big deal at all. I hope the small bumps fade on theyre own and im sure they will. If I could go back in time I would deffinitely do it all over again.

Well I am really glad to hear you are doing well. That's a pretty great percentage for improvement. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. lol. I plan on having it done around 3 times, maybe more maybe less (doubt It). So do you think I should suction or not? I asked them when I went for my consult, and they didn't recommend it, but they weren't against it either. I have so many scars to deal with, they are not really deep, but they they bug me so bad. There is seriously so many. So I am only going to focus on areas that bug me the most. I am not getting my hopes up either, because nothing has really worked for me, (lasers, microdermabrasion, etc.) However, I really hope I see some kind of improvement.

#49 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hey I think that is a really great improvement. To get 50% from one treatment is really incredible and I will be absolutely thrilled if I get that much. Who is your doctor and where is he/she? Also how long would you say your bruising lasted for?

Edited by michi31, 15 May 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#50 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Well I am really glad to hear you are doing well. That's a pretty great percentage for improvement. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. lol. I plan on having it done around 3 times, maybe more maybe less (doubt It). So do you think I should suction or not? I asked them when I went for my consult, and they didn't recommend it, but they weren't against it either. I have so many scars to deal with, they are not really deep, but they they bug me so bad. There is seriously so many. So I am only going to focus on areas that bug me the most. I am not getting my hopes up either, because nothing has really worked for me, (lasers, microdermabrasion, etc.) However, I really hope I see some kind of improvement.

Hey I think that is a really great improvement. To get 50% from one treatment is really incredible and I will be absolutely thrilled if I get that much. Who is your doctor and where is he/she? Also how long would you say your bruising lasted for?

My bruising barely lasted at all. It wasnt even a problem maybe a few days. In regards to the suctioning, in my opinion if I was to do it all again. Heres what ide do. Last night I had a pretty great revelation. I have scars on either side of my chin, and they were tethered. They are right inside my smile lines. Some people recommend suctioning to prevent the scars from reattaching. What I found is that If I open my mouth as wide as it can go, and stretch as hard as I can that would keep the tethers from reataching. I did that last night after I realized it and I swear I noticed that the scar is maybe 5-6% better today on one side. I think the intense stretching from it bieng on a smile line would prevent the scar from reataching, if i could go back ide probbly do that sooner. As far as vacumming, I couldnt tell if it helps or not because this was my first time doing subcision. I think its a presonal judgement call. Ide say go ahead and get it done. If your scarring bothers you you should make the comitment to do something about it. Im not totally satisfied with my appearance yet, but I feel better knowing I am bieng pro-active about something that has caused me pain for a long time. Its deffinitely a journey with ups and downs. Mood swings etc. But I believe that anyone can achieve great results if they have some faith and creativity to solve this problem we all have.

#51 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

That's interesting because they say the more the bruising, the better the results. But you seemed to have good results without much bruising. Who is your doc?

#52 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Well I had my subcision yesterday. I still have the bandages on, I will be able to remove them tomorrow morning. I am praying that this helps improve my scars, but I don't have my hopes up. (sorry to sound so negative). I have been through hell with these scars. I'm not aiming for perfection, I am aiming for happiness. I don't need to have perfectly smooth skin to be happy, I just want to feel better & look better than I do now. 

My bruising barely lasted at all. It wasnt even a problem maybe a few days. In regards to the suctioning, in my opinion if I was to do it all again. Heres what ide do. Last night I had a pretty great revelation. I have scars on either side of my chin, and they were tethered. They are right inside my smile lines. Some people recommend suctioning to prevent the scars from reattaching. What I found is that If I open my mouth as wide as it can go, and stretch as hard as I can that would keep the tethers from reataching. I did that last night after I realized it and I swear I noticed that the scar is maybe 5-6% better today on one side. I think the intense stretching from it bieng on a smile line would prevent the scar from reataching, if i could go back ide probbly do that sooner. As far as vacumming, I couldnt tell if it helps or not because this was my first time doing subcision. I think its a presonal judgement call. Ide say go ahead and get it done. If your scarring bothers you you should make the comitment to do something about it. Im not totally satisfied with my appearance yet, but I feel better knowing I am bieng pro-active about something that has caused me pain for a long time. Its deffinitely a journey with ups and downs. Mood swings etc. But I believe that anyone can achieve great results if they have some faith and creativity to solve this problem we all have.

How are you doing ?What would you say your improvement has been as of now? I look forward to hearing from you, especially considering you have been in the same position as I am right now. 

#53 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

^^ Believe in your treatment.It will give you more results.

Healing comes from inside by a very big portion.

#54 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

Okay, so it has been about 48 hours since I had my subcision done on numerous scars. First day, swelling but couldn't see anything underneath the bandages. Today, I removed them. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The marks from the needles are pretty small. I actually managed to cover most of it up with make up. I began suctioning & I am going to try to stick with it for at least 2 weeks. My skin looks REALLY good right now, if only it would stay this way. lol ( I have read that the scars completely disappear or almost vanish a couple days after. I know its from the swelling, but hell I wouldn't mind being swollen my whole life if it camouflaged my scars. I am also taking 1000 mg of vitamin c morning and night and collagen supplements by Youthery. ( I read it on a post by sverd and decided to be a copy cat.) All in all so far, I would say I will definitely have this done again (if it yields results). I have had laser before and the downtime with this seems to be way more minimal. When I had laser I didn't leave the house for a week & it actually hurt way more. Ugh. I wish I would have never got laser. Well everyone, I will update again tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed for me & say a prayer if you have the time. (not trying to sound selfish, but I really want improvement as do we all.) Every night I pray that each individual who is scarred finds their solution, so they can feel confident again.

#55 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Okay it's day 3 since my subcision. I really didn't experience much brusing. I started suctioning yesterday twice a day doing about 6 passes over each scar treated for about 4 seconds. I plan on doing this until at the June 23rd. My left is still swollen (making the scars appear like they're gone.) My right is still swollen but I can see the scars more than I can on the left cheek. My right cheek is definitely worse because there is a deep rolling scar in the middle about 2 cm big. The left has more of smaller shallow scars (many of them.) Well I'm not trying to aggrivate anyone I am just trying to keep this log as a way of reminding myself and what to expect with the procedure afterwards. Keep fingers crossed for me & I will do the same for you=)

#56 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

You're not aggravating anyone! My appointment is a week from Friday so I appreciate it. What are you suctioning with?

#57 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

You are going to laugh at me..I laughed at myself and so did my boyfriend. I am using my regular vacuum, but with the attached suction nozzle. I just make sure I clean it off real good each time before I use it (it never actually touches my face). Then, I cup my hand over the end..it has been working pretty good so far.  Good luck with your appointment by the way. Where are you going. I hope you get great results. =) Because I know how much this s**t bugs us ! Or else we wouldn't be on these dang boards. lol

#58 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

hey just wanted to say thanks for the updates and cant wait to see the final result! i am sure you are going to look fantastic!

#59 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Thank you Tracy, I really appreciate it & I hope so. Okay guys, it's day 4. I suctioned early this morning and I will do it again before I go to bed. Some more of the scars are showing. I can't say how truly depressing that is. No matter how much you prepare yourself & even though you know it's going to happen, it is still a let down. I definitely think I am still a little bit swollen but not as much as I was yesterday.  I wish more people that have had subcision would comment. I am going to comment until it has been 1 week and then I will be doing weekly updates. Another thing, I wish people would put their age, because I do believe that makes a difference. I am 21, so I hope I heal right. I thought I should add that I have two hard spots but their not lumps they are actually flat. You can't see them at all, but I can feel them.

#60 polecat

polecat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hi Friends smile.png
I sincerely apologize for my lack of updates. I had to give myself a break from this post because I was beginning to obsess so much over the results of my subcision. It was consuming me and quite honestly depressing me.

I am happy to say that I feel so much better from the break and I am extremely happy with the results! The improvement was so hard to see day to day and that is what was so disheartening. Now many months later I can finally see improvement. It has been approximately 5 months since my subcision.

The hard lumps I last wrote about finally went away and I am very excited with the results. I still have some indentations but they are much softer now.

Tell me what you think....
I hope everyone going through subcisions are doing well and keeping good spirits!!
xx

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0408.jpg
  • IMG_0411.jpg
  • IMG_0412.jpg

Edited by polecat, 09 August 2013 - 08:26 PM.