Photo

My Subcision

subcision acne scars rolling scars subcision suction

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#21 polecat

polecat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

My Dr said he wanted to make sure I was not having any sort of infection from the subcision.  I really appreciate my Dr in that he listens to his patients and has a really good bedside manner.  I feel very fortunate to have found him.

I know Mr Matt said he had similiar lumps for about 5 weeks and this was comforting.  My Dr said they were normal when I had my first checkup.  What concerned me was that they had grown in size and the twingy sensations that I was feeling underneath some of the lumps-that is what scared me and made me worry.  I don't know how to describe the sensations other than twinges.  They weren't necessarily painful but like little random electric pulses.  Did anyone else get these when they had a cystic underground breakout?  I remember them and that's what frightened me.....ha ha I just had a memory!  I remember that I used to joke around that my monster zit was having contractions and going to have a baby.  Funny how I used to use humor back then to make things better......

I'll keep you posted.

#22 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

polecat i feel for all that you are going through and yeah when i get cysts they feel like that. its awful! usually taking a few aleve twice a day for a few days really helps them as well as icing them too. you are on antibiotics too right? that should help for sure but if not ask for keflex that stuff works good and fast on those cysts. keep us update and i hope you heal soon and that those bumps go away for you. take care!

#23 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Twingy sensations might be a result of temporary hypoxia and its a great thing if you feel them.

These electric pulses are causing the secretion of HIF(hypoxia inducible factor) that results 

in a number of other factors that promote angiogenesis.

I get these sensations also from iodine,subcision even from smoking MJ (i get the last ones in scalp skin

tissue and my hair were feeling and looking great a week later lol).

Edited by panos, 09 April 2013 - 10:22 AM.

If you're bored of Suburbia, burn down your house,lets dance in the colour of the fire.

#24 polecat

polecat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Thank you tracy521 and panos. I already feel so much better-the bumps are still there but they are not as prominent and the twinges have stopped.

#25 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

My Dr said he wanted to make sure I was not having any sort of infection from the subcision.  I really appreciate my Dr in that he listens to his patients and has a really good bedside manner.  I feel very fortunate to have found him.

I know Mr Matt said he had similiar lumps for about 5 weeks and this was comforting.  My Dr said they were normal when I had my first checkup.  What concerned me was that they had grown in size and the twingy sensations that I was feeling underneath some of the lumps-that is what scared me and made me worry.  I don't know how to describe the sensations other than twinges.  They weren't necessarily painful but like little random electric pulses.  Did anyone else get these when they had a cystic underground breakout?  I remember them and that's what frightened me.....ha ha I just had a memory!  I remember that I used to joke around that my monster zit was having contractions and going to have a baby.  Funny how I used to use humor back then to make things better......

I'll keep you posted.

I, too, had a tingly sensation in my skin and I later learned that this was a healing response to the trauma incurred by subcision and it was collagen remodeling. If you've ever had a deep cut or wound, it begins to itch after awhile. It's actually an indication that the helping process is underway and is a good thing.

Matt

#26 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hey polecat, just dropping in to see how you are doing? I'm getting subcision soon from Mr. Matts doctor, but just wanted to follow up with everyone that is going through the same stuff that I will be going through soon. Hope you are well & healing nice.

#27 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hey polecat, just dropping in to see how you are doing? I'm getting subcision soon from Mr. Matts doctor, but just wanted to follow up with everyone that is going through the same stuff that I will be going through soon. Hope you are well & healing nice.

Yeah me too. I have already scheduled a subcision with the same doctor as you for april 23. I am looking forwards to making positive steps to improve my scarring.

#28 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

That's awesome be sure to let us know how everything goes! I'm glad I joined this site, I finally feel like I have people that I can relate to...even if it is over something that sucks so bad. lol

#29 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Yeah me too. I have already scheduled a subcision with the same doctor as you for april 23. I am looking forwards to making positive steps to improve my scarring.

Heyy! Just checking up on you to see how things are going? I hope you get great results =) Let me know

#30 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Heyy! Just checking up on you to see how things are going? I hope you get great results =) Let me know

Hey whats up. Yeah the office called my and rescheduled to procedure for friday afternoon. the receptionist made a mistake. So now it will be this friday/ Il let you know know how it goes.

#31 xscarringx

xscarringx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Okay gotcha, well I definitely have my fingers crossed for you. I know you are excited & probably nervous. Good luck with everything

#32 readytosmileagain

readytosmileagain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

let us know how it goes!!! Thinking of you! 

Am:
Cetaphil
ceraVe lotion

PM:
Cetaphil
ceraVe Lotion
Differin

wash my face with cetaphil before and after working out
sometimes add Glytone - mild gel wash to the regimen and then Glytone alphy hydroxy lotion at night

Finished my Accutane Course in August 2010!!

#33 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

let us know how it goes!!! Thinking of you! 

Okay gotcha, well I definitely have my fingers crossed for you. I know you are excited & probably nervous. Good luck with everything

Well I had the subcision last friday. I had Dr. Despain subcise the two worst scars on either side of my chin. I was pleasently suprised on how wonderful of a doctor and person Dr. Despain was. He even went out to the lobby and sat down with me to apologize for needing me to reschedule. You dont find that as much nowadays. As for the subcision, it is now three days later. My left side has a bit of swelling and the scar is not visible at the moment. It is firm and feels kinda like a small knot. The outer appearance it relatively flat. So im happy with that side. The other side seems to not be swollon or bruised at all anymore. Theyre might be some microswelling but that scar too is pretty much gone (at the moment). I heard alot of scar tissue popping and releasing which was a good sign. The bad news is i have been suuuper anal about my diet lately.I didnt realize I wouldnt be able to move my mouth because of the thick bandages and had to drink liquid the first 24 hours. I drank a naked fruit smoothie and realized that it wasnt really that healthy at all. Too much sugar and it had me feeling sick the first couple days cause i didnt know what was making me sick. Do you think drinking the fruit juice affected the healing because of the sugar content? Its amazing how going through this process can be so tense and play on your nerves and emotions. I didnt know what to expect, but now i know that 1. subcision is a good thing and nothing to be scared of if you have a good doctor. and 2. the scariest part of subcision is thinking about it before you even have it. or over-dramatizing it..It was actually kind of pleasent for me but I am a little wierd.

#34 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thank you so much for updating! I am curious because I have scars on either side of my chin too and I don't see many people that have this area treated. It is usually the cheeks. So please keep us posted! I don't think the fruit juice will harm you at all. I'm sure it has some good vitamins and the sugar isn't going to delay healing.

#35 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thank you so much for updating! I am curious because I have scars on either side of my chin too and I don't see many people that have this area treated. It is usually the cheeks. So please keep us posted! I don't think the fruit juice will harm you at all. I'm sure it has some good vitamins and the sugar isn't going to delay healing.

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? :) I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision. 

#36 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

I have an appointment for June 21 - which is the earliest I can get time off from work. I have only found several experiences where people had subcision done to this area. 1 or 2 of them said it made it worse, a couple said it worked the least well in this area and a few said they had improvements. Is this a problem area for you as well?

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? smile.png I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision. 

#37 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

I have an appointment for June 21 - which is the earliest I can get time off from work. I have only found several experiences where people had subcision done to this area. 1 or 2 of them said it made it worse, a couple said it worked the least well in this area and a few said they had improvements. Is this a problem area for you as well?

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? smile.png I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision. 

Well I think "on either side of the chin" is pretty vague. I have two very large and deep compound rolling scars under both of the corners of my mouth. I dont see why it would be any different from the cheek because it has just the same amount of fleshy tissue. Subcising these areas was not a problem at all for my doctor. Now, If I were discussing scars that are further down your face in areas where theyre is not as much fatty tissue, that may be a problem.

#38 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Yeah you're right it is vague. Mine are below the corners of my mouth, but about halfway down between the corners of my mouth and the very bottom of my chin and extend in from the corner - in a diagonal. If that makes sense. I thought this entire area was less fatty than the cheeks, like you said, which is why it would be more difficult.

Well I think "on either side of the chin" is pretty vague. I have two very large and deep compound rolling scars under both of the corners of my mouth. I dont see why it would be any different from the cheek because it has just the same amount of fleshy tissue. Subcising these areas was not a problem at all for my doctor. Now, If I were discussing scars that are further down your face in areas where theyre is not as much fatty tissue, that may be a problem.

#39 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yeah you're right it is vague. Mine are below the corners of my mouth, but about halfway down between the corners of my mouth and the very bottom of my chin and extend in from the corner - in a diagonal. If that makes sense. I thought this entire area was less fatty than the cheeks, like you said, which is why it would be more difficult.

>

Based on my experience, this area responds just like any other area would on the face. Theyre is still enough fatty deposits theyre to provide room to work with. You should be absolutely fine. The areas that I think are hard to work with are closer to the jawbone and forehead/temples because theyre is less fat and tissue theyre to work with. I encourage you to seek out treatment from a good doctor. I used to worry about the subcision process alot, but now I see that its really a minor procedure and if youve suffered from acne for as long as i have, this trauma from the procedure is laughable in comparison to cystic acne.

#40 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

&gt

;

lockquote>

Based on my experience, this area responds just like any other area would on the face. Theyre is still enough fatty deposits theyre to provide room to work with. You should be absolutely fine. The areas that I think are hard to work with are closer to the jawbone and forehead/temples because theyre is less fat and tissue theyre to work with. I encourage you to seek out treatment from a good doctor. I used to worry about the subcision process alot, but now I see that its really a minor procedure and if youve suffered from acne for as long as i have, this trauma from the procedure is laughable in comparison to cystic acne.

Thank you for the reassurance. Sometimes it's just a relief to hear something positive. Can't wait to find out how your treatment turns out!