Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Subcision

69 posts in this topic

Hey polecat, just dropping in to see how you are doing? I'm getting subcision soon from Mr. Matts doctor, but just wanted to follow up with everyone that is going through the same stuff that I will be going through soon. Hope you are well & healing nice.

Hey polecat, just dropping in to see how you are doing? I'm getting subcision soon from Mr. Matts doctor, but just wanted to follow up with everyone that is going through the same stuff that I will be going through soon. Hope you are well & healing nice.

That's awesome be sure to let us know how everything goes! I'm glad I joined this site, I finally feel like I have people that I can relate to...even if it is over something that sucks so bad. lol

Yeah me too. I have already scheduled a subcision with the same doctor as you for april 23. I am looking forwards to making positive steps to improve my scarring.

Yeah me too. I have already scheduled a subcision with the same doctor as you for april 23. I am looking forwards to making positive steps to improve my scarring.

Okay gotcha, well I definitely have my fingers crossed for you. I know you are excited & probably nervous. Good luck with everything

Thank you so much for updating! I am curious because I have scars on either side of my chin too and I don't see many people that have this area treated. It is usually the cheeks. So please keep us posted! I don't think the fruit juice will harm you at all. I'm sure it has some good vitamins and the sugar isn't going to delay healing.

Thank you so much for updating! I am curious because I have scars on either side of my chin too and I don't see many people that have this area treated. It is usually the cheeks. So please keep us posted! I don't think the fruit juice will harm you at all. I'm sure it has some good vitamins and the sugar isn't going to delay healing.

I have an appointment for June 21 - which is the earliest I can get time off from work. I have only found several experiences where people had subcision done to this area. 1 or 2 of them said it made it worse, a couple said it worked the least well in this area and a few said they had improvements. Is this a problem area for you as well?

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? smile.png I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision.

I have an appointment for June 21 - which is the earliest I can get time off from work. I have only found several experiences where people had subcision done to this area. 1 or 2 of them said it made it worse, a couple said it worked the least well in this area and a few said they had improvements. Is this a problem area for you as well?

Are you planning on having subcision on your chin soon, michi31? smile.png I don't see why it wouldn't work in that area, although I don't know that much about subcision.

Yeah you're right it is vague. Mine are below the corners of my mouth, but about halfway down between the corners of my mouth and the very bottom of my chin and extend in from the corner - in a diagonal. If that makes sense. I thought this entire area was less fatty than the cheeks, like you said, which is why it would be more difficult.

Yeah you're right it is vague. Mine are below the corners of my mouth, but about halfway down between the corners of my mouth and the very bottom of my chin and extend in from the corner - in a diagonal. If that makes sense. I thought this entire area was less fatty than the cheeks, like you said, which is why it would be more difficult.

&gt

;

lockquote>

Well I think "on either side of the chin" is pretty vague. I have two very large and deep compound rolling scars under both of the corners of my mouth. I dont see why it would be any different from the cheek because it has just the same amount of fleshy tissue. Subcising these areas was not a problem at all for my doctor. Now, If I were discussing scars that are further down your face in areas where theyre is not as much fatty tissue, that may be a problem.

&gt

;

lockquote>

Well I think "on either side of the chin" is pretty vague. I have two very large and deep compound rolling scars under both of the corners of my mouth. I dont see why it would be any different from the cheek because it has just the same amount of fleshy tissue. Subcising these areas was not a problem at all for my doctor. Now, If I were discussing scars that are further down your face in areas where theyre is not as much fatty tissue, that may be a problem.

&am

p;gt

;

lockquote>

lockquote>

Based on my experience, this area responds just like any other area would on the face. Theyre is still enough fatty deposits theyre to provide room to work with. You should be absolutely fine. The areas that I think are hard to work with are closer to the jawbone and forehead/temples because theyre is less fat and tissue theyre to work with. I encourage you to seek out treatment from a good doctor. I used to worry about the subcision process alot, but now I see that its really a minor procedure and if youve suffered from acne for as long as i have, this trauma from the procedure is laughable in comparison to cystic acne.

How are you feeling/healing? Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I have been pretty busy. Hope you can get back to me soon.

1 person likes this

I never heard of this. It sounds so painful. Does it help with redness to or just the scar?eusa_think.gif

I never heard of this. It sounds so painful. Does it help with redness to or just the scar?eusa_think.gif

So glad to hear how things are going - please keep updating! And thanks for the tip on sugar!

Its not very painful. It helps the scar not hyperpigmentation.

How are you feeling/healing? What would you say your percentage of improvement is? Hope you are doing well

How are you feeling/healing? What would you say your percentage of improvement is? Hope you are doing well

Hey, thanks for asking. Well. Things are deffinitely better. I had two compound scars on either side of my chin that were very deep and made me feel pretty self-conscious. One of the scars even had cortisone atrophy. One of the scars has some bumpiness and lumpiness that is not really noticeable to the naked eye, I expect this to fade over the next weeks/months. Ide say that scar has visually improved by 50-60%. Its deffinitely better. The other scar (that I suctioned) leveled out to a good 50%, keep in mind that this scar had no lumpiness whatsoever so I decided to vacuum this one. The thing with subcision is that its not a one and done thing. Its deffinitely a process that occurs over time. Im very grateful for the improvement that I have gotten but as you know with scarring, you always want more. Overall it has made me feel better about myself. I still feel a dull pain in one side when im talking alot but not a big deal at all. I hope the small bumps fade on theyre own and im sure they will. If I could go back in time I would deffinitely do it all over again.

Hey, thanks for asking. Well. Things are deffinitely better. I had two compound scars on either side of my chin that were very deep and made me feel pretty self-conscious. One of the scars even had cortisone atrophy. One of the scars has some bumpiness and lumpiness that is not really noticeable to the naked eye, I expect this to fade over the next weeks/months. Ide say that scar has visually improved by 50-60%. Its deffinitely better. The other scar (that I suctioned) leveled out to a good 50%, keep in mind that this scar had no lumpiness whatsoever so I decided to vacuum this one. The thing with subcision is that its not a one and done thing. Its deffinitely a process that occurs over time. Im very grateful for the improvement that I have gotten but as you know with scarring, you always want more. Overall it has made me feel better about myself. I still feel a dull pain in one side when im talking alot but not a big deal at all. I hope the small bumps fade on theyre own and im sure they will. If I could go back in time I would deffinitely do it all over again.