glycolic acid

4 replies to this topic

#1 Blondentx87

Blondentx87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I just started using AHA recently and anytime that I put the AHA on and scratch my face or lay down it balls up and flakes off has anybody found a solution to fix this problem. And before anybody says dont scratch or touch your face I know that but I usually go to bed about an half an hour or so after doing my face routine and then I end up with little balls of AHA in my bed YUCK! sick.gif

#2 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

I just started using AHA recently and anytime that I put the AHA on and scratch my face or lay down it balls up and flakes off has anybody found a solution to fix this problem. And before anybody says dont scratch or touch your face I know that but I usually go to bed about an half an hour or so after doing my face routine and then I end up with little balls of AHA in my bed YUCK! sick.gif

First off, try not scratching your face. Second, have you tried mixing the AHA with your moisturizer? That usually keeps the flakiness at bay.

#3 Blondentx87

Blondentx87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Like I said I already know not to touch/scratch my face!

And I have tried mixing it with the moisturizer before applying tried mixing with the jajoba before appling tried waiting until it was dry and then apply moisturizer. Pretty much I have tried every combination I can think of to try and prevent the AHA from balling up and nothing seems to help this problem!

#4 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Its a common problem and I've never found a solution to it.  I've just accepted that it happens and figure that as I only wear it at night its not such a big issue.  I just brush it off my pillow in the morning.

I feel the benefit of AHA far outweighs the inconvenience of balling.

#5 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

I agree with AyeAye.  AHA has always done that to me as well.  I do not agree with diluting it with moisturizer unless your skin absolutely cannot tolerate the 10% straight.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users