acne cleanser

5 replies to this topic

#1 FitnessBeautyQueen

FitnessBeautyQueen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hi everyone.  I have tried Cereve and Cetphill and am looking for a new mild cleanser.  I would love to hear everyones favorites.  I don't want to get too dried out from it like a lot of salcilic treatments but like to use a mild one on top of my spot treatments.  

#2 Aubreyj1722

Aubreyj1722

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Exercise, Cooking, Singing, Dancing...

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

I use purpose cleansing wash. It's about $8 for a 12 oz bottle. They also make it in a bar (about $3) but I find bars to be a pain in the ass! I like the way it smells and it keeps my face clean all day and night. I have oily skin so that helps keep my oiliness down.

#3 Aubreyj1722

Aubreyj1722

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Exercise, Cooking, Singing, Dancing...

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

I know I just replied to this, but I want to update on something. I had to stop using this after 2 days. I must be allergic to something in it bc my face won't stop itching! It is so irritated which is weird bc this is like the safest product to use! I thought it was the same thing as the cleansing bar but they're totally different, so I'm back to using the bar which I highly recommend. Also, I used clean and clear foaming favce wash for sensitive skin and it had the same effect on me. Turns out they have the exact same ingredients! The clean and clear formula was about $4 though. I'm not saying don't use these products, just make sure you're not allergic lol. Hope this helps.

#4 veiledxbeauty

veiledxbeauty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hello there. I'd like to recommend Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin. I've been using it for a week to replace my old CeraVe Hydrating cleanser (wasn't taking my make-up off well enough) and it makes my skin feel soft and clean afterward without any leftover residue or irritation. Plus you can get it really cheap at Dollar General. Good luck!

#5 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Just use a face wash formulated for sensitive skin. I like the Perrricone MD hypoallergenic cleanser.

Edited by darkheart, 10 March 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#6 Morgo K

Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

My advice would be to avoid anything with Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulphate in it, and also sodium chloride (if it's near the top of the ingredients list) as these ingredients will dry out your skin and irritate it.

My favourite is the Avene Soapless Gel Cleanser.

_1_902363_cleanance_soapless_gel_cleanse

I have oily/combo skin so I get dry and flakey but also oily and this doesn't dry out my skin but I feel like it cleans well and also controls oil :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users