#41 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:Soccer, helping others

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Awesome results awesome skin it will keep healing for 6 months after you finish your course so form March to September<3  What´s your wieght in kg and what was your dosage? 

Thanks man.

My weight is 78.9 kg and my dosage was 30mg every day.

#42 Miickey Mouse

Miickey Mouse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Wow that is a 100% improvement looking great man. I'm on my third month of accutane and things are starting to get better. I Know exactly how you felt, I missed school because of my acne and my grades suffered for it. My face is starting to clear now but I am left with a lot of red/purple marks and scars. I have tanned skin so they are more visible. They will go however. Chemical peels work well. Your lucky you tackled your acne at 16, your skin is still young and will fully recover by itself. The peels will just speed up the process.

Good job man, you are seriously an inspiration

#43 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Wow that is a 100% improvement looking great man. I'm on my third month of accutane and things are starting to get better. I Know exactly how you felt, I missed school because of my acne and my grades suffered for it. My face is starting to clear now but I am left with a lot of red/purple marks and scars. I have tanned skin so they are more visible. They will go however. Chemical peels work well. Your lucky you tackled your acne at 16, your skin is still young and will fully recover by itself. The peels will just speed up the process.

Good job man, you are seriously an inspiration

Thank you so much for your response. I'm happy knowing that my experience can serve as inspiration to others. Remember to always have your head held up high because it gets only better.

I haven't seen these pictures in like 2-3 months. I myself was shocked to look at them just now and realize how much my face has improved since that moment. It actually gave me goosebumps looking back. I can't believe I was able to go through all that psychologically and physically.

Remember, if you have any questions about the 'tane and/or need support, you can message me anytime.

Cheers.

#44 Morgo K

Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

I'm nearly done with accutane too and it has literally saved my life.

I couldn't mentally handle going through it again. 

How is your skin doing now? do you still have scarring or hyper - pigmentation? and do you ever break out?

#45 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

I'm nearly done with accutane too and it has literally saved my life.

I couldn't mentally handle going through it again. 

How is your skin doing now? do you still have scarring or hyper - pigmentation? and do you ever break out?

It took me a while for Accutane to be considered a life-saver, but it definitely helped. I was offered a 2nd course around a month ago but I said no instantly.

Well since I'm 17, my hormones kicked in like 3 weeks ago and it caused me to breakout around my chin/jaw area. I still have some red marks on my cheeks, but it's the pimples themselves that make them look red and recent. When I was clear, my acne marks are barely noticeable, and my friends have told me that several times on how much my skin had improved.

So yeah, I broke out, but I'm currently taking doxycycline 100mg twice a day just until I can get the hormonal acne under control. After I'm done with Doxy, I'll start taking Zinc, which I heard helps TONS with acne and it greatly reduces the oil on your face.

F**king hormones. Oh well, at least I got broader shoulders and bigger arms/legs right now. People have told me that :P Cheers.

#46 freefood

freefood

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Awesome results awesome skin it will keep healing for 6 months after you finish your course so form March to September<3  What´s your wieght in kg and what was your dosage? 

Thanks man.

May i know how long was ur course? I am around same weight as you but am taking 20mg daily. I calculated i would need 450 days to complete the course (120mg/kg) which i feel is really long.. as normally others complete theirs within 6 - 8 months but at a higher dose.

#47 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Thanks man.

May i know how long was ur course? I am around same weight as you but am taking 20mg daily. I calculated i would need 450 days to complete the course (120mg/kg) which i feel is really long.. as normally others complete theirs within 6 - 8 months but at a higher dose.

4.5 - 5 months was my course length.

#48 freefood

freefood

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Thanks man.

Hmm from what i read , a cumulative dosage of 120 mg per kg is required in order to prevent remission of the acne. Did your derm explain why ur cumulative dosage is low?

#49 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Thanks man.

Hmm from what i read , a cumulative dosage of 120 mg per kg is required in order to prevent remission of the acne. Did your derm explain why ur cumulative dosage is low?

He told me it was because my body was reacting to the medication the same way I would've if I had taken my proper dose (which I am guessing is 80mg per day). You can just tell by the before pictures that my skin was dry enough. My lips would chap and the inside of my nose was dry as paper.

I asked him several times to bump me up to a higher dose, but he never wanted to because of that reason.

#50 gingerbaby

gingerbaby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thank you for sharing your story! I'm glad that Accutane worked for you, your skin looks 100 x's better! Good luck with the chemical peels, and again thank you for posting. I'm sure you have helped many currently going through the same situation. I too know where the downward spiral that depression from the way your skin looks can lead you. ermm.gif But your posts are inspiring! 

#51 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thank you for sharing your story! I'm glad that Accutane worked for you, your skin looks 100 x's better! Good luck with the chemical peels, and again thank you for posting. I'm sure you have helped many currently going through the same situation. I too know where the downward spiral that depression from the way your skin looks can lead you. ermm.gif But your posts are inspiring! 

Thank you for your support :) It's a good feeling when you know you're helping others, and I'm happy that my post is able to make that possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users