bump

#22 jilliang

jilliang

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:blogging, fashion, makeup, & animals

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Congratulations on your success, as well as being so strong through your acne depression! You've fought a tough skin battle, and your skin looks awesome. :)

#23 Feelin'SomeRhythm

Feelin'SomeRhythm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hey, this is so inspiring to read - well done on making it this far, man! How are your red marks looking now?

I should hopefully be starting accutane at some point over the next few months (whenever the British NHS fits me in!) and I'm absolutely petrified of the IB. But I'm so utterly depressed right now, I figure it must be worth it. I can't wait to get to the other side.

Congratulations once again, you're an inspiration to us all! :)

#24 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:Soccer, helping others

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hey, this is so inspiring to read - well done on making it this far, man! How are your red marks looking now?

I should hopefully be starting accutane at some point over the next few months (whenever the British NHS fits me in!) and I'm absolutely petrified of the IB. But I'm so utterly depressed right now, I figure it must be worth it. I can't wait to get to the other side.

Congratulations once again, you're an inspiration to us all! smile.png

Thank you for the support- it's good to know that I give strength to others with my post. That's my intention behind the whole journey thing, to help others get through it all.

The red marks are much more faded now compared to the picture, but I'm still getting a TCA peel (medium depth) this or next week to get rid of the marks completely. Basically leaving my skin completely clear. And thanks again for the thanks haha :)

#25 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

And another bump to keep this thread alive. Have faith all of you out there with acne, whether it's mild, moderate or severe. May my journey be an inspiration to you all ;)

#26 HeftyMug

HeftyMug

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

congrats man, you got some awesome results! 

#27 3lilpigs

3lilpigs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Making this world a beautiful place, starting with ME!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Florencienne, I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at the pictures. Those lips are my what I dream of! I paid a heap of money for my plastic surgeon to make my lips look like his, to no avail. I didn't even notice any acne, your features are so perfect! I have parked my white van with tinted windows around the corner, waiting to creep on you! Lol, you are a very handsome young man, Congrats on the success of your clear skin! Now, get out there and make use of those fabulous lips; KISS the girl you have that crush on!! ;)

#28 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Florencienne, I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at the pictures. Those lips are my what I dream of! I paid a heap of money for my plastic surgeon to make my lips look like his, to no avail. I didn't even notice any acne, your features are so perfect! I have parked my white van with tinted windows around the corner, waiting to creep on you! Lol, you are a very handsome young man, Congrats on the success of your clear skin! Now, get out there and make use of those fabulous lips; KISS the girl you have that crush on!! wink.png

Haha why thank you. Never thought my lips were of that much envy for some :P Thank you again. That's a confidence booster.

#29 ls206816

ls206816

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, Running, Having clear skin (: Lana Del Rey.

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Awesome! So happy for you! Your skin looks amazing!

#30 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

And another bump for the collection.

#31 gab4

gab4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Awesome. The acne-free picture were took after 4.5 mounths on accutane ? After how many time you can have a peeling ? I've seen that you can't do anything for scaring before 6 to 12 mounths when you finish accutane, maybe i'm wrong. Can you post picture of your scaring ? How many mounths have you finished accutane ? I'm on day 8 and i think the initial breakout is kicking in :( and i'm starting school next week, so so stressed. How long did your IB last ? thanks a lot. 

#32 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Wow, it feels as if you and me have the same type face, I had real bad acne under my jaw line and cheeks, it really takes a toll on your confidence and makes you depressed if you let it get to you. But its so hard to ignore it, acne has got to be one of the toughest things to go through, almost harder than cancer imo because cancer you still look fine on the outside, severe acne you walk around and you get looks, and in this day and age appearance seems to be everything to people.

Anyways, my face looks kind of like yours does currently, alot of scarring, starting my second month of accutane, two 40mgs a day. Still have some active acne left but its starting to go away. What im wondering is I have alot of the scarring/hyperpigmentation as well, what are you doing to help get rid of it and if you are doing anything is it working? Because you arent suppose to do anything for scarring for up to 6 months so they say. Any help would be nice

#33 Chrissy Cambell

Chrissy Cambell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

In the next year you will see a dramatic improvement in those scars once the accutane wears of, thats exactly what happened to me. Sadly my acne come back 7 years later, hopefully your are acne free for life.#

good luck mate

#34 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

In the next year you will see a dramatic improvement in those scars once the accutane wears of, thats exactly what happened to me. Sadly my acne come back 7 years later, hopefully your are acne free for life.#

good luck mate

Did they go away on their own? Or did you do a treatment method

#35 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Bump to question above ^

#36 ls206816

ls206816

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, Running, Having clear skin (: Lana Del Rey.

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Just wondering what your using now that your done. My derm gave me no advice at all!

#37 aussieface

aussieface

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Wow, you are an inspiration.

#38 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Just wondering what your using now that your done. My derm gave me no advice at all!

Been off of Acne.org for quite a while due to school being in the way (and social life obvs :P) but this is what I do now:

I still have some red marks mostly on my cheeks, but after 3 TCA peels I decided to try a more natural approach with my skin due to it being so sensitive and all. I began using Aloe Vera straight from the plant (I extract the gel myself) and apply it twice a day (morning and night). I've used it a week so far and it is absolutely amazing. I've seen my skin improve greatly in appearance. My overall skin color is finally starting to match my neck color and so on. 2 days ago I drank a little too much liquor which gave me a breakout today, but the Aloe helps a ton.

Trust me mate. If you have the red marks, I suggest you look into using 100% all natural Aloe Vera. Go to your supermarket, buy the leaf which costs like $2, wash the outside with water, cut it in half, and scrape all of that gel into a plastic container. Put some on your face and store the container in the freezer. You will see results. Hope I helped :)

Wow, it feels as if you and me have the same type face, I had real bad acne under my jaw line and cheeks, it really takes a toll on your confidence and makes you depressed if you let it get to you. But its so hard to ignore it, acne has got to be one of the toughest things to go through, almost harder than cancer imo because cancer you still look fine on the outside, severe acne you walk around and you get looks, and in this day and age appearance seems to be everything to people.

Anyways, my face looks kind of like yours does currently, alot of scarring, starting my second month of accutane, two 40mgs a day. Still have some active acne left but its starting to go away. What im wondering is I have alot of the scarring/hyperpigmentation as well, what are you doing to help get rid of it and if you are doing anything is it working? Because you arent suppose to do anything for scarring for up to 6 months so they say. Any help would be nice

Well I suggest you don't do anything to your skin while on Accutane. Just leave the medication function. Afterwards, wait like 6 months and ask about a TCA peel. It won't help much with the red marks, but it will surely help on the skin's texture and overall scarring. After, I suggest you use Aloe Vera gel straight from the plant. Do NOT buy the gel; get it yourself. How? Buy the leaf at your supermarket (it's really inexpensive, like $2), wash it on the outside, cut it in half, and scrape off all of that gel into a plastic container. Put some on your face since it's fresh when you just cut it, and store the container in the fridge.

I've used aloe vera for around a week so far, and it's done wonders. I'll post pictures whenever I can.

#39 SuperYew

SuperYew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Been off of Acne.org for quite a while due to school being in the way (and social life obvs tongue.png) but this is what I do now:

I still have some red marks mostly on my cheeks, but after 3 TCA peels I decided to try a more natural approach with my skin due to it being so sensitive and all. I began using Aloe Vera straight from the plant (I extract the gel myself) and apply it twice a day (morning and night). I've used it a week so far and it is absolutely amazing. I've seen my skin improve greatly in appearance. My overall skin color is finally starting to match my neck color and so on. 2 days ago I drank a little too much liquor which gave me a breakout today, but the Aloe helps a ton.

Trust me mate. If you have the red marks, I suggest you look into using 100% all natural Aloe Vera. Go to your supermarket, buy the leaf which costs like $2, wash the outside with water, cut it in half, and scrape all of that gel into a plastic container. Put some on your face and store the container in the freezer. You will see results. Hope I helped smile.png

>>Wow, it feels as if you and me have the same type face, I had real bad acne under my jaw line and cheeks, it really takes a toll on your confidence and makes you depressed if you let it get to you. But its so hard to ignore it, acne has got to be one of the toughest things to go through, almost harder than cancer imo because cancer you still look fine on the outside, severe acne you walk around and you get looks, and in this day and age appearance seems to be everything to people.

Well I suggest you don't do anything to your skin while on Accutane. Just leave the medication function. Afterwards, wait like 6 months and ask about a TCA peel. It won't help much with the red marks, but it will surely help on the skin's texture and overall scarring. After, I suggest you use Aloe Vera gel straight from the plant. Do NOT buy the gel; get it yourself. How? Buy the leaf at your supermarket (it's really inexpensive, like $2), wash it on the outside, cut it in half, and scrape off all of that gel into a plastic container. Put some on your face since it's fresh when you just cut it, and store the container in the fridge.

I've used aloe vera for around a week so far, and it's done wonders. I'll post pictures whenever I can.

I heard about a soap that helps with the skin, Called "The Miracle Bar" - *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

Its an all natural soap, amazing ingreadients and I emailed the creator of the soap and he says the soap is great with scarring and he claims that his scars are almost completely gone from the soap alone. Check it out.

#40 hasmas

hasmas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Awesome results awesome skin it will keep healing for 6 months after you finish your course so form March to September<3  What´s your wieght in kg and what was your dosage? 

Edited by hasmas, 02 September 2013 - 02:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users