Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aha Everynight?

4 posts in this topic

Hi ive been on the regimen for about 2 months now with amazing results but there are two things are bother me: the dry, flaky skin and the red marks.. i was wondering if i could use a thin finger of aha everynight of the week or would that be too much? thank you for any replies!

I've been using The Regimen for 2 months now (2 months on the 10th) and I started using AHA every night. I don't use it alone though, I add it with about 1 and 1/2 pumps of moisturizer, sometimes 1 pump (I add a little less than 1 fingers length of AHA). Its been working really well actually. I have no flakiness or dryness anymore. I still have redness though but I knew that that would take some time to see improvements. Just make sure your skin it used to it because if it's not then you could experience problems. So I say go for it.

My Daily Regimen

AM Regimen

Cleanser- Cetaphil Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Benzoyl Peroxide- Dan's 2.5% BP

Moisturizer- Dan's Moisturizer with Olay Complete All-day Moisturizer with sunscreen SPF 15

PM Regimen:

Cleanser- Cetaphil Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Benzoyl Peroxide- Dan's 2.5% BP

Moisturizer- Dan's Moisturizer or Dan's AHA+ (1 or 2 times/week)

I'm totally unqualified to answer your question as I've only been on the regimen for a week but I know that most people would probably suggested mixing it with your moisturizer every other day to start because it can be pretty harsh at first (so I hear). But many, many people who have used AHA+ for red marks and flakiness have reported great success with getting their skin to that final threshold of clearness, smoothness, and healthiness. Best of luck!

I agree with the posts above! Mix the AHA with your moisturizer. I started using AHA at the start of my 5th week and I use it every night mixed with moisturizer and jojoba oil. Works great in lightening those red spots.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing LotionĀ + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Medication:

• Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo
  • Meftormin 500mg

Supplements:
  • Vitamin D - 2000 I.U/day
  • Zinc - 50mg/day

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. ---

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. ---

This is my two year update on The Regimen and the products I have used ---