2 replies to this topic

#1 srotriya

srotriya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'm on 40mg twice per day, for about 15 weeks. I am still breaking out everywhere. I wish it would stop! Any similar (or different) experiences from ex-accutaners? I try to be very good at following the rules- I always take the pill with food, and my skin is extremely dry in patches- not everywhere. But I'm still an unhappy mess with acne everywhere.

My doctor says, "don't worry, it will work". But I just don't see how. I only have one more month left. Maybe I will go for 6 months (instead of 5)???

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

You're not alone.  I am in my fifth month and still breaking out though i still have seen improvements.  Keep your head up as many people only see clearance AFTER treatment is better.  If things are still horrid at month 5 then you might want to discuss with  the derm a possiility of a month 6

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#3 srotriya

srotriya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Wow. From all the hundreds of positive reviews I've read about accutane, I expected better than this. According to Wikipedia, nearly everyone experiences initial clearing of acne on a high dose treatment w/ accutane. I guess you never know what to expect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users