Photo

Most Non Scientific Acne Question ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#21 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

I think the people that experience "clearing" when they avoid dairy or gluten or simply stop eating fast food do so because their insulin stabilizes and is no longer able to stimulate androgen activity truthfully. it's not because they're truly intolerant to the food or that food in particular loads the acne gun.

Of course. Because that is one of the many ways that diet affects acne. But insulin doesn't just stimulate androgens. It stimulates IGF1 which is a huge factor in hyperkeratinization (and is in dairy) and causes chronic inflammation which is the real root of acne and many other health conditions. (And it's not just what you think. It's fact. Studied over and over, published in many peer reviewed dermatology trade journals that your dermatologist apparently doesnt bother to read.)  

And then there's food intolerances. Which also cause chronic subclinical inflammation. And may also directly cause a pimple to form.  You can have both these things going on in your body.  And there's many more ways diet affects acne that have also been studied studied, published, accepted facts 

I know, I know. I keep saying don't feed the troll. Don't feed the troll. It's pointless to explain things to some people. But it's like trying not to pick a scab. 

No it actually does not. Diet doesn't make such a tremendous difference on your health as you'd like to think - and I found that the hard way. I ate the healtheist diet my entire life and then four years ago when I was only 20 years old I was diagnosed with a serious "surprise illness" that supposedly a healthy diet was supposed to protect me from, but it didn't. This severely changed my attitude on things and I realized that having the perfect lifestyle and the perfect diet doesn't guarantee protection from illness. Especially Cancer.

OMG!!,  Of course it isn't a guarantee. But you cant honestly believe that diet doesn't have a huge impact on your health?  How do you think your body functions?

#22 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

I think the people that experience "clearing" when they avoid dairy or gluten or simply stop eating fast food do so because their insulin stabilizes and is no longer able to stimulate androgen activity truthfully. it's not because they're truly intolerant to the food or that food in particular loads the acne gun.

Of course. Because that is one of the many ways that diet affects acne. But insulin doesn't just stimulate androgens. It stimulates IGF1 which is a huge factor in hyperkeratinization (and is in dairy) and causes chronic inflammation which is the real root of acne and many other health conditions. (And it's not just what you think. It's fact. Studied over and over, published in many peer reviewed dermatology trade journals that your dermatologist apparently doesnt bother to read.)  

And then there's food intolerances. Which also cause chronic subclinical inflammation. And may also directly cause a pimple to form.  You can have both these things going on in your body.  And there's many more ways diet affects acne that have also been studied studied, published, accepted facts 

I know, I know. I keep saying don't feed the troll. Don't feed the troll. It's pointless to explain things to some people. But it's like trying not to pick a scab. 

No it actually does not. Diet doesn't make such a tremendous difference on your health as you'd like to think - and I found that the hard way. I ate the healtheist diet my entire life and then four years ago when I was only 20 years old I was diagnosed with a serious "surprise illness" that supposedly a healthy diet was supposed to protect me from, but it didn't. This severely changed my attitude on things and I realized that having the perfect lifestyle and the perfect diet doesn't guarantee protection from illness. Especially Cancer.

OMG!!,  Of course it isn't a guarantee. But you cant honestly believe that diet doesn't have a huge impact on your health?  How do you think your body functions?

Some ignorant people believe that eating a vegan diet will make you immune from developing Cancer and other diseases. I'm just telling them it definitely doesn't guarantee you won't get sick. And eating healthy is meant to "Inspire" good health and it can, but that doesn't mean the person will be totally healthy just because thy eat totally healthy (do you follow me?).

My mother for example eats very healthy, lots of fruit and vegetables, low fat - but she still can't get her blood pressure down and is constantly experiencing autoimmune issues.