Going In For Subcision Before/after

5 replies to this topic

#1 HopeJ1245

HopeJ1245

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm going in for subcision treatment this month. I saw this video where a doctor mentions taking aspirin before the procedure to help with results even more. Thoughts? I also plan on taking high dose of vitamin C and collagen supplements to help improve results. How much vitamin C should I take? I will post before and after pictures.

Heres the video

http://www.youtube.c...ture=youtu.be

Thoughts?

Edited by HopeJ1245, 06 March 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#2 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Regenerating from the Core

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Dont take any antioxidant supplements...Their role is unclear on whether they promote or actually

inhibit healing..From the video you posted ask your doctor if you can use a suction device after for better results.

This stuff with the aspirin is interesting though...any more details?

Edited by panos, 06 March 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#3 dragonn

dragonn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm guessing he would suggest aspirin because it's a blood thinner so the idea is that more blood would rush to the subcision site.

#4 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

It depends on whether or not you will also be having any Excisions done. If you are having Excision done you don't want your blood to thin or you will have excesive external bleeding. But Subcision only creates internal bleeding, so this could be a good thing.

I can see the logic of the blood pooling internaly, since this is basicaly the same idea as using Suction after the Subcision.

#5 justmeuk

justmeuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Dont take any antioxidant supplements...Their role is unclear on whether they promote or actually

inhibit healing..From the video you posted ask your doctor if you can use a suction device after for better results.

Really you'd advise against taking vitamin C?  I've never heard this before can you tell me where you've read this information.  I was under the impression Vitamin C was the best supplement to take to aid healing.

#6 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Regenerating from the Core

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Really you'd advise against taking vitamin C?  I've never heard this before can you tell me where you've read this information.  I was under the impression Vitamin C was the best supplement to take to aid healing.

Copy paste from another research website.

A new study demonstrates the important role of ROS signaling in tissue regeneration. The study was done with tadpoles, but has implications for human regenerative medicine. 
Blocking the ROS with antioxidants, or other means, prevents the healing.

Amputation-induced reactive oxygen species are required for successful Xenopus tadpole tail regeneration.
Abstract
Understanding the molecular mechanisms that promote successful tissue regeneration is critical for continued advancements in regenerative medicine. Vertebrate amphibian tadpoles of the species Xenopus laevis and Xenopus tropicalis have remarkable abilities to regenerate their tails following amputation, through the coordinated activity of numerous growth factor signalling pathways, including the Wnt, Fgf, Bmp, Notch and TGF-β pathways. Little is known, however, about the events that act upstream of these signalling pathways following injury. Here, we show that Xenopus tadpole tail amputation induces a sustained production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) during tail regeneration. Lowering ROS levels, using pharmacological or genetic approaches, reduces the level of cell proliferation and impairs tail regeneration. Genetic rescue experiments restored both ROS production and the initiation of the regenerative response. Sustained increased ROS levels are required for Wnt/β-catenin signalling and the activation of one of its main downstream targets, fgf20 (ref. ), which, in turn, is essential for proper tail regeneration. These findings demonstrate that injury-induced ROS production is an important regulator of tissue regeneration.

ScienceDaily article: How Tadpoles Re-Grow Their Tails: Implications for Human Healing

With Vitamin C you see a faster healing but that doesnt mean better initial result.

Maybe antioxidants would be good for reversing fibrotic tissue but not for healing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users