Photo

I May Have Figured Out My Root Cause Of Acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 AnneNicoleGurnsey

AnneNicoleGurnsey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

I remember I started vitamins from walmart, main ingrediant soy. My worse acne in history, infact I still have red marks that slowly wont fade. I was taking 10 multiple vitamins.

I think soy was my problem.

I switched to vegan this week, today, I do that sometimes. I ate a salad with expensive dairy free, gluten free, yada yada free. As i've been eating these salads today i've been feeling the acnes popping up through-out the day. The main ingrediant in the salad dressing, you gussed it soybean oil.

I looked up on walmart.com each food that I have known to break me out in the past, and each one all had soy in the ingrediant listing.

Also ate those vegan burgers from morning star in the past and had horrible outbreaks, found out today they are filled with soy in the ingrediants.

I hope this helped someone. Now i've got the difficult task of finding groceries without soy tomorrow.

Bad stuff, I thought was good. I always was wondering why simply salads were breaking me out. Main ingrediant in this stuff is soy oil.

Attached Thumbnails

• desktop.jpg

#2 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

which vitamins were you taking that contained soy? Do the vitamins specifically say they have soy in it?

#3 real maverick

real maverick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

My guess is that you'll break out regardless of whether you have soy or not. I have been down this road so many times, where I was convinced that I'd found the secret ingredient or source to my acne. But in the end, the fact was, I had acne and nothing I eat or put on my face was going to change that. 

#4 AnneNicoleGurnsey

AnneNicoleGurnsey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

This is the brand I used to talk months ago. The main ingrediant is soy. Says so on the back.

Attached Thumbnails

• sdfdsf.jpg

#5 sueyd39

sueyd39

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

For me, dairy, Soy and salt (chips, nacho's ect) I'm 50 and still break out.

#6 kasyani

kasyani

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

For me, dairy, Soy and salt (chips, nacho's ect) I'm 50 and still break out.

I am also in my fifties but luckily found out my poison when I was 25,I used to get a big cystic type spot every other week until I found out pot noodles,ramen,gravy/coffee granules,instant soup etc was the cause,so I have been relatively spot free for 30 years,I blame it on one or more of the following ingredients,

Maltodextrin

Flavourings like celery, soya, wheat
Flavour enhancers
Emulsifier

My guess is that you'll break out regardless of whether you have soy or not. I have been down this road so many times, where I was convinced that I'd found the secret ingredient or source to my acne. But in the end, the fact was, I had acne and nothing I eat or put on my face was going to change that. 

you're wrong,at least in my case,

I am in my fifties but luckily found out my poison when I was 25,I used to get a big cystic type spot every other week until I found out pot noodles,,gravy/coffee granules,instant soup etc was the cause,so I have been relatively spot free for 30 years,I blame it on one or more of the following ingredients,

Maltodextrin

Flavourings like celery, soya, wheat
Flavour enhancers
Emulsifier

#7 sueyd39

sueyd39

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I had cystic also it was horrible, did accutane but would still break out occasionally, now I avoid my problem foods and I am good!

#8 kasyani

kasyani

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

I had cystic also it was horrible, did accutane but would still break out occasionally, now I avoid my problem foods and I am good!

sounds as though you have an allergy/intolerance just like me,glad to hear you have found the problem food,have you identified any particular thing that causes an outbreak?.

#9 sueyd39

sueyd39

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Occasionally stress or that once a month occurrence in a woman's life, but they are always the type of pimple that come and go! The ones that hang on and hurt are the soy, dairy, nut ones!!! My dermatologist agrees that food can cause issues even tho the data says otherwise. He said many of his patients have helped themselves when they find their triggers!

#10 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

I was sensitive to soy, yes, seems like a common sensitivity

#11 crashoran

crashoran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

Soy is very high in phytoestrogens. I learned this when I started taking flax seed supplements = worst acne I've ever had in my life. flax seeds are super high in phytoestrogens.

#12 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Occasionally stress or that once a month occurrence in a woman's life, but they are always the type of pimple that come and go! The ones that hang on and hurt are the soy, dairy, nut ones!!! My dermatologist agrees that food can cause issues even tho the data says otherwise. He said many of his patients have helped themselves when they find their triggers!

Better than average derm you have there, a rare find. But if by triggers he/she means food sensitivities, he/she is leaving out the many other ways diet habits affect acne.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!