Photo

What Foods Cause Acne And Darker Skin? What Foods Help Skin Stay Claer And Bright?

6 replies to this topic

#1 marylin12

marylin12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

I want clear and brighter skin, what foods should i eat?

I dont want acne, blemishes, or my skin to go drak/dull, what food should i not eat?

#2 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

I try to stay away from the usual suspects of acne causing foods. Now I have no idea if there really is any connection to food causing acne but I do avoid some foods. I try to stay away from dairy, sugar, anything with a lot of grease and alcohol.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#3 Laylariciouse

Laylariciouse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

Well as far as my skin is concerned...eggs...milk..seafoods..sugar.. Turns my skin to an acne arena!! God!!

#4 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

Food intolerances are on a case by case basis but a good and simple place to start it to cut out dairy, fried food and to up your intake of green veggies. If you're adventurous, you could try cutting down on simple carbs for a while (bread, cereal, etc) and stick to more complex ones such as root vegetables, brown rice, quinoa, etc

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#5 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

We're all in this together.

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

High glycemic, nutritionally void meals and drinks plus whatever you have an intolerance for.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#7 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

For bright skin (not necessarily helpful for acne) a couple things have always helped me. One is cod liver oil. It just makes me look good (though again it does little for my acne). Oil pulling with coconut oil has also made me look good, but results take longer to see. Whiter teeth after about a week of oil pulling first thing in the morning, and softer skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users