What Foods Cause Acne And Darker Skin? What Foods Help Skin Stay Claer And Bright?

7 posts in this topic

I want clear and brighter skin, what foods should i eat?

I dont want acne, blemishes, or my skin to go drak/dull, what food should i not eat?

I try to stay away from the usual suspects of acne causing foods. Now I have no idea if there really is any connection to food causing acne but I do avoid some foods. I try to stay away from dairy, sugar, anything with a lot of grease and alcohol.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Lotion + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Medication:

• Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo
  • Meftormin 500mg

Supplements:
  • Vitamin D - 2000 I.U/day
  • Zinc - 50mg/day

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. ---

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. ---

This is my two year update on The Regimen and the products I have used ---

Food intolerances are on a case by case basis but a good and simple place to start it to cut out dairy, fried food and to up your intake of green veggies. If you're adventurous, you could try cutting down on simple carbs for a while (bread, cereal, etc) and stick to more complex ones such as root vegetables, brown rice, quinoa, etc

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

High glycemic, nutritionally void meals and drinks plus whatever you have an intolerance for.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

For bright skin (not necessarily helpful for acne) a couple things have always helped me. One is cod liver oil. It just makes me look good (though again it does little for my acne). Oil pulling with coconut oil has also made me look good, but results take longer to see. Whiter teeth after about a week of oil pulling first thing in the morning, and softer skin.