#1 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

You know, they're kinda scabby, kinda healing, dry skin, but if you rub off the dry skin, it will weep/ooze/recrust.  If you leave the crust on, it is too rough for makeup to go over it.  What do you ladies do for these?

(I am not a picker - most times, they break open on their own.)

#2 Someclearday

Someclearday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

I moisturize really well, take a kabuki brush with pressed powder and press it all over. The moisture helps it adhere and it will settle in and look for natural throughout he day. Then I take a smaller brush and using the same powder press over individual spots for extra coverage.hope this help!
Morning:Cerave foaming face wash in shower. Moisturize with Cerave/ derm cream samples. Pur Minerals foundation, original formula.
Night: Cerave face wash and Clarisonic every 3 days or so for exfoliation.
Internally: 40mg of Accutane started 3/16/13! 80mg started 4/15...DONE 8/19/13! OTC bcp blaahhh:/ Try to eat as healthy as I can and balance stress levels.
Please let it stay!

#3 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

I moisturize really well, take a kabuki brush with pressed powder and press it all over. The moisture helps it adhere and it will settle in and look for natural throughout he day. Then I take a smaller brush and using the same powder press over individual spots for extra coverage.hope this help!

That's a good idea.  That's what I ended up doing.  It seems like trying to apply concealer is the problem and makes it more obvious, but powder doesn't have the same problem.  I also got a sample of some moisturizer and put it in my purse so that whenever it starts to look flaky again, I can repeat the process.

#4 Someclearday

Someclearday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Yeah it works for me especially with mineral make up. I use Pur minerals and its looks really natural and covers
Morning:Cerave foaming face wash in shower. Moisturize with Cerave/ derm cream samples. Pur Minerals foundation, original formula.
Night: Cerave face wash and Clarisonic every 3 days or so for exfoliation.
Internally: 40mg of Accutane started 3/16/13! 80mg started 4/15...DONE 8/19/13! OTC bcp blaahhh:/ Try to eat as healthy as I can and balance stress levels.
Please let it stay!

#5 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

You know, they're kinda scabby, kinda healing, dry skin, but if you rub off the dry skin, it will weep/ooze/recrust.  If you leave the crust on, it is too rough for makeup to go over it.  What do you ladies do for these?

(I am not a picker - most times, they break open on their own.)

My acne was like this too at one point. When I tried to cover it up with makeup you could see the nasty "colored" crusts poking through the foundation.

The best thing you can do is exfoliate (Once a week) in a buffing motion with a pad to remove the scabs, then apply moisturizer to soften up the skin (make your surface as smooth as possible) and in terms of putting on makeup I recommend using the beauty blender sponge. It applies makeup beautifully and you can specifically motion the sponge to cover over a raised pimple or scab by going around it with the point of the sponge to properly conceal it from every angle.

Edited by darkheart, 11 March 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#6 Roes797

Roes797

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My Youtube! :) Roes797

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Honestly, I just peel it off! :P then apply a tiny amount of jojoba oil or I exfoliate like crazy in that area either with a clarisonic, and facial cleansing brush (from sephora) or st.ives apricot scrub. But most of the time, I peel it.

#7 Ben Lee

Ben Lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm not a woman...

But I used to just peel them off, and keep pressing out all the crap out...   and then wash it with water.  Then put something such as clove oil or sulfur dot on the pimple to stop it from oozing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users