Photo

Antibiotics

vitamin vitamins vitamin a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 MB1983

MB1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:40 PM

Is it ok to take antibiotics with vitamin and mineral supplements? And will it help the antibiotics If I'm taking vitamin and mineral supplements? I found the antibiotics wernt really doing much, so I stopped and decided to take up vitamin and mineral supplements. Now I'm thinking about combinding the two. Any thoughts?

#2 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:43 PM

Buy a good source of mineral water like a good spring water. Only take take antibiotics if you are dieing and 99% of vitamin supplements are a scam and have negative side effects.

#3 word

word

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:10 PM

uh u shud like talk with ur doc, cuz i know ur not supposed to take zinc with tetracycline.. or shit cud happen i guess

#4 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:34 PM

if ur taking antibiotics u might want to look into taking probiotics with it so u don't kill all of the good bacteria
MY ROUTINE

AM
1) wash with paula's choice normal to oily cleanser
2) Napca mist from twinlab or the one from nuskin and spray many times to get a good layer of moisture.
3)Avalon organics revitalizing eye gel
4)Cory Minerals (I've found that the secret to cory is to use ur brush to really swirl it around to grind the powder down even finer than it is and then to tap off the excess and start off with thin layers and build.) i also will take a concealer brush and dab it on certain areas that i need to cover up more thickly and then use a bronzer with a big bronzer brush to blend. ( i use estee lauder bronze goddess). i use bronzer all over and this seems to even out everything.
5)Aquaphor for lips.

PM
1)Same PC N/O
2b)some nights I mask with aspirin mixed with milk of magnesia and nuetrogena clear pore cleanser mask in nose and chin area - to make mask i use a small spray bottle with distilled water that i always keep in my bathroom and i take about 8 aspirin in the palm of my hand and spray and mush with my fingers until it is a thick paste. i then add a drop of MOM and put a small amount of neut. clear pore cleanser mask. don't use mask every night.
3)Aubrey organics Vegecol toner
4)Spot treat w/ prosacea gel
5)same on eyes and lips as AM

#5 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:57 PM

Most antibiotics are not effective if you take them with calcium, so space the antibiotics at least 2hrs from the supps. Antiacids are the same story, calcium based or other metals no matter.I don't find vitamins or supps really help my skin, but I do feel healthier overall which makes a good diet with wise vitamin and mineral supplementation a good practice.

#6 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:43 AM

do probiotics work if you take calcium?
MY ROUTINE

AM
1) wash with paula's choice normal to oily cleanser
2) Napca mist from twinlab or the one from nuskin and spray many times to get a good layer of moisture.
3)Avalon organics revitalizing eye gel
4)Cory Minerals (I've found that the secret to cory is to use ur brush to really swirl it around to grind the powder down even finer than it is and then to tap off the excess and start off with thin layers and build.) i also will take a concealer brush and dab it on certain areas that i need to cover up more thickly and then use a bronzer with a big bronzer brush to blend. ( i use estee lauder bronze goddess). i use bronzer all over and this seems to even out everything.
5)Aquaphor for lips.

PM
1)Same PC N/O
2b)some nights I mask with aspirin mixed with milk of magnesia and nuetrogena clear pore cleanser mask in nose and chin area - to make mask i use a small spray bottle with distilled water that i always keep in my bathroom and i take about 8 aspirin in the palm of my hand and spray and mush with my fingers until it is a thick paste. i then add a drop of MOM and put a small amount of neut. clear pore cleanser mask. don't use mask every night.
3)Aubrey organics Vegecol toner
4)Spot treat w/ prosacea gel
5)same on eyes and lips as AM

#7 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:14 AM

Antibiotic abuse over time causes more acne, because it makes the flora of the intestines become overgrown with candida.

Derms should have lawsuits filed against them for doing this. It's the dumbest thing they do.

#8 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(gymrat7676 @ Oct 14 2004, 07:43 AM)
do probiotics work if you take calcium?

View Post

I have never heard that calcium interferes with probiotics, but I am not 100% certain.As far as antibiotic abuse, drug resistance is the the #1 reason not to overuse antibiotics. The bacteria develop immunity due to long term exposure to the drug/s.Each generation of bacteria mutate slightly to survive in the presence of the antibiotic. Eventually, the drug is useless because a colony can thrive even at max dosages of the drug/s.