Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:32 PM
Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:53 AM
BB creams unfortunately break a lot of people out as they sink into the pores more :/
First off I would say that you should apply a silicone based primer under ANY makeup you wear to create a barrier which prevents any irritating products from getting into the skin.
In terms of ingredients to avoid, I am a crazy non comedogenic freak. I avoid ANYTHING which contains pore clogging or irritating ingredients.
The worst things in cosmetics that make me break out are:
- Stearic Acid
- Cetyl / Cetearyl / Cetostearyl Alcohol
- Any types of Palm oil such as Ethylhexyl Palmitate or Palm Kernel Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Acohol denat (for your sensitive skin)
- Isopropyl Isostearate (one of the worst and most common offenders!)
- Isopropyl Myristate
- Myristyl Myristate
- Synthetic Lanolin
Those are just the main ones in makeup and moisturisers which are very bad. There are hundreds more but are far less common.
As a rule of thumb I generally avoid anything with the word alcohol or "stearic/stearate/stearyl" in it as they tend to be the ones that break me out most.
You can find a full list of ingredients that can cause/aggrivate acne here: http://www.zerozits....ect.htm#inglist
Since cutting out ALL comedogenic ingredients from my skincare routine, I have noticed my skin has cleared up by about 40% and that's only been over the course of a week.
Don't trust packaging saying that the product is Non-Comedogenic, because it nearly always contains an ingredient on that list.
It is often said that one or two ingredients from the list are okay and will not aggrivate acne, however I prefer to play it safe and avoid anything with it.
The only ingredient that is on that list that I DO use is Jojoba oil because it is widely disputed wether or not it is comedogenic, however it does not cause me any problems and actually reduces my acne + inflammation. You'll see that it is rated 0-2 on the scale for that reason.
If the comedogenic rating is below 2 then it should be okay as long as it's towards the end of the ingredients list.
P.S if you can't find the ingredients for a certain product anywhere then search it on drugstore.com as you can view the ingredients for almost everything there
Sorry for the long post!
- Avene Soapless Gel Cleanser
- Boots Time Delay AHA Toner
- Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum (homemade)
- Hazelnut oil with rosemary + clary sage (on acne prone areas)
- Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)
- SK:N Sunscreen SPF 30
- W7 Camera Ready Primer
- Lush Ultrabland + Washcloth
- Soap & Glory ULTIMELT Hot Cloth Cleanser + Washcloth
- Boots Time Delay AHA Toner
- Differin 0.1% cream
- Hazelnut oil with rosemary + clary sage (stops oil production)
- Vitamin C Serum (also homemade) OR
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum
Once/Twice a week:
- Green Clay Mask (+ salicylic acid)
- Exfoliate with No7 skin cleansing brush
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users