Photo

Most Embarrassing Acne Memory

acne adult acne hormonal acne cystic acne emotional side effects embarrassment oily skin

70 replies to this topic

#41 AmbitiousOne

AmbitiousOne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, listening to music, being surrounded by positivity and helping others

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Well I have hundreds of embarrassing acne memories, here are just a few that spring to mind:

When I was 13 we had to draw portraits of each other during art class, part of the activity involved each having a photo taken then it would be pot luck who sketched one another from our photos. I was very upset first of all about having to have my photo taken because at 13 I had not yet mastered make up application to cover my skin so happened to have a bare face for the pic, when it came out it was just as I feared: hundreds of red spots everywhere that were very noticable. I begged the person who ended up having to draw me not to include my spots in the art work but her and one of her friends said in a really bitchy way 'but we have to draw what we see ibiza1987'. Urgh how cruel is that? Afterwards our work was pinned up in the school corridoor, and my messed up skin was all included in the drawing of me. Ouch. Why?

My Dad used to make very cruel comments and constantly asked me 'what have you done to your face?' whilst looking at me in disgust. One time he even refused to eat his dinner with me sitting opposite because my inflamed face was apparently making him lose his appetite so he left the table and then cursed me for causing him to leave his dinner and ruining his day sad.png

My Nanny also made cruel comments, she told me I would never find anyone to love me due to the state of my face, she used to tell me I had acne because I was evil, other times she would tell me I must have a terrible diet for my skin to be in that state. She would go on and on and on about it and then rubbed it in about what perfect skin she's always had.

Another random one I just thought of: this boy on the school bus said to me really accusingly and aggressively in front of about 20 other people 'you've got loads of spots and you cover them up with make up, don't you?'

Also, one of my sisters friends once randomly said to me 'you've got spots on your face'. You don't say, duh! rolleyes.gif

Girl, honestly, i would rather have acne on my face that be a bitch like them and my aunt! Honestly, these people are so angry on the inside that they always need to bring us down. They are miserable people!

Why are there soooooooo many people like this though? I have had countless people say nasty things about my skin, are there that many awful people in the world or is it me? Does make me wonder sometimes!

Oh girl, there are more a**holes in this world than good people. You are right!!! I have no idea why they are so angry. I get it: life is tough but why put down others??? I don't know about you hun, but I noticed as I get older, I encounter more and more angry people.

#42 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:running, working out, natural living, house music, sunshine, fine dining, dogs, fashion, reading, travel

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Well I have hundreds of embarrassing acne memories, here are just a few that spring to mind:

When I was 13 we had to draw portraits of each other during art class, part of the activity involved each having a photo taken then it would be pot luck who sketched one another from our photos. I was very upset first of all about having to have my photo taken because at 13 I had not yet mastered make up application to cover my skin so happened to have a bare face for the pic, when it came out it was just as I feared: hundreds of red spots everywhere that were very noticable. I begged the person who ended up having to draw me not to include my spots in the art work but her and one of her friends said in a really bitchy way 'but we have to draw what we see ibiza1987'. Urgh how cruel is that? Afterwards our work was pinned up in the school corridoor, and my messed up skin was all included in the drawing of me. Ouch. Why?

My Dad used to make very cruel comments and constantly asked me 'what have you done to your face?' whilst looking at me in disgust. One time he even refused to eat his dinner with me sitting opposite because my inflamed face was apparently making him lose his appetite so he left the table and then cursed me for causing him to leave his dinner and ruining his day sad.png

My Nanny also made cruel comments, she told me I would never find anyone to love me due to the state of my face, she used to tell me I had acne because I was evil, other times she would tell me I must have a terrible diet for my skin to be in that state. She would go on and on and on about it and then rubbed it in about what perfect skin she's always had.

Another random one I just thought of: this boy on the school bus said to me really accusingly and aggressively in front of about 20 other people 'you've got loads of spots and you cover them up with make up, don't you?'

Also, one of my sisters friends once randomly said to me 'you've got spots on your face'. You don't say, duh! rolleyes.gif

Girl, honestly, i would rather have acne on my face that be a bitch like them and my aunt! Honestly, these people are so angry on the inside that they always need to bring us down. They are miserable people!

Why are there soooooooo many people like this though? I have had countless people say nasty things about my skin, are there that many awful people in the world or is it me? Does make me wonder sometimes!

Oh girl, there are more a**holes in this world than good people. You are right!!! I have no idea why they are so angry. I get it: life is tough but why put down others??? I don't know about you hun, but I noticed as I get older, I encounter more and more angry people.

Yes you're right, the older people get the angrier they are! Oh and they seem to get more selfish too. And yeah I can understand people have their problems but that's no excuse to hurt others. I have loads of issues but am good to others! But most people in this world seem to be nasty and don't care who knows it, or the worst is when someone appears to be your friend at first then let you down later on. 

#43 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:the latest & future technology, singularity, new world order's agenda, alex jones show =) cool stuff like that. I also like seeing anime, action packed movies, getting platinum trophies on my ps3!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

ok I put this on the other thread called meanest thing said about your acne, but it fit's into this thread as well. So for me by far out of all the years I've had acne the most embarrassing moment has to be the three times I went to the airport. Not once, or twice but three times! each a year apart and always in the summer, i'd go visit my dad who lives up north and spend my vacation's with him. The first time I went I was 15 years old at the time, then 16 and finally 17 is when I took my last trip. the airport happen to be the biggest and most busy one in America LOL, what luck right? in case your wondering it's the airport of Atlanta Georgia, very nice from the inside. I would have had a great time that is if my face hadn't looked like it was rub over by a freaking train -_-. well the experience was similar the three times I went I could remember my heart racing in just the thought of having to walk around all those people. all those eyes looking at me judging me every steep of the way the first time I did it I kind of has an out of body experience lol. my body was at the airport but my mind wasn't, I was like a robot or something. the second time I remember going to the bathroom hiding in there until it was time to board the plane. on both occasion they where people talking about me I could hear them, and then I would look around to find them staring at me some with discus others with pity. but you know what after every time I went threw with it I'd always feel like I could do anything afterwards, because I had done what for me was incredibly daunting. the third time I went I still got that feeling of anxiousness but because I had already done it before I didn't feel as bad. in part because my face had improved somewhat and  because it was nothing new to me, I remember having a fuck it attitude and not really giving a dame about it that time after I had done, I had that feeling again of being able to do anything lol. I may need to do it again just for that haha, I got a real rush out of it even though I was taking all the emotional and mental punches along the way. I heard just about every name calling/noise and got every type of look from people you can get out of those three trips lol. it made me relies people are shit, no doubt in my mind. I don't blame them though they don't know any better, I understand that now...   

#44 AmbitiousOne

AmbitiousOne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, listening to music, being surrounded by positivity and helping others

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

ok I put this on the other thread called meanest thing said about your acne, but it fit's into this thread as well. So for me by far out of all the years I've had acne the most embarrassing moment has to be the three times I went to the airport. Not once, or twice but three times! each a year apart and always in the summer, i'd go visit my dad who lives up north and spend my vacation's with him. The first time I went I was 15 years old at the time, then 16 and finally 17 is when I took my last trip. the airport happen to be the biggest and most busy one in America LOL, what luck right? in case your wondering it's the airport of Atlanta Georgia, very nice from the inside. I would have had a great time that is if my face hadn't looked like it was rub over by a freaking train -_-. well the experience was similar the three times I went I could remember my heart racing in just the thought of having to walk around all those people. all those eyes looking at me judging me every steep of the way the first time I did it I kind of has an out of body experience lol. my body was at the airport but my mind wasn't, I was like a robot or something. the second time I remember going to the bathroom hiding in there until it was time to board the plane. on both occasion they where people talking about me I could hear them, and then I would look around to find them staring at me some with discus others with pity. but you know what after every time I went threw with it I'd always feel like I could do anything afterwards, because I had done what for me was incredibly daunting. the third time I went I still got that feeling of anxiousness but because I had already done it before I didn't feel as bad. in part because my face had improved somewhat and  because it was nothing new to me, I remember having a fuck it attitude and not really giving a dame about it that time after I had done, I had that feeling again of being able to do anything lol. I may need to do it again just for that haha, I got a real rush out of it even though I was taking all the emotional and mental punches along the way. I heard just about every name calling/noise and got every type of look from people you can get out of those three trips lol. it made me relies people are shit, no doubt in my mind. I don't blame them though they don't know any better, I understand that now...   

is your acne better now?  And yeah, I have come to the decision that people's mean stares would not bring me down any more :).

#45 Frank*L

Frank*L

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:MMA
    Just things in general I guess

Being cool with people

Trying to get through this thing called life man

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

having a group of people standing around me at work talking sh*t about my acne to each other as if I'm not even there as I had to wait in line for something. I felt like raging I was so close to slapping a b*tch. I kept my cool tho. But thats a major memory that always comes back to me when I get anxiety attacks or start feeling really down. That memory.

#46 kiwipops

kiwipops

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

Everyone posting in here gives me such strength! I have dealt with the stares and being surrounded by friends with flawless skin for years and it depresses me to no end. I have been asked by countless people why I wear so much make up and it takes all my efforts not to cry right then and there. There was a time where I left the house for nothing for months, literally. I was too embarrassed to see anyone for I felt so hideous and like a failure.

One very recent embarrassing moment for me was this New Years. I have a boyfriend who I love to no end (unfortunately he has yet to see me without makeup, I'm so scared) and he invited me to his house for a small party. I felt very under the weather and looked it too, but he wanted me to attend so I did. I dressed rather casual thinking I would have no one to impress and of course, I was broken out. We arrive and an hour later people start piling in. The girls were all gorgeous, dressed to the T with flawless skin. My boyfriend's best friend's girlfriend looked adorable, as always, with not one flaw. I felt so ugly and out casted, I did not want to meet anyone and when my boyfriend introduced me around I swear everyone looked at me like "Really? Her?" I was so humiliated. To top it off everyone kept coming up to my boyfriend's friend's girl and telling her how beautiful she was right in front of me, giving me a glance and looking away immediately. I wanted to walk out the door and not come back. Instead I went to my boyfriend's room, shut the door, turned off the lights and tried so hard not to cry myself to sleep.

As ugly as I feel, I feel worse for my boyfriend. To have a girlfriend with such bad skin? That must be so embarrassing. He tells me how beautiful I am everyday, but I am lying to him by wearing makeup. I have cancelled dates and lied to him saying I'm sick so I won't have to go out. Writing all this I want to cry. I know my skin will get better, but I fear once he sees the truth he won't wait around for that to happen. I know that if that happens that means he's not the right person for me, but I will be devastated and I won't get over it for a very, very long time.

Reading all these stories with people who share my pain gives me such a warm feeling inside. I'm not alone! I wish I could giveyou all hugs. :,)

#47 AmbitiousOne

AmbitiousOne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Everyone posting in here gives me such strength! I have dealt with the stares and being surrounded by friends with flawless skin for years and it depresses me to no end. I have been asked by countless people why I wear so much make up and it takes all my efforts not to cry right then and there. There was a time where I left the house for nothing for months, literally. I was too embarrassed to see anyone for I felt so hideous and like a failure.

One very recent embarrassing moment for me was this New Years. I have a boyfriend who I love to no end (unfortunately he has yet to see me without makeup, I'm so scared) and he invited me to his house for a small party. I felt very under the weather and looked it too, but he wanted me to attend so I did. I dressed rather casual thinking I would have no one to impress and of course, I was broken out. We arrive and an hour later people start piling in. The girls were all gorgeous, dressed to the T with flawless skin. My boyfriend's best friend's girlfriend looked adorable, as always, with not one flaw. I felt so ugly and out casted, I did not want to meet anyone and when my boyfriend introduced me around I swear everyone looked at me like "Really? Her?" I was so humiliated. To top it off everyone kept coming up to my boyfriend's friend's girl and telling her how beautiful she was right in front of me, giving me a glance and looking away immediately. I wanted to walk out the door and not come back. Instead I went to my boyfriend's room, shut the door, turned off the lights and tried so hard not to cry myself to sleep.

As ugly as I feel, I feel worse for my boyfriend. To have a girlfriend with such bad skin? That must be so embarrassing. He tells me how beautiful I am everyday, but I am lying to him by wearing makeup. I have cancelled dates and lied to him saying I'm sick so I won't have to go out. Writing all this I want to cry. I know my skin will get better, but I fear once he sees the truth he won't wait around for that to happen. I know that if that happens that means he's not the right person for me, but I will be devastated and I won't get over it for a very, very long time.

Reading all these stories with people who share my pain gives me such a warm feeling inside. I'm not alone! I wish I could giveyou all hugs. :,)

*Hugs girlie* Open up to him  whenever you feel ready!!! If he truly loves you he will be there for you. xoxo! We all went through such stories. You are not alone!

#48 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:the latest & future technology, singularity, new world order's agenda, alex jones show =) cool stuff like that. I also like seeing anime, action packed movies, getting platinum trophies on my ps3!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hello friend good for you I'm glad to hear it =) and yes it has gotten way better then what it was back then. but unfortunately it's still isn't to that point where I can be happy in my own skin. right now I'm mostly dealing with two issues dark marks and icepick scaring.

is your acne better now?  And yeah, I have come to the decision that people's mean stares would not bring me down any more smile.png.

#49 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Not really my most embarassing "acne" memory as it's not directly related to acne, but once I was walking in my neighborhood and a car passed by me and I heard a "Ewww". The dude probaby had his head out the window and yelled that at me. It happened so fast and it left me in a state of confusion/shock/surprise. I was the only one on that street so, yeah, pretty sure it was directed at me. .  :/  Plus I wasn;t wearing makeup, so, I dunno...maybed that played into it.

Again, I was walking somewhere else and there was a schoolbus with loads of kids in it and some of them had their heads out the windows. Some of them yelled at me 'HEY UGLY!!" and then they started singing the chorus of Rihanna's "You're beautiful like diamonds in the sky"...

So yeah, not completely related to acne, but sure as hell made me scratch my head at wether it's because of my scarred face...

#50 Nick Snover

Nick Snover

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Video games and movies.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Oh I got one, I went to summer camp during the worst period of my acne (5-6) big zits always on my face and horrible cystic acne on both sides of my jaw line. Anyways we had to play couples kick ball and I of course had to hurry before I got left out so I asked a few and got some rejections ,so finally there is one girl left and its between me and this other kid and she picks him...:( everyone saw me get rejected and one mofo I've mentioned in other posts told me I need to start working out.... wow thanks douche...

#51 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

There was one period where I was trying honey masks to help with inflammation. I would come home after school and apply it before work. Then my sister's friends all came over and I was sitting in my living room, slathered in honey. 

Very awkward. 

#52 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

There was one period where I was trying honey masks to help with inflammation. I would come home after school and apply it before work. Then my sister's friends all came over and I was sitting in my living room, slathered in honey. 

Very awkward. 

Haha, I had the same experience. I was staying in Mexico at a friend's relative place and I was in their guest room with my clay mask on, and one of the cousins came inside to introduce herself, but she was nice about it when she saw me and laughed in an understanding way,iif that makes sense.

More recently, today I went to Sephora to get a new concealer for my hyperpigmented scars and the employee tried it on for me but the lighting in the store was kinda bad so she suggested I go outside the store (since it was inside a mall, I had to go out in the middle of the mall with a lot of people walking there o.o ) so there I was looking at my scarred face with a handheld mirror with people walking around me. I felt like a  dumbass lol. 

#53 skindeepstory

skindeepstory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:Nutrition, Holistic Health, Yoga, Running, Hiking, Cooking, Movies, Music, Aesthetics, Skincare and Cosmetology

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

My acne has been in the forefront of my mind lately, even more than usual. I'm just now starting to get over a really horrible breakout on my chin. I'm trying some new products, I'm eating better, exercising more, all that good stuff. But my mind has been wandering through the last two decades of my life that acne has taken over, and I thought of something that happened when I was about 15 years old. It still makes me cringe, but I wanted to share it and encourage anyone else who stumbles upon this thread to share their "most embarrassing acne memory" smile.png

Oh my gosh.  Thank you for starting this forum RJT623!  And thanks for sharing your story.  Oh the perils of acne... I can definitely relate to your facial story. 

My most embarrassing acne story...ugh, I don't even want to think about it again because it was so tragic.  But, here goes.

A few years ago when my acne was severe with lots of whiteheads, I was working really long hours for my boss.  We worked out of her house.  My skin was so bad that if I felt a pimple in the morning, I knew it would turn into a full fledged giant honking whitehead by the end of the day.  On this particular day we were working so late that she insisted I go inside and eat dinner with her family.  I knew I had one pimple in particular that was in full fledged honking mode right on my cheek kind of by my mouth.  Every time I smiled I could feel it.  I really didn't want to be that close up and personal with her family while I looked like that.  But, I couldn't really get out of it.

Here is where it gets really embarrassing.  Throughout dinner I tried to ignore my face and the especially terrible whitehead which actually hurt at that point.  I remember we were just talking and eating dinner and her 3 year old son said "you have a booboo."  I immediately knew that the eating and talking had actually caused my pimple to pop!  Right at the dinner table.  O.M.Gaaaaaaawwwwlly!! 

I don't even remember how I handled it.  I think I just got up, went to the bathroom to get a tissue to blot the blood, and tried not to actually cry in front of anyone.  I felt like not only did I completely embarass myself, but I probably spoiled their dinner.  No one wants potatoes with a side of zit. 

Ugh...that was not fun to re-live.  But, I hope you folks enjoyed.  Oh the plague of acne!! 

I will say, despite how much I complain and get depressed about my skin, I am so grateful it has humbled me and made me a much better person.  If you can't laugh at your problems then all you'll do fester in your own self loathing.  I try to choose the former but I'll admit, sometimes I just need to fester. 

xo

Sierra

skindeepstory.wordpress.com

Oh I got one, I went to summer camp during the worst period of my acne (5-6) big zits always on my face and horrible cystic acne on both sides of my jaw line. Anyways we had to play couples kick ball and I of course had to hurry before I got left out so I asked a few and got some rejections ,so finally there is one girl left and its between me and this other kid and she picks him...sad.png everyone saw me get rejected and one mofo I've mentioned in other posts told me I need to start working out.... wow thanks douche...

Ugh, kids can be so mean.  This hurt my heart to read.  Here's to starting our own teams from here on out!  They're lucky if they get to join our awesomeness.

Edited by skindeepstory, 24 April 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#54 justinegabrielle

justinegabrielle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

I have many embarrassing stories.

I guess the usual, "Oh my god, what happened to your face?". And, "You have acne." (No shit??).

But one that I really remember was when I was babysitting these two little girls, my teacher's daughters. I have a lot of anxiety to start with so I was pretty anxious. You know, I'm in my teachers house babysitting her kids, I was so nervous. 

All was going pretty well, until one of the girls said,

"You have so many mosquito bites on your face."

I turned bright red and just could not say anything. I know she didn't mean any harm, she is just a kid. But she asked me that again later on in the evening and god, I wanted to die. I was so terribly afraid that after I left she would ask her mom why I had so many 'mosquito bites' on my face.

I think I have an even more embarrassing one but I think my mind erased it from my memory...for my own good.

However, I've had many pimple explosions happen in public. Hate when you realize that a zit is leaking and you just can't stop thinking about what the others might have been thinking. Absolutely unattractive.    

Edited by justinegabrielle, 24 April 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#55 vituperative

vituperative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

I'm the same with make up! The only people who have seen me make up free is my mum and grandma. No else is allowed to! lol.

My embarrassing moment was, when I was going through a really bad break out and had a cystic pimples in a few places. One was between my eyebrows and it was such a giant bump. I could have seen it in a mirror across the other side of the room. I had an event to go to, so a few days beforehand I got so fed up, I picked at it (BIG MISTAKE!) I ended up squeezing and squeezing and the mess came out. Unfortunately, I had squeezed so hard that a chunk of skin ripped off. The next morning I woke up to a giant dark red/black scab. It was excruciatingly painful and no cover up in the world covered it. I was so embarrassed at my event, it was more obvious and disgusting than the pimples on my face and it was so obvious what had happened. I have a big scar there now. That was the last time I ever picked.

#56 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm the same with make up! The only people who have seen me make up free is my mum and grandma. No else is allowed to! lol.

My embarrassing moment was, when I was going through a really bad break out and had a cystic pimples in a few places. One was between my eyebrows and it was such a giant bump. I could have seen it in a mirror across the other side of the room. I had an event to go to, so a few days beforehand I got so fed up, I picked at it (BIG MISTAKE!) I ended up squeezing and squeezing and the mess came out. Unfortunately, I had squeezed so hard that a chunk of skin ripped off. The next morning I woke up to a giant dark red/black scab. It was excruciatingly painful and no cover up in the world covered it. I was so embarrassed at my event, it was more obvious and disgusting than the pimples on my face and it was so obvious what had happened. I have a big scar there now. That was the last time I ever picked.

That's the big dilemma: to pick or not to pick? We end up losing the battle both ways. A huge cyst is just as bad looking as a huge scab from picking it :/ . Sometimes I'm thinking to myself whether I want  a bad pimple day or a bad scab day,and I just tell myself fuck it and try to squeeze it in hope that the cyst will go down...unfortunately, it scabs badly most of the time especially on my nose!

#57 vituperative

vituperative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

That's the big dilemma: to pick or not to pick? We end up losing the battle both ways. A huge cyst is just as bad looking as a huge scab from picking it :/ . Sometimes I'm thinking to myself whether I want  a bad pimple day or a bad scab day,and I just tell myself fuck it and try to squeeze it in hope that the cyst will go down...unfortunately, it scabs badly most of the time especially on my nose!

Honestly, I still do pick a bit but if I squeeze a bit and nothing happens, I leave it. I force myself to say, "I'll regret this if I continue".
I only squeeze when the pimple is almost about to burst. I know it's redundant to squeeze something one or two days before it's about to burst but I at least tell myself I won't do more self harm. Also, just like you, between the eyebrows and my nose scabs the worst - probably because of the lack of fat there, so it's very sensitive :\

#58 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Honestly, I still do pick a bit but if I squeeze a bit and nothing happens, I leave it. I force myself to say, "I'll regret this if I continue".
I only squeeze when the pimple is almost about to burst. I know it's redundant to squeeze something one or two days before it's about to burst but I at least tell myself I won't do more self harm. Also, just like you, between the eyebrows and my nose scabs the worst - probably because of the lack of fat there, so it's very sensitive :\

Yeah, when it's still hard, I don't touch it, but if it's really tender and I see a bit of white in it peeking through, I try to squeeze it hoping it will come out. 

#59 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy no matter what.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

My most painful memory was my first memory--I got acne early and a teacher at my gradeschool looked at me, made a face and the said, "whats that...?oh its just a pimple". Um did you really need to point that out? Masters of the Obvious, these people.

In junior high, two girls were in the bathroom and one of them said "do you have chicken pox"? I had like two red pimples on my chin. Bee-atches.

Luckily, thats the worst of it for me. I can believe a lot of you whose families say rude, ignorant things like "why dont you wash your face more?"...If someone in my  family ever said something rude I think Id rip them a new asshole. lol

#60 lifeisgoing

lifeisgoing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

I'm heading for the big 40 and I'm still suffering.  It's not as bad as it was but my skin is definitely not 'normal'.

Acne memories..

1. After school one time, before I even understood acne and what it was doing to me, another kid said "you're sweating, why are you sweating?".  I hadn't been doing anything strenuous, I couldn't understand it.  Later I came to realise it was my skin covered in oil.

2. When it was at its full cystic worst (before I'd been to the doc and tried Minocycline), aged about 17, my form tutor stood and examined my cheek like it was some sort of art exhibit and said to me "that's quite amazing" with a big smile on his face.  He was a bastard generally.

3.  Aged 25 at work, someone asked me why I had chocolate on the back of my shirt.  "Chocolate?" I said.  I had no idea.  When I checked it out in the bathroom mirror I realised it was a large burst zit that had dried blood into a half inch square in the middle of my back.  Stuck at work, I had to get through the day knowing that was on show.

4. Another time I'd had a bad zit right in the middle of my forehead and in a moment of desperation I tried toothpaste on it.  It came up bright red and at work I got asked if I'd joined the Sikhs.

Some stories here are hair-raising.  It chips away at self-confidence and it has ruined my life when I really sit and think about it.  I try not to do that but it enters my head from time to time.  My skin, mirrors and my self-image are still a daily concern.  People with normal skin don't know how lucky they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users