tretinoin blackheads non inflammatory acne

24 replies to this topic

#21 mirili

mirili

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hi everybody I just wanted to update you on my skin progress. I dont know if I can call it progress though.

My skin is really weird these last weeks. I just cant figure out what is wrong. If the bcp i talked about in my previous post is the culprit or if locacid is just purging my skin. I dont even get big or inflamed pimples but I get these really tiny blackheads everywhere. I  dont know what to do with it. I tried picking them and i couldnt even get anything out of them. If there was some sebum it was just a tiny bit. I think I need to get my hands of my face andjust wait. If things become worse I am going to switch my bcp because I feel like that is the culprit but I am not sure yet.

Sorry for the very confusing update but thats how I am rifght now, really confused

#22 Dee3

Dee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

hey keep at it, retinoids DO work but it takes alot longer than 3 months. id say keep with the topical for another 3 months then u will reli see the magic :) x

#23 mirili

mirili

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Hello, sorry for not posting for such a long time but I have been studying for finals.

I know retinoids can take a lot of time to work and I am always reminding myself that I have to be patient. My skin is not looking very good right now. Dont get me wrong it is not horrible big painful breakouts everywhere but it isnt clear either. I have had really bad breakout on my forehead and that is the place that I almost never breakout. Now there are healing scabs on my forehead and I also have one big pimple on my cheek. And a lot of clogged pores everywhere. Clogged pores are probably my biggest problem. I just cant get rid of them.

If there is one thing that locacid helped me with it is those under the skin bumps I dont get nearly any of them.

Hopefully my skin will get better soon.

Edited by mirili, 29 May 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#24 Dee3

Dee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

dont give up :)

have u tried adding zinc pills to ur regimen. i found it helped speed things up when i was starting out with my topical. the clogged pores will go but its probably the retinoid purging things out stage. keep in mind it can take up to 3-6 months to really get out of this stge, but results are worth the wait. btw, is your skin getting smoother?

#25 mirili

mirili

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

Oh thank you for all the support.You are very sweet. Actually my skin is really smooth, it started being smooth from week 1. I am really happy for that. I know I have to be patient. Locacid is helping me but it takes a lot of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users