Photo

22, Female, First Time On Accutane!

accutane first time female twenties

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#41 HeftyMug

HeftyMug

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wow you got awesome results! Congrats!!

#42 electricbetty

electricbetty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

UPDATE!!!! One year on...

Hello so I have decided to post a few photos of my skin as it has been a year since I took my last dose of Roaccutane...

I have been very lucky with my skin in the past 12 months, I've had a couple of 'spots' in the basic sense but nothing cystic, which is what I suffered from before.

I am taking the combined contraceptive pill Yasmin to stave off the bad skin again - I'm not risking it, despite the side-effects - and using soap-free cleansers and no harsh chemicals because I have been getting quite bad dermatitis on my face around my nose and mouth. This was caused by my skin being very sensitive after taking Roaccutane, so this is a word of warning for anyone coming off the drug. I use an Avene moisturiser and the Aloe vera foaming face wash from the Body Shop once a day, and remove any heavy makeup with coconut oil

I also had problems with hair loss when I was taking the drugs, this has now rectified one year on and my hair is back to normal! My nails are still very weak but I can live with that.

Good luck to anyone else on the treatment, it is worth it :) xoxo

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.png
  • 2.png
  • 3.png