Photo

Seriously Frustrated And Depressed...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 amygims

amygims

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Aww, hi I am new here. One thing I noticed right away: everyone is suffering a lot, everyone seems to respond differently to a degree but there are definitely similarities and obvious no-nos and positive experiences. I feel for you, the past two weeks I have barely been able to make myself leave the house, but I also have had to go and teach classes of beautiful fresh-faced young college kids while my own face was peeling, pussing, generally gross. It has been painful. Scary.... 

lillyholic yes exactly! Well I am one of those college kids except that I am not the traditional age for college and so I'm a bit older than most of my classmates (by about 4-8 yrs). And yet my skin looks like I'm about 16 right now! So frustrating and embarrassing. I am determined to not let it affect my school work though so I force myself to go to class, but most days I just wish we could have a virtual classroom or something. =/ 

#22 Tracy1971

Tracy1971

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

40yrs old female here. On week 9 of Accutane. So far it's the only thing that has worked. I am clear since week 6. Hoping it will be a permanent solution. No side effects except really bad back ache.

#23 amygims

amygims

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

40yrs old female here. On week 9 of Accutane. So far it's the only thing that has worked. I am clear since week 6. Hoping it will be a permanent solution. No side effects except really bad back ache.

Glad to hear that yours is clear. I just found out my derm misunderstood the whole iPledge 30 day wait. So she is just registering me today and I have to wait 30 days from today before I can even start now (she thought they based it on my pregnancy tests). =( I'm pretty upset. I mean I know it's just a delay, but still I was thinking that I was going to start sometime next week. *sigh*

#24 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

If your derm doesn't understand how ipledge works, I would find a new derm. She obviously doesn't prescribe accutane and you should have someone with knowledge about it.

#25 amygims

amygims

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

If your derm doesn't understand how ipledge works, I would find a new derm. She obviously doesn't prescribe accutane and you should have someone with knowledge about it.

Actually she does and has been practicing for over 30 years and has put many people on accutane but hasn't had a female patient on it in a while for whatever reason.

#26 argentanya

argentanya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

You may want to try Jason's Naturals Dandruff Shampoo - it has salicylic acid, sulphur, rosemary, olive and jojoba oils. I'm using it on my skin, and it's clearing me right up.

Edited by argentanya, 01 April 2013 - 10:39 AM.