Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kissmypineapple's Log

6 posts in this topic

So I've been messing with my regimen for a while (), and I'm going to really try to document my progress so I can figure out what works for me, instead of guessing. I'll be 30 in June, so I'm seriously over breaking out.

Right now my regimen will be:

AM

Cleanse - Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (though I may need to switch to the one for dry skin)

Tone - 1:1 ACV & water toner

Moisturize - Cerave AM Facial Moisturizer

Makeup

PM

Cleanse - Pond's cold cream

Tone - 1:1 ACV & water toner

Treate - Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid

Moisturize - Cerave PM Facial Moisturizer

Taking Fish Oil supplement.

I was using BHA morning and night, but I purged so badly, and my skin felt super dry. When I was just using Pond's & ACV morning and night, my skin felt really soft and healthy, but I still get pimples on my chin, so I felt like I needed to add a "treatment," hence the BHA. I'm also considering switching my moisturizer to just vegetable glycerine and water, to keep things extra simple, but we'll see.

Any suggestions?

For reference, here's my skin's starting point (forgive the dark under eye circles, etc., haven't showered, brushed my hair...):

post-202473-0-23702000-1362248664.jpgpost-202473-0-53980400-1362248665_thumb.post-202473-0-51222100-1362248666_thumb.post-202473-0-77284100-1362248667.jpg

post-202473-0-23702000-1362248664.jpg

post-202473-0-53980400-1362248665_thumb.

post-202473-0-51222100-1362248666_thumb.

post-202473-0-77284100-1362248667.jpg

The fact that a large amount of your acne is on your chin makes me think there may be a hormonal component. What are you doing to address your insides? Diet? Supplements? Hormonal Treatments?

Regimen sounds simple enough

Keep us posted

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

The fact that a large amount of your acne is on your chin makes me think there may be a hormonal component. What are you doing to address your insides? Diet? Supplements? Hormonal Treatments?

Regimen sounds simple enough

Keep us posted

You're smart for trying only 1 thing at a time. Birth Control sucks and i had my own nightmare with it so never again. Have you thought about Spiro or paleo (supposedly diet can help to regulate hormones)? I feel you about the chin acne as before my acne spread, it was mostly on my chin and mouth area.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

You're smart for trying only 1 thing at a time. Birth Control sucks and i had my own nightmare with it so never again. Have you thought about Spiro or paleo (supposedly diet can help to regulate hormones)? I feel you about the chin acne as before my acne spread, it was mostly on my chin and mouth area.

Before I started my log, I had tried epsom salts on my skin, and about a week into that was when I started getting the big cystic pimples. I had also added a little tea tree oil to my ACV toner, and a month ago started using Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. When I started the BHA liquid, my skin started to break out, but I thought I was purging. After a month of the purging never stopping, I took that out. I stopped with the epsom salts, and the tea tree oil made my skin feel even more sensitive than usual, so I stopped that as well. In the meantime, though I thought I washed out the bottle I was using for the ACV toner, it still smelled a little of tea tree, and my skin still felt irritated, so I have stopped toning.

I also got really, really depressed about my chin, so I dug out some old tubes of Finacea and Retin-A micro. I had a bad IB a year or so ago with the Retin-A, so I'm phasing it in really slowly, and made an appt with a derm. I'm sort of disappointed, because when I first started simplifying my regimen, my skin felt so good. Soft and healthy and glowing. I added so many things, and my skin is still recovering. It's super dry, and adding the medications doesn't help.

Right now, I am washing AM & PM w/ a mixture of cetaphil & ponds, b/c even a washcloth to get the ponds off felt too harsh. I will switch back to cetaphil in the morning and ponds w/o cetaphil at night, when my chin is a little more calm and a washcloth isn't going to irritate it. After that, I am not toning, but then putting on the CeraVe moisturizer. At night, I wait 20 minutes after patting my skin dry, and then put a teensy amount of the Retin-A on. I am on a three day cycle of Retin-A, then the next night Finacea, and then a night off. My skin is DRY, but it is healing. Slowly, but healing.

I'm hoping in a week or so, my skin will be calm enough to re-introduce the ACV toner, but maybe at a 1:3 ACV to water ratio, instead of 1:1, since I already have an exfoliant at night. It just made my skin so ridiculously soft, and I felt like my moisturizer worked better when I was using it.

I'm going to try to update once a week, and do photos once a month to track my progress.