#41 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

I can't wait either! smile.png

Day 71

More side effects are definitely starting to show up, could be from the increased dosage but i'm gonna be a warrior and not ask to come down. I want this course to be as quick as possible. But as far as the new side effects I'm definitely experiencing lower back pain and I get random sharp pain in my elbow joints mainly. I've started taking fish oil and joint juice that will hopefully help that out!

Also wondering, is it true accutane works from the top down? It seems like it's working well on my face so far, but my neck and the little bit I have on my mid-chest hasn't improved. Just a random thought

Edited by Tyrean, 07 May 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#42 readytolive

readytolive

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

funny you are asking if it works from the top down bc I was wondering the opposite! lol my chest and back acne are nonexistent now on day 37 and my face acne hasn't changed at all. so i guess its different for everyone!

#43 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

readytolive: interesting for sure. guess it does work differently for everyone!

Day 81

My acne's still clearing slowly but surely, face looks much better than it did. The only problem is, my elbow joints have been KILLING me, today especially. I've been drinking joint juice, taking fish oil, just seems like they're not helping anymore. I really don't want to lower my dose and I don't know what to do dontgetit.gif  i keep hoping its just a phase and it'll pass. Before taking this medication my elbow joints have always been kinda bad because I would always pop them as a kid, so now I have to deal with the consequences of them being slightly weak where I'm at today. Makes sense that this medication would multiply the pain, guess I'm just gonna see where the pain level is in a day or so.

But yeah as far as pain, I was planning on playing basketball tonight but there's no way I could, it hurts to the point of bending my arm so shooting the ball would be practically impossible. 

#44 txngrl

txngrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

I can't wait either! smile.png

Day 71

More side effects are definitely starting to show up, could be from the increased dosage but i'm gonna be a warrior and not ask to come down. I want this course to be as quick as possible. But as far as the new side effects I'm definitely experiencing lower back pain and I get random sharp pain in my elbow joints mainly. I've started taking fish oil and joint juice that will hopefully help that out!

Also wondering, is it true accutane works from the top down? It seems like it's working well on my face so far, but my neck and the little bit I have on my mid-chest hasn't improved. Just a random thought

My son is on day 46 and his derm says yes, it works from the top down.  His forehead is the clearest part of his face now, when it used to be the worst.  It definitely seems to be clearing from top down.  His neck is worse than it ever was, with many more cysts, sort of like yours.   Chest/back are another story altogether :(

Hope you have a positive experience and it clears you :)    

#45 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

My son is on day 46 and his derm says yes, it works from the top down.  His forehead is the clearest part of his face now, when it used to be the worst.  It definitely seems to be clearing from top down.  His neck is worse than it ever was, with many more cysts, sort of like yours.   Chest/back are another story altogether sad.png

Hope you have a positive experience and it clears you smile.png    

Yeah I think that's how it is for most, guess it could work differently for everyone. And my forehead is also the clearest, although it never got much acne to begin with. My neck is definitely the worst part right now as well, but tell him to keep trudging through because I heard month 3/4 are the real turnaround months.

Thanks, and best of luck with his course as well!

#46 txngrl

txngrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

My son is on day 46 and his derm says yes, it works from the top down.  His forehead is the clearest part of his face now, when it used to be the worst.  It definitely seems to be clearing from top down.  His neck is worse than it ever was, with many more cysts, sort of like yours.   Chest/back are another story altogether sad.png

Hope you have a positive experience and it clears you smile.png    

Yeah I think that's how it is for most, guess it could work differently for everyone. And my forehead is also the clearest, although it never got much acne to begin with. My neck is definitely the worst part right now as well, but tell him to keep trudging through because I heard month 3/4 are the real turnaround months.

Thanks, and best of luck with his course as well!

Ahhh, I hope you're right about month 3/4!  If that's the case, I can't wait for those months!  Halfway through the 2nd month, and it's so hard to be patient.  I took Accutane myself as a teen (many years ago) and I wish I could remember when it really started to clear, but it was so long ago that I cannot remember those types of details.  I should have kept a log or a diary.  But that was way back in the old days- the 80s  :D

The main thing I do remember is being so happy and relieved to be so much improved.  So, it was a good experience for me.  And I haven't had any ill health effects from it to this day.

I'm hoping my son will 'inherit" the same positive experience with the drug.  I am not in favor of prescription drugs, but rather prefer natural treatments.  But after trying so so sooo many other things, this was the last resort.  Severe cystic acne can be so brutally devastating to one's psyche.

Keep us posted! 

#47 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Day 93

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't updated in a while! So I just finished 3 months and got back from my doctor. He likes the progress a lot and thinks this month will be the real magic month, I really hope so. From the attached pictures it looks like my face still has a ton of acne but in reality there's actually little to no active acne on my face, it's all red marks and leftover redness... which brings me to the question why am I so different? haha, I look around at other logs and no one seems to have this crazy redness I have, it's really starting to scare me/makes me think I'll have this forever...

Other than that, I do still have acne on my neck but hopefully that'll go down in a couple of weeks. ALSO, I had a ton of blackheads on my chest as well as acne and my doctor decided to extract a bunch of that, it looks really gross right now but hopefully it looks better soon lol. Back acne has really cleared, pretty much nonexistent now so that's good, but that was never a real concern for me in the first place.

Side effects like the joint pain have decreased greatly so that's a plus as well! But yeah, really really concerned with this redness, just praying it goes down soon! It looks like you can see the blood straight through the thin skin.... ugh

jhyefqK.png

NfpL6s4.png

#48 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Second thought... could I have developed rosacea? saywhat.gif

#49 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I had a lot of redness after my first couple courses of accutane too.  It usually takes the redness a lot longer to fade than the acne.  It should resolve a lot 6-12 months after your accutane treatment.

#50 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

thanks richard! that's a bit reassuring even if I'll have to wait that long. As you can see from my starting pics before taking accutane I've never had this redness so this is all new and really weird to me. It is a bit unfortunate that it still looks like acne but I guess it's better than it actually not being acne right?

#51 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

well, the redness can't resolve until you stop getting fresh acne, so this is good!

#52 Lukatoll

Lukatoll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hey tyrean! Congrats on finishing month 3! I am also a 20 year old male on accutane finishing up month 2 now! I'm still getting pimples but less and feel like I'm definitely making progress. About your red marks, I too get those. Actually my acne looks a lot like yours. But it does seem to be fading bit by bit for me so I'm sure yours will too! If you want to check it out I have some pics in my log. It's under 20 year old/ male/ moderate acne. Good luck with the rest of the course!

#53 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hey lukatoll thanks, just checked out your thread and will be following your progress!

I also realized I haven't been drinking much water during my course but that's gonna change now. I'm gonna aim for 3+ liters of water a day, and even if it doesn't help with redness or acne it should still be good for my overall health!

#54 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

I should drink more water too... I definitely drink a lot of coffee and soda (some iced tea) but hardly any water.

#55 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Day 113

So nothing much new to report right now... have one or two small whiteheads on my face currently and other than that no actives, still have a lot of red marks however but those will fade eventually I hope. Neck and chest are also still improving. I was gonna wait til next week to update with officially 4 months done but I think I may be developing a weird rash on my arm and am a little concerned... I called my dermatology office and they said the doctor will give me a call back to see my options but my appointment is next Wednesday anyways. I just really don't want to lower my dosage because I was hoping I could be done after next month.

Here's a picture

2g9U1zL.jpg

If you look closely it almost looks like there's whiteheads on my arm and I have no idea what it could be. I know it COULD by dryness and I've been moisturizing it like crazy lately but it's been like this for about 3 days now. It's probably about 3 inches in length.

#56 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Try hydrocortisone

#57 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Is hydrocortisone a prescription I can get from my dermatologist?

#58 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

No, at least in America it's otc and marketed as anti-itch cream near the pharmacy.

#59 Tyrean

Tyrean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Thank you actually found some around the house!

#60 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Let me know how it goes, good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users