Does Omega 3 With Zinc Work For Acne?

5 replies to this topic

#1 simoneliu187

simoneliu187

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Does omega 3 with zinc supplement work for acne skin? Does anyone have a brand that they would recommend? Thx!

#2 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Quite a few people report that their acne gets worse with fish oil, so if you plan on getting your Omega 3 that way, be forewarned.  My son broke out terribly after 5 days on a good quality fish oil (1000 mg a day).

#3 simoneliu187

simoneliu187

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Thanks for the warning. I've never heard about omega 3 causing acne before. I am taking fish oil and had no problem with breakout getting worse. I want to use a supplyment instead of skin creams because my skin is getting quite sensitive after using doctor prescribed medicines. I heard omega 3 plus zinc works for ance but hopefully it wont cause breakout for me.

#4 random1

random1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:First and foremost not having acne.Reading, sometimes writing. Skateboarding. Discussing Harry Potter. Finding and listening to new music, going to concerts(\m/) and just being in the moment

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

The main reason people break out on fish oils is because alot of times they also come with Omega 6's and 9's, which DO cause breakouts. However, if you find a fish oil with Omega-3's isolated, you should be just fine. As far as zinc goes I just say personally the results aren't dramatic, they are more of just an extra push once you've got a solid regimen down. Also I should say alot of people (me included) frequently quote zinc supplements as giving horrible nausea

Edited by random1, 05 March 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Morning

light wash with Acne.org cleanse

Aveeno Daily SPF 15

Aczone (As only spot treatment)

Supplements

1000mg Omega-Complex

Night

Shower

medium wash with Acne.org Cleanser

Medium application of Aczone

layer of Acne.org lotion

Evening Supplements

50mg Zinc

#5 willtowin

willtowin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

i take fish oil and zinc supplements as well, more for a holistic approach, had some good results but hard to pinpoint which one did what. But what i have noticed is zinc oxide, applied topically (sunscreen ingredient) helped dried out my breakouts.

#6 simoneliu187

simoneliu187

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

I am taking collegen for my skin as well. I started for 2~3 days and then I stopped. I have some questions about taking it with food or with an empty stomach.

I am still looking for a good supplement to take to replace the collegen.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users