Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simoneliu187

Does Omega 3 With Zinc Work For Acne?

6 posts in this topic

Quite a few people report that their acne gets worse with fish oil, so if you plan on getting your Omega 3 that way, be forewarned. My son broke out terribly after 5 days on a good quality fish oil (1000 mg a day).

Thanks for the warning. I've never heard about omega 3 causing acne before. I am taking fish oil and had no problem with breakout getting worse. I want to use a supplyment instead of skin creams because my skin is getting quite sensitive after using doctor prescribed medicines. I heard omega 3 plus zinc works for ance but hopefully it wont cause breakout for me.

The main reason people break out on fish oils is because alot of times they also come with Omega 6's and 9's, which DO cause breakouts. However, if you find a fish oil with Omega-3's isolated, you should be just fine. As far as zinc goes I just say personally the results aren't dramatic, they are more of just an extra push once you've got a solid regimen down. Also I should say alot of people (me included) frequently quote zinc supplements as giving horrible nausea

Morning

light wash with Acne.org cleanse

Aveeno Daily SPF 15

Aczone (As only spot treatment)

Supplements

1000mg Omega-Complex

Night

Shower

medium wash with Acne.org Cleanser

Medium application of Aczone

layer of Acne.org lotion

Evening Supplements

50mg Zinc

i take fish oil and zinc supplements as well, more for a holistic approach, had some good results but hard to pinpoint which one did what. But what i have noticed is zinc oxide, applied topically (sunscreen ingredient) helped dried out my breakouts.

I am taking collegen for my skin as well. I started for 2~3 days and then I stopped. I have some questions about taking it with food or with an empty stomach.

I am still looking for a good supplement to take to replace the collegen.