toner the regimen oily skin

4 replies to this topic

#1 Thewlisian

Thewlisian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hello! I've been on the regimen for a year and a half or more now. I'm pretty clear as far as breakouts are concerned but I still have blackheads and clogged pores. I was thinking of adding in a toner since my skin is pretty oily anyway. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this idea!

#2 armadillo

armadillo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

All toners do is remove all traces of the cleanser and balance the pH of your skin, ready for treatments. It won't help with the blackheads/clogged pores. You need to use a BHA/AHA lotion/cream to get rid of them. You can order the AHA that comes with the Regimen.

#3 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

Hello! I've been on the regimen for a year and a half or more now. I'm pretty clear as far as breakouts are concerned but I still have blackheads and clogged pores. I was thinking of adding in a toner since my skin is pretty oily anyway. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this idea!

I used the Witch Hazel toner for a while, but it did make my skin even drier. I agree with using the AHA. It has been so good for my skin without making it dry.

#4 tuddyt

tuddyt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:just a regular guy.no kids italian, south philly,family. try to take care of myself.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

i'm brand new here but fortunately for my face i've been washing it a long time. i believe toner has a place in facial care. although i'm not so sure after being on the Regimen for a week. i dont have a specific answer for your question but i wold love to hear some thoughts on the use of toner from the community

#5 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

If you're following the regimen, avoid toner like the plague.  It will just add further irritation.  I agree with the above posters, try AHA.  It really helped with my blocked pores.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users