Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thewlisian

The Regimen & Toner For Oily Skin

5 posts in this topic

Hello! I've been on the regimen for a year and a half or more now. I'm pretty clear as far as breakouts are concerned but I still have blackheads and clogged pores. I was thinking of adding in a toner since my skin is pretty oily anyway. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this idea!

I love Keane,Harry Potter,Lemony Snicket/Daniel Handler,Doctor Who,Jane Austen and being free of acne!

All toners do is remove all traces of the cleanser and balance the pH of your skin, ready for treatments. It won't help with the blackheads/clogged pores. You need to use a BHA/AHA lotion/cream to get rid of them. You can order the AHA that comes with the Regimen.

Finished Tetralysal on 12/04/13

Quinoderm 10 once a week

Gedarel 30/150 as current treatment.

Hello! I've been on the regimen for a year and a half or more now. I'm pretty clear as far as breakouts are concerned but I still have blackheads and clogged pores. I was thinking of adding in a toner since my skin is pretty oily anyway. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this idea!

I used the Witch Hazel toner for a while, but it did make my skin even drier. I agree with using the AHA. It has been so good for my skin without making it dry.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing LotionĀ + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Medication:

• Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo
  • Meftormin 500mg

Supplements:
  • Vitamin D - 2000 I.U/day
  • Zinc - 50mg/day

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. ---

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. ---

This is my two year update on The Regimen and the products I have used ---

i'm brand new here but fortunately for my face i've been washing it a long time. i believe toner has a place in facial care. although i'm not so sure after being on the Regimen for a week. i dont have a specific answer for your question but i wold love to hear some thoughts on the use of toner from the community

If you're following the regimen, avoid toner like the plague. It will just add further irritation. I agree with the above posters, try AHA. It really helped with my blocked pores.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.