Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burning Face

5 posts in this topic

Im on my second week of the regimen and everytime i moisturize my face is one fire!! ( increased the amount and am using bp twice a day) Should i keep with the twice a day or go back to once a day.

Im on my second week of the regimen and everytime i moisturize my face is one fire!! ( increased the amount and am using bp twice a day) Should i keep with the twice a day or go back to once a day.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Lotion/Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20

The Balm Sexy Mama Translucent Power

Smashbox Photoset Pressed Power in Light
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fuide in Cashew

- Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)

- Eyecream: Clinique All About Eyes
- Medication: Diane 35
Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. ---

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. ---

This is my two year update on The Regimen and the products I have used ---

Burning and itchiness is perfectly normal, but you have to be careful. If you've upped your dose to twice a day, make sure that you're only using a small amount each time, and not the full two pumps. In the 3rd week, you can start to increase the amount of BP now that you're applying twice a day. Good luck!

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

This is exactly how I'm feeling! It's only after I apply my facial moisturizer that it begins to burn. I cleanse, tone, apply the BP, and then moisturize (SPF during the day, then separate night one). I'm concerned there's a reaction between the BP and my moisturizer. After reading this, it really helps and maybe I should just stick with it too :)

MORNING
STEP 1 - Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
STEP 2 - Acne.org Moisturizer + Acne.org Jojoba Oil
NIGHT
STEP 1 - Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
STEP 2 - Acne.org Jojoba Oil
STEP 3 - Acne.org 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
STEP 4 - 1/2 Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10% Glycolic AHA + 1/2 Acne.org Moisturizer + Acne.org Jojoba Oil
EXTRAS
- Humidifier in bedroom running throughout the night (fall/winter only)
- Zinc tablet daily after dinner

I used to hate it when the Bp dried because I then knew it was time to apply the moisturizer and I dreaded the resulting burn. But it DOES pass. I found just when it started getting unbearable and I was thinking of quiting, suddenly I started to clear, my face became less red and it didn't burn anymore. All within a few days of me almost reaching the end of my willpower to keep going.

1 person likes this

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.