Photo

Meals/recipes To Make With Foods On My Shopping List? Need To Change Things Up...

No replies to this topic

#1 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Singing, hiking, art, music, piano, feminism, blogging, veganism, loving my pets, learning to love myself and be happy :)

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

It would be really helpful if people could post some creative meal ideas with the foods I can buy at the grocery store and stuff I should have in my cabinets at home already. I know there are already really great recipes in this forum, but a lot of them require me getting stuff at the grocery store that I can't get either because my mom is not willing to buy it, or I can't simply because we don't frequent the grocery store very often. Needless to say, my parents aren't very supportive of my healthy diet; they think buying frozen meals is better because they are cheaper. *sigh* Anyways, I'm getting really bored eating the same things, so any ideas on how to spice things up? Here is my current grocery list:

bananas

humus

baby carrots

bag of spinach

frozen berries

broccoli

avocado

frozen veggies

almond milk

asparagus (sometimes)

cucumbers (sometimes)

kale

apples

grapes

sunflower seeds

quinoa

plain yogurt

celery (sometimes)

plain oatmeal

wild brown rice

onions (sometimes)

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users