new member makeup

1 reply to this topic

#1 txroz

txroz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hello everyone.  My name is Roz and I'm from TX.  As a teenager, I never had acne.  I had the most flawless skin I must admit.  I got a pimple every once in awhile, but that was few and far in between.  Well, I hit my adult years and now I think I'm going through puberty for the first time!  It's really hard because I never had this issue.  I hardly ever wore makeup and now I won't go out of the house without it.  I found this website while doing some research.  I've spent so much money over the last year and a half on dermatologist until I can even begin to tell you how much!  And I think one of them was a pervert.  Why would a dermatologist have you get completely undressed (except for underwear) and put on a gown???  The crap is on my face and no where else and I told him that!  Anyway, I found another one to go to.  I have tried all kinds of prescription oral meds, creams, gels, etc.  They really didn't work all that well.  I was told I had hormonal acne and it's the deep cysts.  After I had tried so many other things, he revisted accutane with me again which I do not want to take.  That's when I found acne.org.  I have been using the regime for almost 3 weeks now and I must say this is the best my face and skin has looked and felt in a couple of years.  I had some really deep cysts along my jawline when when I started.  They have cleared up faster than with the meds! They are not sore, raised and red any longer and not alot of scarring as I usually have.  Once I have this under control,  I would really like to work on all the acne scarring that was left behind. 

Well that is my story and again I'm glad I found acne.org.

Roz

#2 Skinnylove89

Skinnylove89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 25
About Me
  • Interests:...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hi Roz! We share similar histories. I am new here too and really excited to build a support system. Acne can be so isolating! I also had really clear skin as a teen, and now, at 23, I've been battling cystic/hormonal acne for about 5 years. I also don't like to leave the house without makeup, and wearing so much makeup makes me really uncomfortable, but it's the lesser of two evils. I am happy to hear the retiming is working for you, good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users