Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esthetician And Former Acne Sufferer

3 posts in this topic

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Haeley and I am a NYS licensed Esthetician. I became an esthetician after attending school for cosmetology and working in the beauty industry for about 5 years. Around that time I noticed my true passion for skin care and went back to school for advanced esthetics and medical esthetics. I have been practicing since 2009. In my late teens and early 20s I suffered from cystic acne. After years of battling it and finally overcoming it I became very interested in helping others overcome this issue (and to be honest learn as much about it as I could to help myself keep it away). I have learned how to work in partnership with dermatologists to recommend and implement daily routines for others to help reduce acne and its scarring and other complaints. I am eager to start chatting with everyone here and help increase everyones knowledge about what to look for when choosing their own skin care and what to look for when adding a skin care professional to your team. I also look forward to learning more from everyone here about what works and what doesnt in order to better serve my clients needs.

3 people like this

welcome! i am happy to see you on here and am interested to hear what works for cystic acne as well as scarring. i am on spiro now but still getting some small breakouts here and there and would like to know what would work for those too. i use benzaclin and my derm wants me to use a retinoid as well but my skin cannot tolerate them. any ideas on products to keep the pores clear? i am allergic to salicyclic acid and mandelic acid makes my acne turn into cysts for some reason. i used it in the past with no issues but for some reason it just makes things worse now. i am interested in any tips you have for this. thanks again!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Haeley and I am a NYS licensed Esthetician. I became an esthetician after attending school for cosmetology and working in the beauty industry for about 5 years. Around that time I noticed my true passion for skin care and went back to school for advanced esthetics and medical esthetics. I have been practicing since 2009. In my late teens and early 20s I suffered from cystic acne. After years of battling it and finally overcoming it I became very interested in helping others overcome this issue (and to be honest learn as much about it as I could to help myself keep it away). I have learned how to work in partnership with dermatologists to recommend and implement daily routines for others to help reduce acne and its scarring and other complaints. I am eager to start chatting with everyone here and help increase everyones knowledge about what to look for when choosing their own skin care and what to look for when adding a skin care professional to your team. I also look forward to learning more from everyone here about what works and what doesnt in order to better serve my clients needs.