Photo

Let's Connect - Anyone Else From Nyc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hey guys!  As all of you know, having acne, no matter how mild or moderate it is, can be a daunting thing.  It can lead us to isolate ourselves and contribute to our already fragile self esteem. It becomes especially hard dealing with it when it seems that everyone around you has passed that stage.   I personally find that knowing or being able to be around people with acne makes me feel less self conscious and somewhat at home.  This had me thinking that maybe there were other people out there who felt the same as i did.

So what do i propose?  Not sure exactly but was wondering if anyone from the NYC area would be interested in forming a local support group (both online and in person) where we could discuss all things acne but also just get to know new people who share something in common (acne) and can relate to the feelings that come along with that.

As i said, just something that i was thinking about

Edited by Sasch83, 25 February 2013 - 09:46 PM.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#2 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I would be interested if I was there. But I live way down South. Good luck though! You won't necessarily find people locally on this forum but I imagine if you make a post on craiglist you will. So many people in NYC and I imagine a bunch of them have acne and are feeling depressed. Who knows, you could really help someone!

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#3 Someclearday

Someclearday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think that's an awesome idea. I feel like there's a group for everything and I always see people doing "meet ups" for various things. I live in FL but I'd be down
Morning:Cerave foaming face wash in shower. Moisturize with Cerave/ derm cream samples. Pur Minerals foundation, original formula.
Night: Cerave face wash and Clarisonic every 3 days or so for exfoliation.
Internally: 40mg of Accutane started 3/16/13! 80mg started 4/15...DONE 8/19/13! OTC bcp blaahhh:/ Try to eat as healthy as I can and balance stress levels.
Please let it stay!

#4 EatsRainbows

EatsRainbows

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

What a fantastic idea! I'd love to join but I live in England... bit of a long way to travel ;) Good luck with it though :)

My Roaccutane Journey

16th May-27th October 2013

15 Years Old/Female/52kg

Month 1- 20mg

Month 2- 40mg

Month 3- 40mg

Month 4- 50mg

Month 5 and 1/2- 50mg

Also see page 4 on my log for the before and after photos :)

"You can't make a rainbow without a little rain"

#5 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the responses guys and gals.  That always seems to be the issue....everyone is so far away.  Wil keep searching though.

Hope you all are doing well

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#6 awesomenesssquared

awesomenesssquared

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

While my acne has calmed down...(had a sudden onslaught of cystic acne about a year ago) since I just finished accutane two~months ago...I now have pretty moderate/severe scarring and absolutely hate feeling isolated. I am from NYC (go to school in Long island) and would totally go to a get together like this if you could organize it.

you would have my support and I would try my best to make it.

#7 zulu59

zulu59

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

I am in NYC! I think this is a great idea! Where in the city are you located

#8 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

While my acne has calmed down...(had a sudden onslaught of cystic acne about a year ago) since I just finished accutane two~months ago...I now have pretty moderate/severe scarring and absolutely hate feeling isolated. I am from NYC (go to school in Long island) and would totally go to a get together like this if you could organize it.

Cool!.  Hopefully more people are interested as well!

I am in NYC! I think this is a great idea! Where in the city are you located

Hi, i just read your introductory post.  I live in Queens but work in Manhattan (i can pretty much travel -which New Yorker doesn't right?)

It would be great for all of us to connect and just share ideas but also to be around people going through the same thing (maybe see a movie, explore, etc).

I am definitely up for organizing this

#9 FreeMeOfAcne92

FreeMeOfAcne92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

i am an acne sufferer from brooklyn, new york and i would be down for this, i feel it can help for sure.

Edited by wishingitallaway, 04 March 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#10 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

i am an acne sufferer from brooklyn, new york and i would be down for this, i feel it can help for sure.

Very cool.  It would be great to connect with others.

#11 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

I live in LA :(

#12 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

I live in LA sad.png

Despair not...maybe you can start your own LA meetup group

#13 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Ok, so i would love to get this going as the weather is getting nice - ok, not really, but spring is right around the corner.  When is everyone free and what would you all like to meet up and do?

#14 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

I think it's a great idea and forming a real life support group of this kind will probably help a lot of people. I'm a little too far away...down in West Virginia, but I'd definitely go if I lived closer. Good luck to you guys. 

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#15 jjn

jjn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I think it would be  a good idea only if we can do other things then talk about acne. It'll be a way to get meet other people and get our minds off of thinking about how crappy acne is. We don't need a meetup to turn into an acne support group because that is what this forum is for.

#16 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Good Point - thats why i also asked what everyone else wanted to do.  NY can be such a fun place.  I'm up for anything....

#17 brooklyn718

brooklyn718

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hey,

Im from NYC and would like to meet up with someone to talk to about these damn scars that are taking such an emotional impact on my life, i also had treatments for it. 

#18 Tim714

Tim714

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

It's a great idea , not sure if I'm ready for it just yet though.

#19 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

I am two hours away from NYC! :)

Is everyone still up for doing this? 

#20 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

I am the original poster and i am definitely down for this.  Anytime in later July or August works for me