Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

At long last an Acne.org SPF is on its way.
_____

When: It should be for sale this Spring.

What sizes: It will be sold in an 8oz. bottle and 16oz. bottle for now, but may be available in an 8oz. tube in the future.

SPF rating: After FDA required testing, results are in and it will have an SPF rating of 16. I made sure to choose active ingredients which produce true broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.

Price: We have not priced it yet. It will be a bit more expensive than the regular Moisturizer since it costs quite a bit more to produce, but we'll do everything we can to keep the price as low as possible. 
_____

Thanks for your undying patience with this. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Follow us on twitter or like us on Facebook to be kept in the loop on when it's available.

spf-display4.png

#2 random1

random1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:First and foremost not having acne.Reading, sometimes writing. Skateboarding. Discussing Harry Potter. Finding and listening to new music, going to concerts(\m/) and just being in the moment

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

At long last an Acne.org SPF is on its way.
_____

When: It should be for sale this Spring.

What sizes: It will be sold in an 8oz. bottle and 16oz. bottle for now, but may be available in an 8oz. tube in the future.

SPF rating: After FDA required testing, results are in and it will have an SPF rating of 16. I made sure to choose active ingredients which produce true broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.

Price: We have not priced it yet. It will be a bit more expensive than the regular Moisturizer since it costs quite a bit more to produce, but we'll do everything we can to keep the price as low as possible. 
_____

Thanks for your undying patience with this. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Follow us on twitter or like us on Facebook to be kept in the loop on when it's available.

BROMYGOD !! I HAVE  WAITED YEARS FOR THIS AND ITS FINALLY COME TRUE

DAN YOU ARE  A BOSS!!!

#3 HopperKowalski

HopperKowalski

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Early spring or late spring? I need to figure out whether to order another bottle of regular moisturizer or if I should just wait...

#4 brizzle82

brizzle82

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:snowboarding, bowling, camping, hockey, paintball.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

awesome! will this be recommended for use every day in place of the regular moisturizer? how will it compare as far as hydrating the skin?

#5 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Is it going to be in the lotion? As in, can we just use the SPF lotion instead of the regular?

#6 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

This kinda makes me want to start the regimen again, but I can't handle the flakiness! 

I'm planning on starting the regimen again once the weather gets a little nicer. Will I be able to buy the whole regimen with the SPF moisturiser (without the normal moisturiser) or would I have to get it separately? I don't really see why I'd need both that's all. 

Edited by LewisS, 13 March 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#7 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Yeah I agree. I want a lotion JUST like the lotion you make already--but with SPF. Pleeease do this?

#8 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

SPF 16 isn't strong enough for being out in the sun all day.  It should be fine for being in the sun for a few minutes here and there throughout the day and driving, but definitely not if you're going to the pool, the beach, or being outdoors for any more than 30 minutes at a time.  

After all this time it has taken, I'm disappointed he'd come out with such a mild SPF formula.  SPF 30 would strongly be advised for any extended sun exposure.  

Edited by Ripon10, 15 March 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#9 Luminareo

Luminareo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Depending on price, I am excited.  SPF 16 is enough for me.  I assume Zinc Oxide is the "active ingredient"?

SPF 16 isn't strong enough for being out in the sun all day.  It should be fine for being in the sun for a few minutes here and there throughout the day and driving, but definitely not if you're going to the pool, the beach, or being outdoors for any more than 30 minutes at a time.  

After all this time it has taken, I'm disappointed he'd come out with such a mild SPF formula.  SPF 30 would strongly be advised for any extended sun exposure.  

Burning in 30 minutes with an SPF 16 on is unlikely.  It assumes that your bare skin burns in only two minutes in the sun.  It's really hard to find reliable data on "average burn times," but multiple sources have suggested 20 minutes as a conservative estimate .  That figure multiplies out to over five hours in the sun when wearing Dan's new SPF 16.  (20 min x SPF16 = 5.33 hrs) Assuming sensitive skin, Benzoyl Peroxide, and AHA, that time starts to diminish, but 30 minutes is a little low.  I'd say you're probably good for a couple hours at the very least.  

If you're out for longer than that, I do not think a higher SPF is necessarily the answer.  The whole rating system is kind of shoddy.  I believe the company itself assigns the number, as opposed to an independent rating agency. It does not factor in how much sunscreen is applied, or how often it is reapplied.  These things are far more important than the SPF number.  Australia does not allow sunscreen manufacturers to claim an SPF rating of higher than 30, because it does not believe that the rating system (or perhaps sunscreen in general) is capable of accounting for extremely long exposures.  To me, this indicates that the SPF is not a huge factor in the quality of a sunscreen.

In my opinion, SPF 16 will definitely hold you for a couple of hours in the sun, even assuming you're using topicals.  Exposures longer than that during the 10AM-4PM timeframe are not daily occurrences for everybody.  It is a better idea to regulate one's exposure using clothing, hats, shade, etc., than to simply look for a higher SPF.  Someone using any acne related topicals (such as Benzoyl Peroxide, AHA, peels, etc.) being that they are at an increased risk of sun damage, should strive to stay out of the sun for periods longer than a few hours, regardless of the SPF they are wearing.  

The role of a sunscreen for someone using topicals is to protect them for the time that they cannot be indoors, not to allow them to sunbathe.

Edit: this site is a useful read regarding SPF.

Edited by Luminareo, 15 March 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#10 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Actually, anyone using benzoyl peroxide, AHA, sal acid, or anything should strive to find a better SPF if they're going to be in the sun for any length of time.  

I'm in the sun a lot during the summer.  I've help run a swim team for the past 7 years.  My SPF 30 is pretty good, but sometimes I can get pink as well.

Many people are out in the sun during the summer for extended periods of time.  Dan's sunscreen is probably okay for many during the wintertime.  During the summer, SPF 16 will not effectively protect people's skin.  

#11 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

I did a little research and have to agree with the others. It seems that such a low spf doesn't make sense considering this lotion is supposed to be specifically designed for those on the regimen. Why not a higher spf?

#12 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

The aim of the spf moisturizer is to protect against incidental sun exposure that we all get as we go about our normal daily lives, but it isn't meant to protect you for long periods outdoors or sunbathing. Also, remember there are other ways of protecting your skin such as wide brimmed hats and seeking shade when outdoors (when possible).

#13 ladymermaid

ladymermaid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

OH MY GOD, I'M SO HAPPY!!! Thank you so much Dan!! I've never been so excited over a skin care product in my life! surprised.gif

#14 anymedsrx

anymedsrx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

i know its silly question but i want to now what is SPF?

Edited by anymedsrx, 11 April 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#15 Ballen

Ballen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Psychology and Entrepreneurship.

Achievements

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

i know its silly question but i want to now what is SPF?

Google "SPF sunscreen" and go to wikipedia.

#16 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

I see a lot of people here in the comments saying that SPF 16 isn't enough, but the way I look at it is, it's better to have some protection than none. There are also other measures you can take to avoid the sun on your face like hats or glasses.

This SPF looks really good for a day when it's partly cloudy, and you're going for a stroll in the park or perhaps relaxing on your lawn, maybe even chilling by the pool with an ice cold drink.

For amusement parks and beaches - or days when it's going to be really, really hot and sunny I would go with SPF 30 or higher, but this SPF looks great! I can't wait to try it. It seems very convenient (having a moisturizer AND sunscreen in one) it's really hard to find good moisturizing SPF's.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ACNE.ORG!

#17 MerAlene

MerAlene

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

We are now nearing May. Can anyone... Daniel?... give a better idea of when the SPF moisturizer will be available? I really need to place an order, but I've been waiting for the SPF availability. Not only am I excited to try it, but I'm nearly out of both my cleanser & moisturizer anyway. Should I order or is it worth waiting just a little longer?

#18 Ghiggz

Ghiggz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

We are now nearing May. Can anyone... Daniel?... give a better idea of when the SPF moisturizer will be available? I really need to place an order, but I've been waiting for the SPF availability. Not only am I excited to try it, but I'm nearly out of both my cleanser & moisturizer anyway. Should I order or is it worth waiting just a little longer?

I second that. Just give us a rough estimate of when we can place our orders. It's alright if it doesn't end up being correct. 

#19 ladymermaid

ladymermaid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Any word on the availability of the SPF? :?

#20 fouzer

fouzer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Early Spring... Late Spring... Early Fall... Mid Fall... Late Fall... ?? Maybe Dan forgot to mention WHICH "Early Spring" and we should be looking for this in Spring 2014?

I would love to see this product...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users