Photo

Pineapple Fast + Candida Diet (Acnedied.com) Thoughts?

pineapple candida

6 replies to this topic

#1 mistercoteman

mistercoteman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I've recently come across a website called www.acnedied.com and decided to follow its regimen because all the information provided sounds accurate.

Like many of you, I suffer from severe acne for many many years and I could find no cure and recently it has become worse. I've tried several types of topical creams, face washes, anti-biotics and acne facial treatments from professionals and nothing has worked and any improvements I seem to gain only became worse once I stopped taking the antibiotics. I won't post my life story as I'm sure most of you can simply relate to how frustrating this can be. I'll just tell you that my face is lumpy from the cystic acne in all areas, especially the jawline, chin, upper and lower cheekbone.  

Like I said, after much research I decided to follow this regimen as its daily steps seemed simple enough. Please check it out if you have time. http://www.acnedied....t-acne-cure.htm

The plan seems to be 90% similar to the candida diet with the exception of fruits. I've decided to go fruitless anyways as it seems like sugarless is the safer choice. Its been a week since I've started this diet and I've had candida die off symptoms for the first few days i.e. nausea, headaches, stomach aches etc but my skin seemed to be improving.

I just finished Day 8 which is the first day of the Pineapple fast which this website (as well as many sources online) claims to be a great natural quick treatment for acne. I was delighted to begin this step as I've been eating nothing but spinach, raw garlic and onions for the past few days, I thought three days of pineapple smoothies should be heaven but I've never been so wrong. Heres where I seem to come across a problem.

I had a total of 4 huge freshly blended pineapple smoothies today and by the third smoothie my mouth started bleeding from the acidity of the pineapple. I've read online that this is very common so I decided to use a straw to avoid the juice on my lips but a few hours ago I just went to bed only to be woken up in the middle of the night by a swollen tremendously painful sore throat. I don't know how normal this is and I really hate seeing through a plan half way but this is really hurting and I'm not quite sure what to do. 

Can anyone give me any advice out of experience?

#2 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I've recently come across a website called www.acnedied.com and decided to follow its regimen because all the information provided sounds accurate.

Like many of you, I suffer from severe acne for many many years and I could find no cure and recently it has become worse. I've tried several types of topical creams, face washes, anti-biotics and acne facial treatments from professionals and nothing has worked and any improvements I seem to gain only became worse once I stopped taking the antibiotics. I won't post my life story as I'm sure most of you can simply relate to how frustrating this can be. I'll just tell you that my face is lumpy from the cystic acne in all areas, especially the jawline, chin, upper and lower cheekbone.  

Like I said, after much research I decided to follow this regimen as its daily steps seemed simple enough. Please check it out if you have time. http://www.acnedied....t-acne-cure.htm

The plan seems to be 90% similar to the candida diet with the exception of fruits. I've decided to go fruitless anyways as it seems like sugarless is the safer choice. Its been a week since I've started this diet and I've had candida die off symptoms for the first few days i.e. nausea, headaches, stomach aches etc but my skin seemed to be improving.

I just finished Day 8 which is the first day of the Pineapple fast which this website (as well as many sources online) claims to be a great natural quick treatment for acne. I was delighted to begin this step as I've been eating nothing but spinach, raw garlic and onions for the past few days, I thought three days of pineapple smoothies should be heaven but I've never been so wrong. Heres where I seem to come across a problem.

I had a total of 4 huge freshly blended pineapple smoothies today and by the third smoothie my mouth started bleeding from the acidity of the pineapple. I've read online that this is very common so I decided to use a straw to avoid the juice on my lips but a few hours ago I just went to bed only to be woken up in the middle of the night by a swollen tremendously painful sore throat. I don't know how normal this is and I really hate seeing through a plan half way but this is really hurting and I'm not quite sure what to do. 

Can anyone give me any advice out of experience?

Pineapple is very acidic, hence your mouth bleeding and the heartburn you got. Obviously it's too acidic for your stomach to handle. I can't eat acidic fruits, I usually always get a canker sore from them inside my mouth and develop a pimple near my mouth.

#3 mistercoteman

mistercoteman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

I just woke up and my acne broke out more than I have this week. This is unusual as I've read I'm supposed to see a difference the second day morning. My throat is still killing me but I've decided to go on with it and tough it out. I am however thinking this can possibly be an allergic reaction although I don't have any skin rashes.

Thoughts?

#4 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just like fad weight loss diets, the pineapple fast sounds like a fad acne diet. Any time you do something as extreme as that (esp. with all the acidity your body has to handle), your body will react. I would say stick to a less extreme version of the candida diet and do not go overboard with fruits if you do decide do incorporate them into your diet.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#5 Zeyla

Zeyla

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Oh be careful! Too much of any one thing is not a good thing.

Also, pineapple would be feeding the yeast straight away, it is extremely high in sugar. 

It takes a long time to get rid of candida I'm afraid, much longer than days, you'd be best sticking to a healthy diet low in sugar (fruits like berries and lemon/lime are OK in moderation) and high in fibre/protein, and also trying some oil of oregano and olive leaf extract...all natural and they really act like an atomic bomb for candida overgrowth. 

Be careful with garlic and onions, also, they are great and I eat them liberally but with limitation (what a juxtaposition haha) as they are very strong natural blood thinners. They increase the clot time in the blood so if your gums are bleeding from the acidity of the pineapple, it will take much longer for the bleeding to stop due to the anti-clotting effect of garlic and onions.

They are great for candida of course, but too much can cause some issues. I remember I was having a lot of raw garlic and onions about a year ago, too much, and I accidentally cut my leg when I was shaving and it was literally bleeding for hours! Just a tiny tiny cut! 

#6 LovePlastic

LovePlastic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

If your mouth/throat is sore or bleeding STOP. Pineapples are too acidic and will cut your mouth/throat.

I completed the pineapple fast and it did nothing for me. Just my experience :(

#7 Cerealt

Cerealt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Depends what your underlying issue is. The only thing that cures me is a pinneaple fast but I do not have acne. I would try to take out out dairy and take B6 and MSM to see if it helps clear up your skin.

The fruit may be too sugary and acidic which in my opinion would not be god for your skin but then again it's the only thing that cures my intestinal issues but we all have very different bodies. 

For non-chronic cases a low sugar diet grouped with natural anti-fungal foods should help. I eat fruit alone and as long as it's not with other foods it wont ferment in your body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users