acne teenage rid

5 replies to this topic

#1 jsnjeppe

jsnjeppe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Im currently 17 years old and I am suffering of mild-moderate acne. Lately ive been taking a holistic view on acne, and ive got some decent results but lately ive been stuck and my acne seems to not move. I have been thinking about what i could do, and the question hit me that im still in puberty and if its even possible for me to clear my acne while in puberty? The succes stories that Ive been reading has mostly been adults as well, but i donw know what do you think?

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

I don't know. I suspect it would take longer for a teen. But you can reduce it.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I can proudly say that you can. 

#4 BryantMkIV

BryantMkIV

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

its possible to slow it down, just keep your breakouts low, by cutting down the refined carbs you eat, for example rice pasta, bread, i know its harder cause youre a teen , but you have to eat like an old overweight person,, small portions

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

its possible to slow it down, just keep your breakouts low, by cutting down the refined carbs you eat, for example rice pasta, bread, i know its harder cause youre a teen , but you have to eat like an old overweight person,, small portions

You have to eat like humans should.  

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#6 jsnjeppe

jsnjeppe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I have had pretty decent results by changing my lifestyle, I just feel lately that my acne is stuck and doesnt get better or worse thats why I was wondering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users