Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moisturizer Help

12 posts in this topic

Hi

Most of my acne is gone now, but i got a ton of red spots on my cheeks. I need a moisturizer so my skin can hydrate and heal from the hyperpigmentation red marks.

I've tried to browse through the "Product reviews" on this site, but whenever I see good reviews, the next person comes up saying it's bad. And most of the reviews are old as well.

So could anyone recommend me a moisturizer that has some SPF? (lightweight is preferred) Price doesn't really matter.

thanks! smile.png

I tried to delete my post but...

Sry, I was going to recommend something i was using for a while (and even having good luck with), but then i researched the ingredients and they're crap. =(

Sry, I was going to recommend something i was using for a while (and even having good luck with), but then i researched the ingredients and they're crap. =(

My favorite lightweight moisturizer with SPF is Aveeno Daily Moisturizer (SPF 30). It comes in a relatively small, tan-colored pump bottle. I use it every day, and no, I don't own stock in Aveeno!

Here is a link to order:

http://www.amazon.com/Aveeno-Naturals-Positively-Radiant-Moisturizer/dp/B0013OKSAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1361767205&sr=1-1&keywords=Aveeno+Active+Naturals+Positively+Radiant+Daily+Moisturizer+SPF-30

And of course - aside from the sun protection - it doesn't make the red spots fade faster (because only time does that)...

oh ok. what is the name of it? so i know which not to use aswell grinwink.gif

My favorite lightweight moisturizer with SPF is Aveeno Daily Moisturizer (SPF 30). It comes in a relatively small, tan-colored pump bottle. I use it every day, and no, I don't own stock in Aveeno!

Here is a link to order:

http://www.amazon.com/Aveeno-Naturals-Positively-Radiant-Moisturizer/dp/B0013OKSAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1361767205&sr=1-1&keywords=Aveeno+Active+Naturals+Positively+Radiant+Daily+Moisturizer+SPF-30

And of course - aside from the sun protection - it doesn't make the red spots fade faster (because only time does that)...

The thing that has worked for me is mixing my favorite moisturizer with another facial moisturizer with SPF. Just because it doesn't feel as heavy on the skin. Most moisturizers with SPF that I've tried have always felt wrong on the skin.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF15

i'm acne prone/ oily so i use a gel moisturizer, Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel, gives a smooth matte finish and most importantly doesn't break me out.

I love the Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid. It's so amazing and has changed my skin. My acne used to be much worse and my face used to be super oily. Now I have much more mild acne flare-ups and my skin is is normal/combination. A little of this product goes a long way!

Dan's moisturizer is really good. For me, too expensive. I Absolutely hate looking for moisturizers, I have spent days looking for moisturizers with 100% no pore clogging or irritating ingredients. A moisturizer that has none is Elta MD intense moisturizer 2.8 oz. But it is super greasy. The one I use which I absolutely love is unrefined raw shea butter. It is 100% non comedogenic and the only people who experience problems are the ones who think they've gotten pure shea butter or didn't even know there was a difference. It comes in a clay like form, usually yellow, and gets soft in your hands when you rub it around. It is healing, reduces irritation, and a minor suncreen. My favorite part is if you put it on lightly it won't give you a oily look, and if you want more moisturization you can put more on. you get that oily look though. It is long lasting and reletively cheap. Like four dollars for 2 oz which lasts forever! It will minimize or completely get rid of flakes, and definately moisturize completely. It is super thick though, so what I do is lightly pat all over my face to get it everywhere and then gently rub around. it'll get thinner as it melts on your skin so it's easier to get everywhere. I get it on Ebay because it's only the place I feel comfortable using, though you could probably find it else where via google search.

Dan's moisturizer is really good. For me, too expensive. I Absolutely hate looking for moisturizers, I have spent days looking for moisturizers with 100% no pore clogging or irritating ingredients. A moisturizer that has none is Elta MD intense moisturizer 2.8 oz. But it is super greasy. The one I use which I absolutely love is unrefined raw shea butter. It is 100% non comedogenic and the only people who experience problems are the ones who think they've gotten pure shea butter or didn't even know there was a difference. It comes in a clay like form, usually yellow, and gets soft in your hands when you rub it around. It is healing, reduces irritation, and a minor suncreen. My favorite part is if you put it on lightly it won't give you a oily look, and if you want more moisturization you can put more on. you get that oily look though. It is long lasting and reletively cheap. Like four dollars for 2 oz which lasts forever! It will minimize or completely get rid of flakes, and definately moisturize completely. It is super thick though, so what I do is lightly pat all over my face to get it everywhere and then gently rub around. it'll get thinner as it melts on your skin so it's easier to get everywhere. I get it on Ebay because it's only the place I feel comfortable using, though you could probably find it else where via google search.

1 person likes this