holistic saw palmetto pcos probiotics candida makeup

96 replies to this topic

#41 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

youre face looks great!!!! and to respond the the comment you left on my page im  glad you tried the cucumber juice :)

it really is sooo yummy!

its my new breakfast instead of cereal

#42 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

I see that you like to use the holistic approach when it comes to your acne. I think that's wonderful! 

Have you ever tried borage oil? (taken internally) I just bought some because I recently read a story about a girl who went to a holistic derm and he told her to take Borage Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Zinc. She said that it cleared her acne 8 weeks. =) I love my supplements and I recently starting taking these so I thought I would share.

Best of luck to you!

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

#43 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

youre face looks great!!!! and to respond the the comment you left on my page im  glad you tried the cucumber juice smile.png

it really is sooo yummy!

Thanks, I see some slow improvement particularly with decreased inflammation. How is your skin doing?

I'm getting addicted to cucumber juice! What brand do you usually get? I got one that has no added sugar and looks like water almost.

I see that you like to use the holistic approach when it comes to your acne. I think that's wonderful! 

Have you ever tried borage oil? (taken internally) I just bought some because I recently read a story about a girl who went to a holistic derm and he told her to take Borage Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Zinc. She said that it cleared her acne 8 weeks. =) I love my supplements and I recently starting taking these so I thought I would share.

Best of luck to you!

Hey Ghost! I haven't tried borage oil, is it working for you? What does it help with? I am using a vitamin e oil topically, but it's too early to tell if it's working. Unfortunately, every time I try to take zinc supplements I break out, no matter what brand it is, so I just try to get some zinc from different foods.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#44 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

youre face looks great!!!! and to respond the the comment you left on my page im  glad you tried the cucumber juice smile.png

it really is sooo yummy!

Thanks, I see some slow improvement particularly with decreased inflammation. How is your skin doing?

I'm getting addicted to cucumber juice! What brand do you usually get? I got one that has no added sugar and looks like water almost.

thats great! ive been seeing improvement.

but its on and off, somehow?

one day i wake up and my skin looks nicer and glowy, etc.

the next day its red and splotchy...

so i dont know.

its hard to tell sometimes if im making progress at all..

but the acne that i do get is less inflamed! and much smaller than usual. so id  say thats good smile.png

and for the cucumber juice i just make my own! haha i have a juicer

i juice 2 cucumber, 3 celery stalks, and 1 apple. and its really refreshing!

Edited by heyybrighteyes, 02 May 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#45 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

it really is sooo yummy!

>I see that you like to use the holistic approach when it comes to your acne. I think that's wonderful! 

Best of luck to you!

Hey Ghost! I haven't tried borage oil, is it working for you? What does it help with? I am using a vitamin e oil topically, but it's too early to tell if it's working. Unfortunately, every time I try to take zinc supplements I break out, no matter what brand it is, so I just try to get some zinc from different foods.

Borage Oil is full of the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid, which is supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory. So far my new vitamin cocktail has been working very well for me! I'm very excited. I read about using it from this girl : http://www.xojane.co...skin-less-fugly who has a derma who also practices holistic medicine and he reccomended these to her.

What kind of zinc were you taking? I know it comes in different forms, and I wonder if you took a form that your body just didn't like?

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

#46 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

it really is sooo yummy!

thats great! ive been seeing improvement.

but its on and off, somehow?

one day i wake up and my skin looks nicer and glowy, etc.

the next day its red and splotchy...

so i dont know.

its hard to tell sometimes if im making progress at all..

but the acne that i do get is less inflamed! and much smaller than usual. so id  say thats good smile.png

and for the cucumber juice i just make my own! haha i have a juicer

i juice 2 cucumber, 3 celery stalks, and 1 apple. and its really refreshing!

same here...some days my skin looks blah and dull, and others it feels softer. so frustrating! I'm getting less inflammed acne too - that's encouraging at least! Do you get more acne before and/or during your period? I noticed that most of my breakouts occur during ovulation (2 weeks before my period) and during my period. I'm hoping the progesterone cream can regulate my hormones but it takes time to see an improvement.

I need to get a juicer, that sound delicious! Much better than store bought juice.

Borage Oil is full of the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid, which is supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory. So far my new vitamin cocktail has been working very well for me! I'm very excited. I read about using it from this girl : http://www.xojane.co...skin-less-fugly who has a derma who also practices holistic medicine and he reccomended these to her.

What kind of zinc were you taking? I know it comes in different forms, and I wonder if you took a form that your body just didn't like?

Glad this is working for you! Does everyone need borage oil? Is it similar to evening primrose oil? I used to take EPO with vitex a while ago and it was a good combination, but the second time around it just upset my stomach so I stopped taking it. Is there an initial breakout with borage oil?

I tried opti-zinc and other brands of zinc picolinate. Which one is the best form to take?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#47 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Face got worse today. Like clockwork, 2 weeks after my period during the ovulation stage I get cysts. I'm hoping the natural progesterone cream I started using will help me keep these breakouts under control.

I forced myself to put makeup on today and go for a walk. The sunny weather temporarily cheered me up, but then I was supposed to go out and I didn't because I caught a glimpse in the mirror of the acne bumps on one side of my face. I took all my makeup off, put my pijamas on, and here I am.

My face really went from bad to worse within a couple of days. I feel like watching a trainwrech everytime ovulation comes around, and nothing I do seems to keep it at bay. The only positive is that my PMS breakout was mild this time, and there is definitely much less inflammation. I think my diet and the glutathione supplements have a lot to do with this.

#48 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Glad this is working for you! Does everyone need borage oil? Is it similar to evening primrose oil? I used to take EPO with vitex a while ago and it was a good combination, but the second time around it just upset my stomach so I stopped taking it. Is there an initial breakout with borage oil?

I tried opti-zinc and other brands of zinc picolinate. Which one is the best form to take?

Borage oil has less Omega-6 Fatty Acids than EPO, but Borage oil will not interact with birth control like EPO can. 

No, not everyone needs it. I broke out a little bit, but strangely enough it was only on my back and it only lasted a week. It's all gone now.

Zinc Orotate is said to be the best form of Zinc, because it has been chelated to orotic acid. The human body's cellular membranes most readily absorb this type of zinc. However, Zinc Picolinate is also very readily absorbed by our bodies. Much better than Zinc Citrate and such.

**Edited to add:

You're one of the only active people on here who tries to natural route and I just wanted to tell you that I tried fresh squeezed lemon juice on my face a couple of days ago and it has been a miracle worker for stopping breakouts and causing the ones I already have to come to a head. Just thought I'd share!

Edited by Ghost08, 06 May 2013 - 10:19 AM.

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
(PM)

#49 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Face got worse today. Like clockwork, 2 weeks after my period during the ovulation stage I get cysts. I'm hoping the natural progesterone cream I started using will help me keep these breakouts under control.

I forced myself to put makeup on today and go for a walk. The sunny weather temporarily cheered me up, but then I was supposed to go out and I didn't because I caught a glimpse in the mirror of the acne bumps on one side of my face. I took all my makeup off, put my pijamas on, and here I am.

My face really went from bad to worse within a couple of days. I feel like watching a trainwrech everytime ovulation comes around, and nothing I do seems to keep it at bay. The only positive is that my PMS breakout was mild this time, and there is definitely much less inflammation. I think my diet and the glutathione supplements have a lot to do with this.

sorry to hear that :(

i seem to always have recommendations

and heres a new one! lol

www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Perfect-Nutritional-Supplement/dp/B003L33HOY/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1367942565&sr=8-13&keywords=raw+supplements

it is A-MAZ-ING.

although i havent really noticed a huge increase in energy, ive noticed a glow in my skin..

and it also seems to have healed an infection i had in an un-mentionalble area :X which is awesome.

it regulates blood sugar levels.. and gives a lot of nutrients from plant based sources that arent always easy to incorporate everyday, you know?

i dont know, i just love it so far. haah

i havent been as strict on  my diet, no longer fullyyyy raw cause i eat chicken now<3 but the only bad stuff ive been eating, still, are chips and salsa.

ive had more salt in my diet lately, but i havent noticed any negative effects

well.. i did have a headache yesterday. so i guess thats negative lol

i really see an improvement though in my skin.

and ive been meaning to ask you!!

how did the msm cream work out? are you still using it?

#50 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Borage oil has less Omega-6 Fatty Acids than EPO, but Borage oil will not interact with birth control like EPO can. 

No, not everyone needs it. I broke out a little bit, but strangely enough it was only on my back and it only lasted a week. It's all gone now.

Zinc Orotate is said to be the best form of Zinc, because it has been chelated to orotic acid. The human body's cellular membranes most readily absorb this type of zinc. However, Zinc Picolinate is also very readily absorbed by our bodies. Much better than Zinc Citrate and such.

**Edited to add:

You're one of the only active people on here who tries to natural route and I just wanted to tell you that I tried fresh squeezed lemon juice on my face a couple of days ago and it has been a miracle worker for stopping breakouts and causing the ones I already have to come to a head. Just thought I'd share!

Thanks for the tips! I try lemon juice on and off, and when I use it sparingly it helps with cysts. Actually, I used it last night because I had a cyst on my jawline, and today my face is calmer in general. I also did a copper peptide mask last night and then applied phyto-corrective gel. All these are usually hit or miss, and this time they all worked together. Phew.

I might give the zinc another go...I have some zinc deficiency symptoms and it can't hurt to give it a try. What brand would you recommend? I tried Earth Origins Optizinc before, and still have a few left so I might start with that and then switch.

sorry to hear that sad.png

i seem to always have recommendations

and heres a new one! lol

www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Perfect-Nutritional-Supplement/dp/B003L33HOY/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1367942565&sr=8-13&keywords=raw+supplements

it is A-MAZ-ING.

although i havent really noticed a huge increase in energy, ive noticed a glow in my skin..

and it also seems to have healed an infection i had in an un-mentionalble area sick.gif which is awesome.

it regulates blood sugar levels.. and gives a lot of nutrients from plant based sources that arent always easy to incorporate everyday, you know?

i dont know, i just love it so far. haah

i havent been as strict on  my diet, no longer fullyyyy raw cause i eat chicken now<3 but the only bad stuff ive been eating, still, are chips and salsa.

ive had more salt in my diet lately, but i havent noticed any negative effects

well.. i did have a headache yesterday. so i guess thats negative lol

i really see an improvement though in my skin.

and ive been meaning to ask you!!

how did the msm cream work out? are you still using it?

Hey! My face is a lot calmer today, glad yours is doing better too! I am keeping track on my calendar of ovulation times and my face ALWAYS gets worse for 3-4 days, then it calms down. Grrrrr so annoying, but at least it's predictable chaos. I started using bioidentical natural progesterone cream, but I would really like to be monitored by an endocrinologist who specializes in this area. Unfortunately, the one I was recommended charges $500 for the first visit, plus extra saliva hormone testing! insane! So I"m left on my own again until I upgrade to a better job with benefits in a few months (hopefully).

That raw supplement looks amazing! How many days did it take for it to kick in? Is it in powder form or in a capsule?

I'm still using the MSM cream and it has really helped with some rolling scars I was developing. I have been using it consistently for the past couple of months but not all over my face, only in parts where I have scars. I noticed that if I apply it in areas that don't have scars I sometimes break out. I do apply it all over my neck though and it feels good!

My recommendation for inflammation (if you have any) is l-glutathione. I took it for over a month, and I noticed a huge improvement in inflammation because it cleanses the liver. Unfortunately, it's a short-term treatment because it loses its effectiveness when used daily, so I am now taking a break from it (it works kind of like milk thistle, but I'm too nervous to go that route again lol).

#51 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

I use the Solaray brand. They have a few different kinds but I use the one that is just 50mg zinc chelate. It has pumpkin in it too.

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
(PM)

#52 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I use the Solaray brand. They have a few different kinds but I use the one that is just 50mg zinc chelate. It has pumpkin in it too.

Thanks, I'll try it when I ran out of opti-zinc. Does 50mg cause any stomach issues for you? Right now I'm taking 15-30mg and sometimes I get stomach cramps.

Ok, quick skin update. Is there an improvement or not, be honest. I'm left with lots of red marks, some rolling scars, and smaller indentations. I also have a few zits from using sunscreen everyday.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 2013-05-15 at 22.58.jpg
  • Photo on 2013-05-15 at 23.01 #2.jpg

Edited by WishClean, 18 May 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#53 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

I always take my vitamins after eating, and I've never had a problem with my stomach.

It looks like your face has a lot less active marks on it. The redness has definitely improved!

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
(PM)

#54 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

I always take my vitamins after eating, and I've never had a problem with my stomach.

It looks like your face has a lot less active marks on it. The redness has definitely improved!

I ran out of the opti-zinc I was using up today, so I'm going to try a different form now. You said Zinc Picolinate is the most easily absorbed form (I also noticed that many on this forum are taking this type), but you are taking zinc chelate? Would you say that works better than the picolinate? I was mainly taking opti-zinc because it also contained copper, to prevent copper deficiency from taking zinc.

I was also thinking of adding calcium d-glucarate. I did some research, and it supposedly helps regulate hormones by assisting the liver in properly flushing out excess hormones and toxins.

I read in your signature that you are on ortho tri-cyclen lo - would you say that is the main thing that's keeping you clear? I heard from some people that it really helps with acne, but I don't know anyone who got totally clear from it because it's more mild than other BCP.

#55 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

I ran out of the opti-zinc I was using up today, so I'm going to try a different form now. You said Zinc Picolinate is the most easily absorbed form (I also noticed that many on this forum are taking this type), but you are taking zinc chelate? Would you say that works better than the picolinate? I was mainly taking opti-zinc because it also contained copper, to prevent copper deficiency from taking zinc.

I was also thinking of adding calcium d-glucarate. I did some research, and it supposedly helps regulate hormones by assisting the liver in properly flushing out excess hormones and toxins.

I read in your signature that you are on ortho tri-cyclen lo - would you say that is the main thing that's keeping you clear? I heard from some people that it really helps with acne, but I don't know anyone who got totally clear from it because it's more mild than other BCP.

I've actually never tried Zinc Picolinate. I just recently ran out of Zinc and have not repurchased, but when I do I am going to try it and I will let you know what I think.

I started Ortho not for acne reason, but for some other health issues I was having, and did not notice a big difference in my skin from it.

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
(PM)

#56 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I would try swapping the simple products for nivea lotion if you haven't tried it which you can use as a cleanser and a moisturiser, me and my work mate both broke out while using simple products.Ive just had a break out 3weeks ago after suddenly becoming allergic to No7 cleanse and sooth which i've had clear skin using for a couple of years on and off, all of a sudden my skin flares up when i use it (looked alot like your skin on the photos).  Also the best soap i've found for my hyper allergic skin is Tesco everyday value soap, morrisons do a version of it too which is also great and its dirt cheap.My skin is calming down now i've changed to nivea it took me a week to realise what was causing the acne as the No7 cleanser was the last thing i suspected seeing as though i'd just purchased a couple of new products the week before. Last week i was dabbing t tree oil on the spots which was aggrevating them so I stopped using that a few days ago.  So now i'm just washing twice a day with my value soap. taking my makeup off with nivea and dabbing sudocrem on my (40) red marks, it seems to be calming down alot.  I can't use even diluted apple cider vinegar at the minute it seems to be keeping my red marks from healing so im gonna lay off it until the marks have healed properly. Think I've been over treating my problem and need to stick to the sudocrem for a bit.

Wow, this is an old post, sorry I didn't reply to it sooner. You are right about overtreating - I'm trying to simplify my routine as much as possible. i think I began reacting to my boscia cleanser, which I have been using for years! I used it last night and this morning after a while (I was switching between Image gentle cleanser & a clinical cleanser) and my face felt itchy all day. Unfortunately, we don't have Tesco in the us, maybe I'll try morrosons.

#57 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

My signature was taking up too much space, so I'm posting my regimen here. These are the things that are currently keeping the chaos at bay. This time around, my acne has been more stubborn and unresponsive than EVER, and it has ravished my face. Not sure if it will ever get back to "normal" after this battle, but I will keep trying.

Current regimen:
Diet, Herbs, Supplements:
Digestive enzymes & probiotcs
l-glutathione (works well short term to get rid of inflammation), vitamin C, zinc, magnesium
Gluten free diet & avoiding dairy, corn & sugar ---> Modified to low histamine diet, which includes sweet potatoes every day (lots of nutrients)
Ginger and roiboos tea, sometimes oolong tea, plenty of spring or filtered water
Topicals (homeopathic, organic, etc):
Calamine lotion (topically, a few nights a week)
Aloe vera (1-2 nights a week), Sulfur mask (once a month), honey mask (every other night, sometimes I add yogurt and lemon)
MSM cream & see cosmetics below
Wash your face with spring water, not tap water
Treatments:
Acupuncture (every 3-4 weeks)
High frequency facial (whenever I can afford it)

Edited by WishClean, 16 June 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#58 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Quick update.

I had to discontinue the progesterone cream after persistent side effects. I was getting a numbing/ tingling sensation in the areas I was applying it. Even when I decreased the dosage below the minimum recommended amount I was still getting this reaction. I contacted the manufacturer and they recommended stopping it for a while. So now I will keep taking magnesium to hopefully help raise my progesterone more naturally.

I have also added probiotics back into my diet, as per the recommendation of the allergist I saw, and began to take enzymes to help with allergies. Too soon to tell if these are working.

I will start taking l-glutathione again on and off to help with liver detoxification. It helped me a lot last time, and I'm hoping it will calm down inflammation.

Skincare routine:

• Image The Max cleanser
  • Mineral fusion enzyme scrub
  • Skinceuticals hydrating B5 serum with hyaluronic acid
  • Mineral fusion toner
  • Image Daily Defense Matte Moisturizer (highly recommend as a sunscreen)
  • Lumene Vitamin C+ daily protective cream SPF 15 (only on hyperpigmentation, too rich to apply all over)
  • Yogurt and/or honey mask (2-3 times/ week)
  • Aloe vera gel (2 nights/ week)

Makeup (I don't use all of these every time, usually just mineral foundation):

• Primer & sunscreen: Cover FX SPF30 primer
  • Meow cosmetics oily skin primer
  • Meow cosmetics pampered puss mineral foundation
  • Lily lolo mineral foundation
  • Meow cosmetics foundation finishing powder
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation
  • Smashbox Healthy FX foundation (now I use very rarely because the formula changed)

Edited by WishClean, 14 June 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#59 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Skin update! I have been on a low histamine diet for almost a week now. For the past month, I  have been taking a higher dose of probiotics and also added digestive enzymes in addition to the usual vitamins. I think I'm finally on the right track. The plan is to boost my immune system and digestive track, and then hopefully it will be easier to repair any liver damage and hormonal imbalances. My instinct was telling me not to take antibiotics, not to take birth control, and definitely not to take accutane. I am glad I didn't cave because I would have made my digestive issues worse. The allergist I went to confirmed my histamine reactions and high IgE level ( =production of more antibodies as a defense mechanism against allergens/ histamine triggers), and possible digestive issues/ IBS.

Right now, enzymes are key in my gut healing.  Enzymes are big in the cosmetics industry too, and I started using mineral fusion (As natural as it gets) products that contain enzymes for cell repair and skin renewal. I don't want to use anything harsh like retin-A, but hopefully the enzymes and MSM cream will restore some collagen into my distressed skin. Any suggestions for other natural retin-A substitutes for scars? Rosehip oil?

So far so good. I wanted to compare side by side a photo I took yesterday with a photo from hell breaking loose back in March.

THEN: (possibly too much detoxing on my skin plus hormonal breakouts)       NOW: (the clearer pic is the now one, they got mixed up when I posted them)

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo2013-03-26 at 00.47.jpg
  • SSPX0074.jpg

Edited by WishClean, 10 December 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#60 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Skin is still doing well! I have texture issues, scarring, hyperpigmentation/melasma, and some healing cysts, but at this point I'll take what I can get.

The diet is a bit challenging at this stage, but nothing I can't handle. Went out last night and had a beer and a few bites of cake and was fine. I took digestive enzymes beforehand.

Edited by WishClean, 16 June 2013 - 10:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users