WishClean

Diet And Supplements Log

108 posts in this topic

Following

What products are you using for make up?

Hey!

I have some product reviews you can check out on acne.org.

At the moment, I'm trying not to use too many products, but generally these are my stable picks:

- Bourjois healthy mix concealer (I also use it instead of foundation most days, then blend it in all over with NYX HD or Lilylolo powder)

- NYX stay matte foundation

- Zevras cosmetics foundation

- Nars sheer glow foundation

Current regimen: garlic supplements  & turmeric [as needed, for antioxidants, both are AMAZING for skin], Enzymedica gluten blocker/ digestive enzymes [as needed], nicadan [the only vitamin presciption I take -1/2 per day works well], DIM (needed), inositol (very rarely nowadays - no longer needed as my PCOS is balanced). Also trying herbs for adrenal fatigue. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using BioClin and other products), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency & lactic acid peel facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

Hey hey! Some overdue updates on how my skin is doing, with photos. You can see the date on each photo - ranging from this summer (better skin, more vitamin D, more relaxed!), last month, and 2 of today. I found out I might have a mild case of rosacea, at least according to the most recent dermatologist I saw a couple of months ago. 

My current supplements:

- Nicadan 

- garlic pills with allicin 

- as needed: gluten blockers by Enzymedica for a possible gluten allergy (I still need to get checked out for it)

And that's it for now. Since nicadan has a mix of vitamins and omegas, I don't want to overdo it with extra supplements. 

Makeup is usually the same as before. Still trying to find a light talc-free powder that matches my skin color. 

Photo on 2015-07-27 at 00.56.jpg

Photo on 2015-11-07 at 20.20.jpg

Photo on 2015-12-19 at 14.50.jpg

Photo on 2015-12-19 at 15.07 #2.jpg

Current regimen: garlic supplements  & turmeric [as needed, for antioxidants, both are AMAZING for skin], Enzymedica gluten blocker/ digestive enzymes [as needed], nicadan [the only vitamin presciption I take -1/2 per day works well], DIM (needed), inositol (very rarely nowadays - no longer needed as my PCOS is balanced). Also trying herbs for adrenal fatigue. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using BioClin and other products), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency & lactic acid peel facials...

Grocery list:

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

Hello, is anyone still following this log? I just wanted to post a general update and some no-makeup pics.

I apologize for the delay in responding to messages - I have a heavy workload so I don't come on here as often as I used to. Not logging on as often has helped me maintain a healthier and less stressful attitude towards my skin, and myself in general. So, as much as I love acne.org, I can't dedicate as much energy on here, but I hope that the archive I built over the years will be useful to many of you. In fact, I still get responses to my older threads from people who are struggling. I want to stress that I only give general advice, as I'm not a doctor and cannot possibly have answers for every individual case. For general advice, please follow my posts & this log.

My update & photos:

- Still on a low histamine, gluten-free, low dairy diet. I might try to be a bit more paleo, but for now I'm just trying to eat as healthy as possible.
- I only take a multivitamin every day as a regular supplement - it's prescription-strength, and it's called NIcadan. Actually, I cut the pill in half and only take half every day because more than that makes me feel a bit nauseous (I'm a petite person, so I adjust the dosage). I think the vitamin C and the niacinamide are the most helpful vitamins in this cocktail.
- I also take Adrenal Cortex every morning to help with low cortisone and adrenal fatigue.
- I sometimes take half a DIM supplement when my skin is acting up, and a garlic supplement (as me for specific brand if you are interested) when my immune system feels weak.
- When needed: digestive enzymes and SOD (to lower histamine reactions).

Tests:
- Saliva tests for hormones & stool tests for parasites ---> Upside: more accurate than blood tests etc, but too expensive!

Here are some photos of my skin in broad daylight with no makeup on...I used to get terrible anxiety over my skin looking less than perfect, but now I decided not to give a f***k.

IMG_5515.JPG

IMG_5526.JPG

Grocery list:

Hey, thank you for keeping a log. I follow from time to time and it is very helpful to know others' treatment plans.

Q: I would like to ask how the garlic supplements are doing for you? I take them as well, an extract version in the form of a pill, and I feel like it makes my acne worse or at least is not helping.

Edited by mexx

On 10/13/2016 at 10:42 AM, mexx said:

Hey, thank you for keeping a log. I follow from time to time and it is very helpful to know others' treatment plans.

Q: I would like to ask how the garlic supplements are doing for you? I take them as well, an extract version in the form of a pill, and I feel like it makes my acne worse or at least is not helping.

Maybe you have a fungal issue? Usually fungi do not respond to antibiotic treatments.

I take enzymatic therapy garlinase 5000.

Grocery list:

19 hours ago, WishClean said:

Maybe you have a fungal issue? Usually fungi do not respond to antibiotic treatments.

Oh I see, so you take the enzymatic garlinase for fungi?

1 hour ago, mexx said:
21 hours ago, WishClean said:

Oh I see, so you take the enzymatic garlinase for fungi?
No, I started taking it when I had a bacterial infection, and after that cleared up then I kept taking it as an antioxidant. I don't think it helps for fungal infections.

Grocery list: