103 posts in this topic

Following

What products are you using for make up?

Hey!

I have some product reviews you can check out on acne.org.

At the moment, I'm trying not to use too many products, but generally these are my stable picks:

- Bourjois healthy mix concealer (I also use it instead of foundation most days, then blend it in all over with NYX HD or Lilylolo powder)

- NYX stay matte foundation

- Zevras cosmetics foundation

- Nars sheer glow foundation

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

Hey hey! Some overdue updates on how my skin is doing, with photos. You can see the date on each photo - ranging from this summer (better skin, more vitamin D, more relaxed!), last month, and 2 of today. I found out I might have a mild case of rosacea, at least according to the most recent dermatologist I saw a couple of months ago. 

My current supplements:

- Nicadan 

- garlic pills with allicin 

- as needed: gluten blockers by Enzymedica for a possible gluten allergy (I still need to get checked out for it)

And that's it for now. Since nicadan has a mix of vitamins and omegas, I don't want to overdo it with extra supplements. 

Makeup is usually the same as before. Still trying to find a light talc-free powder that matches my skin color. 

Photo on 2015-07-27 at 00.56.jpg

Photo on 2015-11-07 at 20.20.jpg

Photo on 2015-12-19 at 14.50.jpg

Photo on 2015-12-19 at 15.07 #2.jpg

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**