Photo

Has It "derailed" Your Life Socially And Mentally?

depression

2 replies to this topic

#1 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi,

I'm 27, I've been bullied about it in the past and society deemed that I had to be put into social isolation because of my bad looks. I was the worst looking guy, so I had to be bullied and I had to be put in isolation. Don't bother saying that it wasn't because of the acne, because my experiences say otherwise.

I have never been able to make real friends and I haven't been going out from the age of 16 until 6 months ago when I decided that had to see a doctor about my problems, because I see people of my age getting children and I would like to have children as well within 10 years or so. It didn't really bother me before, but last year I realised that I actually had a depression when I talked to people about this. I never realised that I had a depression, because it was my normal state of mind. (and it still kinda is, but I'm "fighting" it with positive experiences these days).

I am finally meeting new people now and things are going better for me. It seems that people are now accepting me finally, but I have to pay money in order to see them and I would rather keep the money myself, but it is either this or back to hell again. The thing is that I have lived my entire life in the area I live in currently, but I have zero friends and I had otherwise no good contact with other people of my age. The doctor said that my acne was becoming less severe, but it was still severe enough that I have to at least get started with a Roaccutane treatment, because that was the bottom line for "realistic solutions".

Do any of you experienced something that I have experienced? (or rather have the severe lack of social experiences "normal looking" people have?)

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

I can definitely relate to the social isoation but much of it is admitedly due to my own making.  My friends or family never comment on my acne so i know my insecurities keep me away from people.  I figure that i will be living with acne for a very long time so i need to find some coping mechanisms.

Good Luck with everything and don't be afraid to reach out - people often timessuprise us when we least expect it.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#3 IvyHawk

IvyHawk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Repeat user above.

I feel I cant be loved, so I dont try. 

I don't do coffee.

I color outside the lines for fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users