2 replies to this topic

#1 annie3131

annie3131

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hi guys!

This is my first post here, although I’ve been using Dan’s products for several months now. My breakouts are generally mild-severe, but are almost always in the form of whiteheads; sometimes small & manageable, other times they get to be huge and can last for days before finally drying out from the BP. I recently purchased Dan’s AHA moisturizer after reading great reviews on here. I’ve been using it for about 2 weeks so far. The first week, it was great. I used it once a day, at night, after washing my face and applying BP. I’m now in the 2nd week of using it, and I’m noticing some breakouts on my chin (which is where I tend to break out anyway). A few tiny whiteheads and then two fairly large, inflamed whiteheads. Has anyone experienced this type of break out during week 2 of AHA? Should I keep using it? I’ve been using it every night – even though it stings each time! – but am wondering if that’s overdoing it… Any thoughts are welcome!

#2 g5club

g5club

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I use AHA at night. I add about 1 tsp with one pump of the moisterizer and 6 drops of the jojoba oil. If I know I'm not going anywhere during the day then I'll also use it in the morning. Make sure you let your face dry completely after the cleansing and treatment step. I use a LOT of treatment cream so it takes a while for it to soak in. The AHA started off stinging really bad. So I cut back to a couple drops mixed in with moisterizer and then worked my way up to 1 tsp. It doesn't sting anymore. I haven't had any breakouts since I quit using my well water ..I don't use Dan's cleanser since it would require rinsing off with our well water. I use Dickinson's witch hazel cleansing pads and still wait for my face to dry before applying the treatment cream.

#3 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Hi guys!

This is my first post here, although I’ve been using Dan’s products for several months now. My breakouts are generally mild-severe, but are almost always in the form of whiteheads; sometimes small & manageable, other times they get to be huge and can last for days before finally drying out from the BP. I recently purchased Dan’s AHA moisturizer after reading great reviews on here. I’ve been using it for about 2 weeks so far. The first week, it was great. I used it once a day, at night, after washing my face and applying BP. I’m now in the 2nd week of using it, and I’m noticing some breakouts on my chin (which is where I tend to break out anyway). A few tiny whiteheads and then two fairly large, inflamed whiteheads. Has anyone experienced this type of break out during week 2 of AHA? Should I keep using it? I’ve been using it every night – even though it stings each time! – but am wondering if that’s overdoing it… Any thoughts are welcome!

I started using AHA into my 5th week of the regimen. Though I don't use Dan's AHA, I use a 10% Glycolic Acid Gel I got locally in the Philippines. I combine half of that with my moisturizer and jojoba oil. I do this every night and have seen great results. I think mixing them also takes a lot of the sting out.

Though I couldn't tell you anything about Dan's AHA, my guess is you are not using enough BP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users