Research Shows Inflammation Causes Acne

acne research

2 replies to this topic

#1 sherinfernando

sherinfernando

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Basically I love life and I love living life. I enjoy the outdoors, traveling, restaurants, laughing, going to cultural events, and socializing with quality people. Its just better living and sharing life with someone else

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Acne is a painstakingly frustrating condition. The cure has eluded both sufferers and dermatologists for decades. However latest research on the role of oxidative stress and the antioxidant defense in acne brings new hope for sufferers.

Acne patients are under higher oxidative stress than people with healthy skin, and as a result their antioxidant levels are exhausted. Managing inflammation and correcting antioxidant depletion often brings much needed relief for acne patients.

*Moderator edit - URL removed. Please read the board rules*

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Yes, it's an inflammatory condition. Chronic inflammation is also at the root od diabetes, heart disease and most of the other lifestyle caused self inflicted diseases that everyone around you suffers from today. Acne sufferers aren't under more oxidative stress. We just get the symptom of acne due to some genetic differences.

And fortunately, this is eay to improve with diet and lifestyle habits

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

which foods are best for treating oxidative stress? I.E. which foods have high antioxidant activity? Does grass fed beef have this? What about pasture raised eggs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users